The Girl Who Cried Ugly | Teen Ink

The Girl Who Cried Ugly

July 26, 2014
By MaddyThepoet PLATINUM, Centralia, Illinois
More by this author
MaddyThepoet PLATINUM, Centralia, Illinois
20 articles 7 photos 8 comments

Author's note: This piece was written by me when I was young and I have always felt as the Character Maddy does. Creating this was my way of showing we all have role in life we just have to find it.

As I looked in the mirror, I could see the tears in my eyes, the red puffiness under my eyes, and the sorrow. I was thinking of that day, how it started.
I was walking into town. I could feel the wind blowing from the north while my hair was blowing towards the south. I felt the sun beating upon my face while the breeze cooled it. My olive skin was so pale from being in the house for too long. I looked as if I had never seen light before. My long auburn hair gleaming in the sun light while the breeze made it blow to the south. My brown eyes were covered by my sunglasses to protect them. It had seemed like such an ordinary day beside the walking part. Because I usually have a taxi pick me up and take me were I need to go, but today was different. For some odd reason I felt like walking today. The streets of England in the country, in a little place called Colored Gardens. The small little town was beautiful in every way. It had beautiful old buildings that are so unique, grasses that seem to always be green and beautiful gardens with trees and flowers. The town was very rustic, but for me, that was my favorite. There were not a lot of shops where I lived, but it had all my favorite places, the library, the farmers market, a craft shop, and my favorite of all, the health food store.
So as I was walking toward the library I saw a group of girls. They all stared at me with disgust. They don't like me because I am foreign to them. I was from the states and they hated ones who come from the US. They think that everyone there should not be able to come to the UK and take over their country by population.
After they stared at me they then said," You dumb girl! You think you are special because you have come from the US. Well I am going to tell you right now. Your hair is so frail and the ugliest I have ever seen. Your skin is so pale and ugly like a dead flower. Your shape so ugly and disturbing in every way I can see. Your voice is so disturbing and your clothes so dreadful. We don't want you here dumb girl". My lips quivered as I tried not to cry. So I put my head down and walked on to the library while the group of girls laughed.
As I walked on I kept thinking about what the girls had said. This was the first time they ever told me that. Usually when I walk by they say that I am ugly, but never did they say such mean things as this.
After I finally had gotten to the old library I stopped at the old wooden door. I started to pull on the old looking brass doorknob, but then the door swung open. I all of the sudden I was on the hard brick sidewalk lying on my back. As I looked up I saw a young man about my age, 18. He Put his hand out so that he could help me up." Oh, I am so sorry for smacking you right in the face, love", the young man said. I looked at him and saw his white skin that looked soft to the touch, his crystal blue eyes that seemed to sparkle in the sunlight, his brownish blond hair that was cut in just the right way for it to be short but still sway just a little, and his clothes were black pants, a dark blue shirt, and a black solid tie. But the thing I noticed most was is face of sympathy and concern.
“I am okay," I said. He gave me a delighted type of grin. “Well I am glad you are alright, love. My name is Frank, love, what is yours?” said the young man. “Oh, my name is Maddy; I am pleased to meet you Frank," I said. “Likewise love, well I hate to hit, meet, greet, and run but I really must go," said Frank. He gave me a dashing smile and walked away. I stared at him until he walked by the group of girls that were smiling and waving at him. I saw Frank wave back with a smile and left toward the market. I looked away and went into the library.
When I walked in I saw bookshelf beyond bookshelfs, looking forward there was a bookshelf, and towards the left was the counter to check out the books. Each bookshelf was about 10 feet tall and 16 feet long. I went up to the bookshelf that was straight in front of me. I went to my favorite spot and got a mystery book from the shelf. After I got to the counter to check out, the desk clerk looked at me with a smile. “Miss. Maddy another mystery?" said the old women desk clerk. “Yes again a mystery, Mrs. Chadam," I said. She smiled and checked my books out for me.
After I got out of the library I walked down the same route as I did before. As I approached the little cafe there was the mean girls sitting. I tried to walk faster to not encounter them again. But before I knew it I was being approached by the group of mean girls. The three girls approached me with angry faces.
“What were you talking to Frank for!” said the main mean girl. I said," I am sorry I ...I....I ". " Oh just save it, come on girls let's show this girl what happens when you mess with us," said the main mean girl. The girls threw the book and my purse into the alley by the cafe. Then she grabbed my arm and yanked my jacket off. “This is mine now you dumb girl," said the main mean girl. I saw her put on my favorite jacket that was black leather and was short cut. My eyes started to fill with tears but I kept them held back. The main mean girl let her long blond hair out of her ponytail. Her eyes sparkled just like Franks. She seemed so perfect with her blond hair and blue eyes. Her figure seemed just right and her 2 friends were almost just as beautiful as she was. I looked at their smirks and went into the alley to find the book unharmed and my purse a little wet but not by much. I looked at the dark alley way and saw how dark it had gotten. It was only five p.m. But it was darker during this time of year. So I walked towards the curb and tried to catch a taxi.

