The Last Ones | Teen Ink

The Last Ones

June 9, 2022
By ALEXANDERS1234, Souderton, Pennsylvania
More by this author
ALEXANDERS1234, Souderton, Pennsylvania
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Author's note:

This peice is really good and you should read it. 

Hello there my name is Mark Buford. You are probably wondering how I got into the situation and why there is a giant monster on top of this McDonalds. One week ago I was not like this, Buffalo, New York was not like this, the world was not like this. One week ago I was doing normal teenage stuff but this is not how I thought my week would go. I am at this Walmart because I am looking for anything that I can use as a tool and use in the future. I was imagining this being an easy trip assuming that my house is a couple blocks away, but obviously this is not quick nor easy. Nothing is quick or easy in this world anymore.

This monster here is probably the most ferocious, devious, most horrible thing I have ever encountered in my journey so far. Uh oh, the monster is pounding on the roof and it’s about to break like thin ice. KA BOOM the monster's fists finally went through the roof and I tripped and fell backwards. I think it's time to stop being this monster dummy. I think it's time to fight back. I grabbed my crowbar, went to my feet and dust myself off. I hype myself up and I go in for it.  “AHHH” 

I scream as I run up its tail onto its back and start going crazy on its head. The monster shakes me off his head and I get thrown in a ball pit that is super convenient for when you get thrown off of monsters heads. The monster turns and we make eye contact. He starts inching closer until I wake up and start running through the isles with the monster close behind me. Then the worst thing happens. I ran into a dead end and the monster came real close to my face. I could see his thick green saliva running down his mouth. He continues to scan me, blowing me back a little every time I exhale and his breath is absolutely repulsive, disgusting, offensive, and nauseating. I then get a good look at his face and I realize he is really ugly. Just then I can see a smile creep around this monster's face, a sinister one. A sinister smile that says I am a great villain, a great evil, and a great monster inflicting pain into your little body. He then takes one last good look before and you guessed he lets out the most deafening roar I have ever heard and could probably be heard across the ocean. The worst part, of course, is its breath. Allow me to explain or try to explain how sickening, revolting, nauseating, off putting, stomach turning, stomach churning breath this creature had. Its breath was as if you were to put the most foul milk and throw it into a mini fridge. Then if you were to get the expired food in the back of a sushi restaurant take it home with you and throw that into the fridge. Then get a bunch of fish and just throw that into the fridge. Lastly if you were to put animal feces and just throw all of it in the fridge. Then if you were to leave all that in the fridge for a month and come back and stick your head in there for about ten minutes. That's what the creature's breath smelled like.  I managed to get my hands off my side and I started to whack the thing until he let me go and I fell down. I then got back to my feet and made a run for it out the exit. I ran and I ran for a couple blocks until I finally reached my house. I went straight to the couch and lied down on it to catch my breath. After a few more moments my eyelids suddenly got heavier and heavier and I eventually fell asleep.


 I eventually woke up and I took a look at the clock and it was 8 A.M. I layed back down and just stared at the ceiling for a bit and eventually got up. I looked around the house trying to find something to eat but I realized there wasn't much left. So that can only mean one thing: I had to go back to a Walmart and get something to eat. On my way there I remember to be wary of my surroundings and to always be sure that I'm not getting snuck up on. I eventually got to the Walmart and surprisingly it was in good condition compared to the other ones around that area. I crawled inside through a crack on the glass door that was made and started to walk around. I then realized that I have never been to this Walmart  before, so I started to walk around and explore the place that I have just found. First I went to the food aisles because I was really hungry. I went to the first aisle and tried to read what aisle it was but the sign was all covered by some mysterious stuff. I went on and I picked up peanut butter chocolate protein granola bars and started snacking on some and took a few boxes and put them in my shopping cart. Then I went to the next few aisle and found some refrigerated food but they were starting to grow mold so quickly went by all of them. Next I went to the bakery and it reeked of vinegar and beer so I made my trip short and walked right by it and it was on to the next aisle. The next aisle I came across a bunch of powders like tea, ice tea, kool-aid and things of that sort. My face lit up with joy when I saw the big tub of kool-aid and couldn't help myself and I grabbed a water bottle and poured some kool-aid in there. I then took a big fat sip and it was delicious . I looked for some big tub of kool-aid but I couldn't find any, just the small tubs and small packets, so I threw them into my shopping cart and went to the next aisle. The next aisle had a ton of drinks like sprite, MT Dew, Coca Cola, Pepsi, and water. I grabbed a few cases of water and grabbed a couple of liters of Sprite and Coca Cola. My shopping cart was half way full so I decided to look for some more things and went to the other side of the Walmart. I got to the first aisle and got like 300 plates so I could eat my meals on it, and I also got a bunch of napkins and utensils. I then got some bread tortillas and bagels. Lastly to end my trip I looked around for some stuff that would heat up easily but unfortunately I couldn't find any, so I started my way back home.

As I'm walking through the junk food aisle a creature slams its hand through the roof and the ceiling collapses around me as I dart for the exit. As I'm running through the aisle I grab some oreos and cheetos to eat while I'm on the run. I burst through the front door and I dash past a crumbled car and through plenty of yards, and slide under a caved-in porch of a house. I waited there for a minute and remembered I have a camera in my backpack so I pulled it out and took a picture of the beast. At that moment I decided to take a picture of every single new beast that I come across so later I can study their movements, weaknesses, and attacks. I should give every animal a name but i dont know what to name this one. What to call a monster so horrifying that it makes my stomach turn everytime i look at it. The beast then roars that sound like arrrrrrrr kind of how pirates do it. Suddenly there is a loud bang like a wrecking ball crashing into a building. The Walmart is crumbling collapsing as the arghd punches every wall it comes across. When the smoke clears I see the monster for the first time upright standing tall on its legs as thick as Mexican Cypress tree a monumental terror I see Arghd for the first time. Arghd lowers his nose to the ground and sniffs . He lifts up a car and peeks underneath and in that moment I realized arhd is on the hunt looking for me. He scans over the destroyed surroundings and looks in my direction for a little bit longer than I would've liked. He watches it for even longer and I start to question if he can see me. I slowly inch backwards into the shadows and he releases a big loud ROAR!! You could tell he has been holding that in for a while. Arghd turns around and heads  down mainstreet away from the ruins of the Walmart sniffing the ground as he goes. He's like a bloodhound and now he has my scent. I looked around to see if he was tricking me or not and hurried back home.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.