Twins in the Tower | Teen Ink

Twins in the Tower

By Mary_S., Grand Blanc, Michigan
Mary_S., Grand Blanc, Michigan

"Welcome to the New World, where you'd better watch your neck."

Summary:

Hi, I'm Charlotte, the forgotten one. The disobedient one, the less loved one, and almost always the second best child, but that's okay, I guess. You probably have no idea who I am, but I know you all know my twin sister, Rapunzel. Everyone knows her. Everyone loves her, too, and I guess that includes me, despite the fact that she gets everything; she gets Mother's love, she gets all the attention, and she gets the boy of my dreams. On top of that, as much as I love her, she's a little pathetic. And dependant. And gullible... the list goes on and on. Oh, well, I guess that's just her: darling little helpless Rapunzel. Wish me luck, otherwise I might just kill her! Haha, kidding!... Kinda...

It seems Charlotte was born rebellious, so when Gothel kidnaps her and her sister, raises them in a tower, and tells them to stay put, what does she do? She sneaks out every night to join a band of thieves. When they rob a castle one night, Charlotte begins to unravel her past, but at what price?

Mary S.

Twins in the Tower

CurlyGirl17 SILVER, Corydon, Indiana
I love this whole idea! Charlotte's really cool, and you do a good job of describing her character, something I find tricky sometimes. I'd really appreciate a comment or advice from you on the first chapter of my story, Metalligirl- you definitely seem to know what you're doing! :)

purpleroar23 said...
purpleroar23, Wallawalla, Other
Great book! I love the angle you took, and awesome idea for a book. And if I were a movie-making person, I would totally make this a movie. :)

byebyebirdy BRONZE, Fort Worth, Texas

They change every day. Today's is this: "But sometimes the sun has been up for a long time and we just refuse to open the curtains." ~the woman I met on the street that one time.

This is really awesome, and super creative!! I can totally see this being a movie! I really love Charrlotte and Vincent. Please keep writing! :)

Steph0804 said...
on Aug. 5 2011 at 10:07 am

In my opinion, we should stop publishing "Rapunzel" and start printing "Twins in the Tower" :)

Then, everyone will know the truth ;)

Pedophobic BRONZE, Moreno Valley, California

If you want people to be themselves, be prepared to expect not only the best of them, but the worst as well.

Why can't i add this to my favorites?

:[

Mary_S. said...
Mary_S., Grand Blanc, Michigan

hanks! Well, all they have to do is get some help and then they'll be all set to break Andrew and Tobias out of jail, and that's bound to be pretty action-packed, so... Once again, thanks for the comment, I'm doing my best to update soon!

TheGoodTwin said...
TheGoodTwin, Fort Mill, South Carolina

Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.

--Shakespeare

Well this chapter is good, it doesn't have the heart-pounding action the last one has, but it's a little breather. It's good. Keep it coming......

Mary_S. said...
Mary_S., Grand Blanc, Michigan

Thanks, I'm working on it right now, I swear!

MadWriter BRONZE, Lorton Station, Virginia
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

"A Story nevre ends someone just decides to stop telling it"
"The World needs more giggles!"

I LOVE IT!  wow ! I never thought to add a twin to the repunzel story . So Creative Please write more Quickly but take your time make it as awesome as the other chaps

~CraZYWrIteR~

Mary_S. said...
on May. 1 2011 at 11:59 am
Mary_S., Grand Blanc, Michigan

K, I'll do my best!

Mary_S. said...
on May. 1 2011 at 11:57 am
Mary_S., Grand Blanc, Michigan

Thank you so much :) I'm glad to hear you like it! I'm doing my best to get them out quickly, but this is one of the harder stories I've worked on.

flyingpinkgiraffes, Chardon, Ohio
oh wow i love this!!! im a serious fairy tale person so this is PERFECT for me.  hurry up and put the rest up!!!!!! write quickly!

TheGoodTwin said...
TheGoodTwin, Fort Mill, South Carolina

--Shakespeare

I tried, but for some reason i just can't seem to get it posted. If you can't find them, then that's ok. They're just in the novel sections, 

Away from Tragedy(realistic fic)

Among the Stars(romance fic)

Hands Stained Red(ACtion-adventure)

IN THE LIFE: A collection of Poems(other novels)

on Apr. 29 2011 at 10:39 am
Parantan BRONZE, Mars, Pennsylvania

Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go.

"I'm waiting, I'm waiting!"

"For what? And who are you, Spongebob?"

"Actually my name is Mara03851 and I am waiting for Mary_S. to put another chapter of her book out." "OMG, I love that book!" High Five!

So basically I'm trying to say, wonderful story, hopefully once you get this published and it's turned into a movie (no if's there!) then tangled will be old news :) I am also trying to say- Get out more chapters!

Mary_S. said...
Mary_S., Grand Blanc, Michigan

Hm, I'm having trouble finding your stories. Could you maybe leave me the links?

Mary_S. said...
Mary_S., Grand Blanc, Michigan

Thank you very much! I plan on getting my next chapter out as soon as possible, please be patient with me! I'm glad you like it!

Mary_S. said...
Mary_S., Grand Blanc, Michigan

Thanks. I'm a little afraid that I'm portraying Charlotte's relationship with her sister as mostly resentment, but it's really not. I'm glad you like it, and that you like the way they counteract each other. Please keep following my story, I'd appreciate it a lot!

Mary_S. said...
Mary_S., Grand Blanc, Michigan

Thank you! I'm plan on having my next chapter out as soon as possible; I'm working on this story every chance I get!

Mary_S. said...
Mary_S., Grand Blanc, Michigan

Thanks so much! My biggest hope would be that this could be a movie, I'm just worried no one would do it due to the recent movie Tangled. I'm very grateful for your comment, and I hope you'll keep following my story! I plan on updating as soon as possible, it's just that I'm making my chapters longer in this story than I ever used to, so it'll take a bit longer than I'm used to to get this out. Please be patient!

Mary_S. said...
Mary_S., Grand Blanc, Michigan

Thanks! You're asking the right questions; you're exactly the kind of reader I love having. Her mom recognizes her because of the distinctive silver hair, but when I was telling my mom and several other mothers (aunts, older cousins, etc) they all said that even without the hair, it's not that hard to believe in a Mother's instinct. I don't know if I agree with that, though.

I can assure you, that was something I always planned on clarifying, just later in the story. Also, the plot is intended to be longer than the description would lead a reader to believe, I've just never been very good (this is the best I've done in a while) with descriptions; maybe that's something I should leave to a publisher.

Thank you very much for your comment, I'll be sure to check up on your stories, and I'd be overjoyed if you continued to follow my story!