As I approached the old cottage, I saw the circle cupped shingles on the old somewhat slanted roof. The two front widows by the door had dark burgundy shutters on both sides. I got to the solid wooden steps of the old cottage and stepped on to the wooden porch that proceeded to the front screen door. I opened my purse to find my keys to unlock the door. When I finally took out my keys the door opened and a voice said," Well it is about time got here in one piece, you shouldn’t go without one of us". At that moment another man was behind him. He said," Yeah, sis, you should not be out alone when it is dark, especially". "Well I am sorry I just went to get a new book to read", I said. They both looked at me with an irritated look. “Maddy, you have got to tell us, before you leave the house. We promised mom that we would keep you safe why you lived here with us", said one of the young men.
The first young man was tall with dark brown hair and beautiful hazel eyes. His clothes were consisted of a plaid blue, light green and white shirt and a solid pair of brown paints. This young man was quite dashing, about the age of 22 and beside him was his twin brother, Jake, who looked exactly like him except for his eyes were a slight bite lighter then Blake's. So together they were my 2 older brothers Jake and Blake. They moved to the town of Colored Gardens about 2 years ago. They moved here to help with the needy children. They now run a foster home along with me. We had all wanted to do something when we were kids. We wanted to help the children that really desperately needed help. The house we owned down the street about a block is where we keep all the children. So at nights there is a watchman. So we don’t have to worry about having someone sneaking in or out.
Blake stared at me for the longest time until his mouth opened and said words I didn’t want to hear. ‘’ Maddy, did those girls pick on you again?’’, asked Blake. My head slummed all the way down, where my eyes were staring at the old wooden floor. Blake looked at me with a sorry look face and said,’’ Maddy don’t worry they just don’t have anything better to do than pick on someone’’. ‘’ Yeah, Blake is right, don’t worry about it, Maddy, it will be okay’’. I looked up at both of them with a thankful smile and went to my room. I sat down on my little clothed stool that sat in front of my mirror and makeup table. I looked in the mirror to see a girl with nothing to offer. A girl that was of disgust, that had no worth, a girl that did not have beauty within her, a worthless, an ugly, and worst looking girl that I have ever seen. That girl was me. No talent within me, nothing I can see is worth being here for. I stood up to look at the rest of my body. I could see a person that was fat and ugly.’’ Why do I have to be this way?’’ I asked myself. I sat back down and looked in the mirror once more to see a tear start to roll down my cheek. Before I knew it, I was sobbing. My eyes started to get puffy and red.
Here is what happened to me that day; nothing to serious you could say. But I felt discomfort; I knew I wasn’t pretty or beautiful. But they didn’t have to say all those things to me to my face. I am already not to found of myself already. I don’t need to be told that even more. As I got myself to stop crying for that moment I looked at my bed where I threw the book from the library on it. I went and grabbed it. Then I went into my favorite spot in my room. It was a little corner that had my favorite cushioned recliner with a small round wooden table next to it, but my favorite part is because it is right by the window. So I went over and sat in my cushioned seat. Then I opened my book and started to read.
After a while I fell asleep. So there I laid with my head on the armrest. Then I heard a voice and not really caring to what was going on I kept my eyes closed. Then I felt a warm blanket fall on cold frigid body. Then I felt two warm lips kiss my forehead, and then I heard 2 voices say,’’ I love, good night’’. Feeling the comfort of my brothers love, was just what I needed to finally fall fast asleep.

I awoke to find myself feeling disoriented and out of place. I was in my comfy chair with a blanket on me. My eyes slowly started to adapt to the room while I tried get myself up from my recliner to start my day.
When I got up I felt as if the room was spinning; my eyes would not focus on one the thing. My eyes started to hurt, so I closed them a split second.
When I opened my eyes I was upside down in my room. I was frightened to find my long auburn hair sticking straight up. While standing on the ceiling, still, I did not fall. My mind came to a wondrous state, trying to think of an explanation to such an odd thing, but my mind could not think of one. “What is going on?" I bellowed out. When I did something even more impossible happened. The oak polished hard wood floors started to swirl. It kept swirling until the floor looked as if it was funnel or a whirlpool made of wood, but the whirlpool floor turned a completely black. The black hole looked freighting to even think of looking to see what was down there.
I stood there on the ceiling trying to get myself into uncurious state, but of course I failed. My curiosity got the best of me, but before I could make my decision on how to explore this hole, gravity made the decision for me. I began to fall head forward into the black hole.
