Behind The Masks Of Mardi Gras | Teen Ink

Behind The Masks Of Mardi Gras

December 21, 2018
By EllaBrodskyy, West Linn, Oregon
More by this author
EllaBrodskyy, West Linn, Oregon
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Author's note:

I have always loved writing and it has been something I go to in my free time. Although I tried a new genre I am very proud of this piece. Normally I prefer romance but I went out of my comfort zone to work on this piece/ 

My jaw hung open and I couldn’t believe who was there standing right in front of me on my front porch. I closed my eyes and gave myself a pinch to see if I would wake up from a terrible nightmare. “Georgia, it’s me open your eyes” a faint voice said to me.

I opened my eyes to see he really was in front of me, and on my porch. I was speechless, it felt as if I had a cover around my mouth and it stopped me from breathing and talking. After a few minutes of me gaping at him and him awkwardly trying to figure out what to do I regained my voice and breath. “Jason. What are you doing here? I can’t believe you are here.” I sighed.


“Sorry for the surprise Georgia. I just moved back here and I felt like it would be right if I came here to see you. Once again i’m sorry for the surprise, I can leave if you want me too” he said shyly.


I shook my head in hesitance. I didn’t know what to say, I didn’t know if I should say stay or go. I took everything new about him in. He was wearing a muscle tee allowing his toned muscles in his arms and body to be exposed. He was wearing grey shorts allowing his muscled legs to make me blush. I looked up from his new and improved breath taking body and looked at his face. His jawline was like a knife and his face was soft and sweet. His freckles matched his black hair and his green eyes stood out and his face glowed from it. It looked like he learned to ditch the glasses but with his new look he would look good with or without them. A smile cornered on my lips since I had the new hot guy feeling running through my body. I looked up to find his face wandering away awkwardly knowing what I was doing. “You don’t have to leave, come inside tell me some more about yourself and what you are doing here. Make yourself at home i’d do anything to make you feel safe in this town again.” I said.


He walked inside my house and I could hear him taking in how gorgeous it is. The house was exactly like a sorority house from any movie where rich people would live. The best thing was this sorority house was all to myself. We walked into the living room, my favorite room in the house other than my own. The walls were pink and the couches were satin with buttons on them, it looked like a room fit for a queen. Gold statues brought out the walls and the furniture covering the room. A frown formed on his face in confusion of where to sit. “Where would you like me to sit or stand I can do that too.” He sighed.


“Don’t worry about anything at all, please have a seat. Can I get you anything to drink or maybe something to eat?” I asked.


“I’m okay, thank you for offering though” he said as he placed himself uncomfortably on the couch.


His face was blank and his eyebrows were furrowed in confusion. I could tell he didn’t know how to act around me or more specific rich people. I frowned knowing he must think of me as one of those kinds of rich people that expect to be seen with the best since they are the upper class people. “So tell me about yourself, what are you doing back and for how long?”

“I graduated from college early and I decided to come stay in the old house so that is why i’m back in town. I have a degree in Finance, and went to college not too far from here. You’re probably wondering where I got the new look and the muscles, I was in the big boy frat house and they just changed me once they took me in, and nothing feels better than this”.


A smile formed on the corner of my lips and I looked into his eyes trying to find something more from him. He peered back into me as he blocked out my vision of seeing into his eyes. I looked away awkwardly unsure of what I should say next. Then I felt something grab my hand, the warmth surrounded my hand and a flush of red fell upon my face. My eyes wandered down to see his hand wrapped around mine and when I looked up eyes met mine. “I should probably get going, I have somewhere to be before the streets get closed off”

 

The corner of his lips quirked up and he began his way to the door. “I’ll see you around then” he said as he opened the door and walked out.


I sprinted from my spot to the door desperate to see his face once more. “Yes, you will! Hopefully soon.” I said awkwardly.


He turned around and gave me a full smile and then turned back to make his way farther from my home. I giddied as I shut the door excited for the next time I would see his gorgeous body again.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.