As I fell the darkness began to turn into light. The light reviled what the hole contained. I saw so many things that appeared to be floating in the air. I saw: clothing, chairs, musical instruments, shoes, phones, lamps. You name it, I saw it. I had never seen so much stuff in my life. With all the stuff floating in the air it was hard to doge some of the items. The hole I was in was made out of my wood floor while the bottom of the hole was still under a wondrous ending.
My stomach had so many butterflies in it, I almost felt sick. My head felt like all the blood in my body drained all into my head, it felt like wanted to explode. I had got myself back on my feet, so that I would be falling at least feet first instead of head first.
Slowly I started to do summer salts in the air trying getting myself feet first. At all the effort I put into it, I still could not get myself feet first; I had to think of plan B. plan B was to push off the wall of the hole to flip over to feet first.
After a couple of attempts I finally got to where I was falling feet first. I could slowly feel my blood rushing back into the rest of my body.
After about what felt like forever of falling I started to see a black and white checkered floor starting to appear. "I must see the bottom," I said to myself excitedly. I began to cross my legs in a sitting position so that I would not hurt my legs when I got to end of the hole.
As soon as I crossed my legs in sitting position I felt myself hit the bottom.

I looked around the mysterious room I had fallen into. The floor was a black and white marble checkered floor. I looked above me to see that the hole that I had fallen into was no longer there, but a white marble ceiling that was above me. My eyes widened at the sight, which I saw. My heart thumped at this discovery, wondering how in the world the ceiling had no hole, how I had gotten here, and no idea what would happen next.
I looked around to see furniture, but only three pieces of it, in large round room. The walls where marble, even the furniture. I looked straight in front of me to see a large white marble armoire in the middle of the room. On each side of it, was a small white round marble table, one on the right and one on the left.
I first went to the one on the right, to find a note lying on the table. I picked up the note in a worried state, not knowing what I was about to read. It read,” The one we seek, is one that is mild and meek. Her heart is nothing but pure. She is the one who will give us the cure. Her beauty will find its way to our heart and endeavor the mirror of truth and right. The only beauty we can see from sight. Her image will only be seen in the place called true of heart and soul. While the queens heart is made of coal. Please be ours to trueness that is in disguise. Please help us from these lies.”
I stood back, thinking of what the letter was trying to say, while I started to walk toward the other table on the left. When my eyes met with table I saw an arrow. I looked in the direction of the arrow. The arrow was pointing at another table. I jumped back, because this table had just appeared where I had landed when I arrived. The table was the same as the others.
I slowly walked up to the newly found table and saw what was lying on it. There was lying a black marble skeleton key. I picked it up and looked toward the armoire. From about six feet away I could see that the armoire had a key hole. I slowly walked toward it, hoping the newly found key would fit into the armoire key hole. As soon as I got close enough, I put the key into the key hole and turned it. To my advantage, it worked. The two doors creaked open to a black silk interior lining, with a white dress on a white hanger. On the hanger was another arrow pointing back at the mysterious appearing table. I looked back to see that no longer was the table there, but a three panel marble screen to change behind took its place. I looked back to the opened armoire to see another note on the hanger, it said,” wear me”. So I picked up the dress and went to the three paneled white marble wall.
I quickly changed into the white dress that was weirdly a perfect fit. The dress came to about below my knees. The dress was a white spaghetti strapped dress, that was fitted until it got to the waist, where it got fuller, as wide as 4½ feet. While a white silk ribbon went around the waist.
I looked at where my old clothes where laying, but they had vanished. I walked out from the three panel dressing room to face the armoire again, but this time at the button of the armoire inside, was a pair of white heels. The heels where not very high, they only had about an inch heel on them. On them was note that also said,” Wear me”. I then took off my old shoes placing them on the white marble floor and put on the new white ones. I looked back at my old ones to see that they also had vanished just like my clothes.
I looked around to see that inside the armoire was a white marble handle. I slowly turned it. It slowly creaked open. I could feel a gust of wind hit may pale face. Then I saw a place of no other, a place of wonder, a wonderland.

I could see grasses that were a perfect green, trees of every color imaginable, gardens and gardens of exotic flowers and bushes, and I could see things that I had never even seen before. I saw purple and green mushrooms that where as big as a house, I saw bugs as big as eagles and large animals as big as small animals. I could see the grass change from green to purple, to blue, to pink. My eyes opened and closed of amazement of such things.
‘’Excuse me girl, who may you be? ”said a voice. I looked around to see a young boy, which looked about 10 years old. He had hair white as snow, eyes as dark as night, and from top to bottom he wore dark red clothing.
I tilted my head just a bit to look at the adorable little kid. “Oh my name is Maddy, what is yours? “I asked. “My name is White, and I do say Maddy you are quite beautiful, may I ask you another question?’’ said the young boy. ‘’ Sure, White’ ’I said in reply. “Could you please come with me, so I can show you the beautiful pond?” the young boy said. My mind thought of many ideas what could happen, he could want to drown me, but he was a little kid. He could just want show me water or play a game or something, but my mind always went to the worst when it came to stuff like this.
“Okay, I will go with you”, I said hesitantly. The young boy smiled as he took my olive paled skin hand and walked me toward a brick path. The brick was the color of a strong brownish orange color, while the trees above us tiled in way it seemed like a roof on top of a house.
We walked for a while on the brick path, but the young boy did not say a word. The boy had me worried of why he was taking me to a pond and not only that, but I had no idea where I was at.
We finally arrived at a little pond that was surrounded by different colored rocks. The water was a crystal blue while the sun made is sparkle. The water looked so peaceful. I felt as if I could just jump right into it.
“Okay White, now will you please tell me why you took me here, please”, I said in a kind voice. The young boy looked straight at me and then said,” Look closer at the water”. So I looked closer at the water. I then heard a gasp leave the young boys lips. “What’s the matter white?” I said anxiously. ‘’ Oh my I… please my dear Maddy look at the water and tell me what is missing”, he urged. I looked closely at the water to see nothing but, then I…I, my goodness my reflection. I have no reflection!

“Why...why do I have no reflection?" I exclaimed. "Calm down child, come with me", said White. My head was trying to figure how I was the child, when he was a ten year old.
I looked into the boys dark eyes, trying to figure out what was going on. Wondering if White was devious. My mouth slowly opened to say the words that I felt I would regret," sure White, I will go with you".
It had been an hour of walking and my feet hurt so bad from the white heels that I had been told to wear, but I kept going and followed White. We then arrived to a forest. I looked at the dark view ahead of me, not knowing what I was to encounter. My legs felt as if they could wobble. The trees had no leaves, while the sky was dark, but only around the forest. The air seemed to feel hot and humid, almost like a swampy environment. I could hear crickets, birds, and wolfs. The environment was not what I was accustomed to, but I had to keep following White. I felt that there was something here that I needed to see, something that was going to help me figure out what this place was.
“We are here Miss. Maddy", said White. “Thank you, but why am I here, I don't know exactly what I am supposed to do, and I don't know where here is," I said with a questioning voice. “Oh my dear, I know why you are here, you are the one we have been waiting for," said a deep voice. I turned around to see a tall man about 20 that had purple hair, yellow eyes that looked almost like a cat's, and a big unnerving smile. He wore a black cut sleeved shirt, black jeans, purple combat boots, and he wore leather gloves with the fingers cut off of it, while there was a spike where the knuckles would be.
“Hello my pet, you must be True", said the odd man. “No, I am Maddy", I said confusingly. “Oh come now, you will be late to the party my dear, only you true, are invited to such an occasion", said the odd man. “Excuse me, but I don't exactly know who True is, and I don’t even know who you are, I said with my temper raised.” Calm down, I am Chase the man of the wild of the forest and you are our savior oh true one", said Chase." I am sure ,Chase ,she is the one, she doesn't have a reflection," said White with eagerness. “I can see it is her, she is exactly how he described. “Okay now, who is he, and what do you mean exactly how he described. I am just a girl from the US that came to the UK to help my brother with the...” I said. “Sorry dear but you have be her, we need you to be her, we are in need of you," said White. “We shall take her to the wise one and then we shall take her to the event," said Chase.
My mind was in so many different places. I kept trying to wake myself up, think that this might be a dream; maybe, just maybe I could wake up. No use, I was here it seemed like, but maybe it still was a dream. Maybe I was just deep in my sleep. I kept wondering and wondering as we walked through the forest.
We then came to a halt when Chase pointed out a mushroom. The mushroom had a door on it, just like a house. The red mushroom was as big as a house even. Chase and White knocked on the door. To my surprise someone answered. It was a man about 86, very large. He had and eye glass on one eye that was attached to a chain that was attached to his dark brown vest. He wore a brown suit pants, a white dress shirt, a brown suit jacket, and brown dress shoes. The man was carrying a book on mathematics in one hand and book on science in the other. I then spotted another hand with a book on history, another with English, another self-help book on health, and 6 other hands with different books. My eyes glared at the image I saw. White and Chase looked at me with a smirk.
“Yes what is it you want lads, I am very busy you know", said the old man. “We want to know if this girl is True", said White. “I see well first come in, I have a mirror”, said the old man.
We walked into the home that all you could see were books beyond books, there were no shelves, just stacks of books that filled the walls up to the ceiling of the mushroom house. The old man sat me down in a chair; he then took a mirror from a coffee table near me and then gasped. “It is she, True has arrived, we are saved, lads we are saved", said the old man.

My mind was in a thought of confusion and curiosity. “I am not your True person, okay, I am just a normal girl!” I yelled. “You dumb girl, you have no idea what you are, do you, I guess she is useless if she does not know who she is", said the old man. “I am useless, I don't know why I am here", I said sadly. My eyes were staring at my shoes, while my head was down. Then Chase came over to me. He took his finger and put it under my chine. He then lifted my head up slowly and looked deep into my eyes. “Don’t you know who are child", said Chase. "No, I don't know who I am, but what I do know is I am worthless and nothing to be happy about", I said softly with a tear rolling down my cheek. The old man reached into his pocket and got a handkerchief. He then caught the tears that began to roll down my cheeks. “Well my dear, before you make a stream I would at least like to introduce myself, I am professor Pillar.” said the old man kindly." It is... Nice... To... Meet you", I said trying to stop from crying. “As well as you my dear", said the Pillar. “We should get going we want to take Maddy here to the party", said Chase. “Well she is dressed for a party, just as he said she would", said Pillar.
My mind went on as we walked through the forest thinking about everyone saying things as" what he said", I didn't know what to think. Then before I could even try to think of anything else we came to a stop when we came to a gate, a sign on it said," The Mad Man". My mind became full of fear, not knowing who this man was or why we came here.
“Oh my, we have company, Bat, who is...oh my she...she is the True", said a crazy looking man. He had green eyes and a pale face. He wore black pants, red shirt, and red shoes. His hair was curly and red as fire, almost like a clown's. “Hello Mad, how are you?" asked White. “Oh the usual, White, happy one minuet, sad the next, and crazy after that, now who is this charming girl here", said Mad. Hello I am Maddy, but my I ask why you are called the Mad Man?" I asked. I held my breath not knowing if he would get angry at me for asking. His face started turning purple, then blue, then pink, and then his normal pale face appeared. “Sorry dear but I am called Mad because I am crazy, would you like to dance?" asked Mad. Before I could answer he took my hands and started dancing and spinning me around. “My dear I am too old to dance, let's jog instead", said Mad. He then took only one of my hands and started jogging in place. He then stopped and took both of my hands once again, but this time he came closer to me, and looked deep into my eyes, he stared into them until he took both of his hands and cupped then around my face. “My dear you are True indeed, you have no lies in those pretty little eyes, you are True dear, and you are True.

My eyes just stared into Mad's. I could see the fear, the joy, the sadness, and the anger all at once. No wonder he was called Mad Man, he could not find who he was or how he felt. I thought back to when I felt as he did. I remember feeling happy one minuet and sad the next. The difference was at one point I would feel fine after a while. For Mad, he never had even known what fine is, his feeling would change one after another.
"Mad, may I ask why everyone wants someone named True, because I am sorry to say, I am not True”, I tried to explain. “My dear, True is not a name of a person, it is a title, now let's jump up and down", said Mad. I laughed and jumped with him, I don't know what it was, but I felt comfortable with him. I felt as if I knew him and I felt I could relate it some ways. For him I felt pity for his condition.
“Mad would like to come with us to the Queen's? “Asked Chase. “Yes, yes, I must accompany my new friend, she is rather fun", said Mad. “Wait Queen, who is she and why must we go there? “I asked. “Oh my dear, the Queen is over all of us, but she is also the woman you must defeat", said Chase with an evil grin. “Wha...ht do you mean defeat? “I asked shyly. "Oh child, you will see why you must defeat, and why you are True. Your questions soon will be answered by a rather different exception", said White. “My White you sure use big words for a ten year old", I said. all three started to laugh." oh my child I am not ten I am 50 years of age", said White laughingly. “Well off to the Queen's then, we know for sure she is True now, she will save us", said Mad while making weird faces.
We had walked forever through the muggy looking forest, in my mind I was processing this whole situation I was in. I then remembered something that Mad said. He had said something about a Bat when I first met him. I then turned to Chase and asked what Mad meant by that. He replied, "Oh he has an imaginary mouse friend, he talks to it like a real person". “But why not call his name Mouse rather than Bat?" I asked. “Because Bat is afraid Chase will eat him if he is called Mouse", replied Mad. “Oh okay, did Bat come, I didn't quite introduce myself to him", I said. “Well Bat said hi and you said hi back so there for you have been introduced", Mad said. “Oh, well I am sorry, you must forgive my rudeness. It has been quite a day for me", I said politely. “Well bat says it is alright ", said Mad.
All I could think of was how bad I felt for Mad, until I saw something move through the trees. I could see to the right of me where I saw only darkness. I then looked to the right, but only darkness. I then made a whole circle looking for light, but only darkness. I yelled White, Chase, Mad, and even Bat's name out. I could not even see a single thing. I then felt something behind me. I then heard a soft whisper in my ear, “Welcome my sweet girl, and sleep now". I then felt something hit the back of my head. I then could feel myself drop to the dirt ground and pass out.
I awoke to find myself in a chair. I could only see darkness around me, but when I tried to move, my hands and feet would not budge. I then heard a voice from the darkness arouse," Oh my pretty little girl, who are you"? I took a gulp down my throat and tried to speak and not sound frightened," my name is Maddy what is yours"? “Well Miss. Maddy why are you here in the Queen's forest? “Asked the scary voice". I swallowed another gulp and found something inside of me, that I didn't know existed, courage. “Well I do believe you are supposed answer my question now, then I will answer yours, but I do say have you ever been taught manners? You are supposed to look at the person you are talking to, and I say you are not making good impression on your prisoner", I said with proper sound. “Well I... Very well then, lights", he commanded loudly. I then could see I was in a chair and strapped to it. The room looked midevial with swords on the walls, axes, a torture chair, and a stair case leading up. The room was dark besides the candles that where lit by what looked like servants. Each time they would light the candle I could see more and more of the torture chamber. I then could see a cell to the right of me. I saw three people that I knew, Chase, White, and Mad. I then took a deep breath and waited for my kidnapper to appear.
"Well Maddy, now that we are now properly in conversation let's talk", said the scary voice. I saw the man walk out from the shadows of the room. His boots where back with a metal gear on the back. The boots had a red heart, his pants were black while the rest of his clothing was black, but he wore red gloves and a red cape that dragged on the floor. He looked to be about 40; he had skin that looked as if he had been in a fire. I felt bad for him in a way. I then waited for him to speak.
“Well now girl, my name is Knight, I am the beautiful Queen's trusted guard, and you are trespassing on her land, now speak", said the man growlingly. “Well I came with some friends of mine to come meet the beautiful Queen, from what I hear she is undoubtedly elegant and beautiful. Who wouldn't want to meet a Queen of such beauty? Is it wrong to want to see such beauty?" I said begging. “Well I had no idea you wanted to see the Queen for her beauty, she would be delighted to meet such a wise ugly girl," said Knight. “I do have one thing I do ask of you, my friends also be released?” I asked nicely. Knight gave me a nod and directed the servants to open up the cell. The three quickly got behind me after I was released. We then followed Knight up the stair case.

We arrived in a big thrown room, where the floors were black marble as well as the walls and ceiling. The room seemed to get narrower as you reached the stage that sat on the red marble thrown chair. Behind the stage were huge windows that had red drapes. Straight down the middle of the narrow room was a red carpet that led strait to the thrown chair. In that chair sat the Queen behind a silk red canopy that you could not see through.
“Your royal highness, you have a visitor, she is here to meet the most beautiful in all the land", said Knight. “Oh I must see this ugly peasant you speak of ,it sounds wise, servants let me see the peasant", commanded the Queen. The servants pulled the silk canopy away so that she was visible. I then saw the Queen and she is not what I expected. She was the ugliest person I had ever met. She had three hairy chins, pale as could be skin, it was as white as snow, and her makeup looked as if a clown did it. Her hair was of a dirty looking green, her teeth were bucked out like a rabbit, and she was wide as a normal door. She looked to be in her 60s so her face had wrinkles, but the wrinkles were so bad she almost looked as if she was 102 and her lips where so puffed up, her red lipstick made a mustache above her lip. Her dress was completely black with long sleeves, it was so long you could not even see her feet, and she had a royal robe that was red. She then had her gold crown oh her head.
I stood back in shock of the so called beautiful Queen. “Well ugly girl I can see you are shocked at my beauty, I am the most beautiful in all the land", said the Queen. I held myself from laughing. I felt as if I could start crying it was so funny. “See your highness, she is speechless because of your beauty", said Knight. “Well I can see she is wise and because of this she must stay here for tea", commanded the Queen. “What about the others, your highness?" asked Knight. “Oh put them all to work, I have no interest in them", commanded the Queen. “As you wish your highness", said Knight. But Before Chase, White, and Mad left, Mad quickly whispered in my ear," Pretend not to be True".
Well now ugly girl we shall put you in something better, your white clothes are hideous, but I am afraid you are too fat to fit in any of my clothes, so I will get you a red robe to wear", said the Queen. I felt as if I wanted to say something because of all the nasty things she had said to me, but I kept myself calm.
“Now ugly girl, now that you are a little more properly dressed what is your name?" the Queen asked “Maddy your highness", I said. “Well Maddy, you are new here, why have you never come to see me before?" asked the Queen. “Well it is a long way from home and I finally was treated to be accompanied to show me the way here", I said. " Well I am very glad you did, it is so nice to know people that you have so much in common with, like how I know I am beautiful and you know I am beautiful", said the Queen. I smiled and thought about what Mad said and decided not to mention anything about me being this True person, even though I still did not think I was. “Now ugly girl, I am so happy you were not who we thought you were. See there is a girl who is called True, she is my worst enemy", said the Queen. “Why may I ask is she so bad?" I asked hoping to get some answers. “Well I will spare you the boring details, but she basically trying to ruin my entire life", said the Queen. Inside I was a bit irritated that I did not get an answer, but at least I knew now that Mad was telling the truth about her not liking True. “Well your highness why would you think a peasant like myself would ever be such a dreadful person as this True?" I asked. " Well when the Knight saw you in my woods he saw your white dress, I told him to take you as prisoner, because the one called True is told to wear a white dress and white shoes and you had both.", answered the Queen. My heart started to beat faster. I kept thinking to myself if I was this person that was called True, but needed to know why the Queen hated her so much and what True really meant.
" Now Maddy I think we have talked enough, I have better things to do, so you may explore the castle if you want, but if the door is locked it means ,stay out", said the Queen meanly. “Thank you your highness", I said. The Queen then got up and waddled away. I bit my lip trying not laugh at her. I then felt a tap on my shoulder and then turned around to see Mad behind me. He then took my hand and said," Let’s slow dance". Instead of pulling away I decided to dance with him. He then got closer and closer to me until his lips were close to my ear and he whispered and said," Find the key to set him free"

Mad then danced down the hallways singing", The beautiful Queen, she will sing, the beautiful Queen she will sing". I watched Mad until he reached a turn in the hallway. Then I heard a voice say", Save me". Then the voice did not say anymore. I thought to myself what Mad meant by find the key to set him free. I wondered if "him "is this same "him “that has been telling everyone who this True person would be. I kept wondering until I heard a bang sound, almost like someone kicking metal. I then started to follow the sound. Bang, bang, I kept on hearing the sound. I walked down the hallway that Mad walked down and turned the corner. But all that was there was a red door with a black heart on it. I slowly opened the door to crack it so I could see what was in the room. Then I saw what I was looking for, a black marble key laid in a shadow box on a red marble table. I looked around to see if anyone was watching me. I could see nothing and no one, so I slowly and quietly slipped through the door.
Inside was a gorgeous room, it was red marble from ceiling to floor. The room had no other colors besides black and red. The big room had a big queen size bed shaped like a heart with black bedding, and a red see through canopy that draped the bed. On the other side was a black marble makeup table with a big mirror. Then there was a tapestry with the Queen on it, which said Queen of hearts. Then lastly there was the red marble table that had the shadow box with the black marble key in it. I went to open up the box when I saw that there was a black padlock on it. “Great what am I going to do now"? I murmured to myself. I then herd the door knob start to turn I panicked, not knowing what I was going to do. I then turned to towards the bed and went to see if I could fit. It was only a second left when the rest of me was under the bed before the door opened.
The Queen walked in, or I should say waddled in. She then looked over at the shadow box and smiled and said," My King she will never come and if she does she won’t even get the chance to meet you". She then looked towards her makeup table and walked in front of the mirror to admire herself.
“Oh my goodness!" I exclaimed in my head. The queen was not her, but she was. The reflection in the mirror was of an entirely different person. She was beyond beautiful. Her blond hair was in ringlets down to her rib cage. Her eyes were of a deep blue that sparkled. Her completion was perfect. Her shape was of an hour glass. Her black dress fit her perfectly. And finally her red lips were perfectly plump and red.
I could hardly believe my eyes . The ugliest person I have ever met was the most beautiful, I have ever met.
"That little true will never come, the poor little king will just have to stay with me", said the Queen with an evil laugh. I then saw a necklace around the queens neck that looked like a key was on it, and I knew exactly what it went to, the padlock." But how do I get it off her neck?", I wondered. Then when all hope was lost the greatest thing happened, she took it off her neck. “I do think I shall take a swim in my heart pool and then tell that ugly girl she needs to leave for the night", said the Queen. She then looked around the room to see no one looking, even though no one was in there, besides me, but she didn't know that. She then looked over towards the bed that I was under. I then heard her pick something up, unzip and re-zip, then whatever it was, she laid back on the bed.
The Queen then left the room and shut the door behind her. I then herd something behind the door so I kept myself under the bed. I saw Knight walk in the door to make sure no one was in there and walked out but something dropped from under his cape, a black marble key, almost just like the one in the case. I then had a great idea, but before I could put my idea to action I need the coast to be clear. I looked to see someone's shadow standing in front of the door. I figured it was Knights.
I quietly wiggled myself out from under the bed and then looked to make sure he was not coming in. I then stood up slowly and then started looking through the pillows to see what the queen unzipped, I then found a pillow with a zipper, and it was in a shape of a black heart, like everything else. I then unzipped it to find the key on the necklace; I then slowly walked over to the red marble table. As quietly as I could I slowly unlocked the padlock and retrieved the key, I then traded out the key that knight dropped and locked the padlock. I went over to the bed and put the key necklace back where it was, putting all the pillows exactly as they were. I then herd the door knob start turn again I quickly got back under the bed before the door opened.
“I just feel like something is missing!" the Queen exclaimed in an angry tone. The queen looked over towards the shadow box to be relieved that her black marble key was still in place. “See my Queen everything is as it should be, you as Queen and the King locked up. For my Queen shell be the most high in the land of True Beauty", said Knight.

After Knight and the Queen left the room, I looked around to see if I missed anything. I looked towards the mirror to not see my reflection once again. “Why can the Queen see herself but I can't, and why is she not as she looks when I look at her? “I thought to myself. I then herd footsteps come back into the room. I didn't not know what to do; I was too far away from the bed to make a dash towards it. I then looked to the side of me. The tapestry was my only hope. Thankfully it was floor length.
“I still think something is wrong,Knight, check under the bed ", said the Queen. While the Queen and Knight looked under the bed, I stared at a wall. I then saw something of interest, a key hole. “Bingo, I thought to myself". I put the key in the hole and turned, hoping it would not make a noise as I turned it. The wall quietly was pushed forward and then went to the left.
“Knight, we have checked the bed, but the only place we haven't checked it behind the tapestry", said the Queen. My heart started pounding. I quickly jumped in the unknown room while taking the key from the hole, which made it slowly shut. Each step made by Knight and then Queen made my heart thump and felt as if it might skip a beat. As soon as I heard the feet stop moving, I could only see a crack of the Queens room left. When the tapestry was moving to the side the door was completely shut and in place. I put my ear against the wall to listen to what they were saying.
“Well my Queen, I think you are just exhausted and need to rest, you are worrying to much my lovely Queen", said Knight.
Once I heard no more conversation of what was useful I decided to start worrying about what kind of mess I had gotten myself into. I looked around to see nothing, it was completely dark. I then tried to find something with my hands. Afraid to move I slowly leaned to the side to try to feel the sides. When I reached the side all I could feel was what felt like tree roots weaving through the dirt ceiling, walls, and floors. It felt almost as if it was shaped in a tunnel. I then got down on my hands and knees and started to crawl. I felt the dirt on my hands as I crawled to an unknown place. My heart pounded not knowing what would be at the end of this dirt tunnel. All I knew is that there had to be an end, but if I would like it or not was the problem. I then felt something of metal and felt something that felt like a key hole, but I felt like something was drawing me to keep going, so I kept on crawly my way throughout the dirt tunnel.
I thought of so many things as I crawled through the tunnel. I thought of how the Queen has king-napped the King. How the King could be the "him" that was prophesying what this True person would be like, what she looked like, and what she would do. Then I thought of the crazy idea that maybe they were right, maybe I was this True, but I couldn't be. There was no way that an ugly girl like me would be such as this person as True.
At last I saw something, a light, what it led to I did not know. I started to crawl faster and faster. I then could see where I was going. When I finally had reached the end of the tunnel, but I kept myself hid, not knowing what could be in the newly found light that was coming from a big vent plate it looked like. Then I saw him, the King.
He was all tied up inside a jail cell. The poor man looked like he had been there forever almost, his royal garments had been torn, while his face was covered in dirt, but his blues eyes sparkled so much I could see them from the small tunnel I was in. He reminded me of Frank back home. The King looked to be about the age of 23, while his hair was of a light brown, and his face was pale.
I had to save him, I looked around to look for guards, but yet there was none, in fact, the only thing in that room was his cell and a door that led to who knows where. So I decided to try to get out of the tunnel and save the King. I then tried to push the vent out of the way, thankfully it was loose enough that all I had to do was push on it, but I had to push all my weight to open it with my feet. I then caught it before it could hit the floor that was about 2 feet from the tunnel to the floor. I then slowly slid down to the dirt floor. I then laid the vent cover against the dirt wall. Quietly I ran towards the cell. The poor King had his head facing the dirt floor.
I took the key I had taken from the Queen’s room to see if it would work. I then slide the key in and turned, the cell door then flew open. The King’s head then slowly moved upward utile his eyes met mine, the only word that came from his mouth was," Maddy?”
“How did you know my name?" I asked giving a shocked look. “Because my Queen you are my True", said the King with a smile. I could not move and could not speak. What was he talking about; I had never been here before. I did not know how I got here or why I was here. Then I heard a noise from the door that I had seen. “Quick we must hide in the tunnel", I demanded. I quickly untied him from the chair and threw him are over my shoulder so he could lean on me, because he was so weak. I took the key and we hurried over towards the tunnel. With all my might I tried lifting him up to the tunnel; he was weak even only two feet was hard to jump into. I tried not to notice the pain than ran through my I tired body as I helped him up. I finally did get him up there and then hopped inside myself while putting the vent thing back in place. As soon as I did I could see through the vent cover,the guards coming through the door.
“Where is the King, sound the alarm the prisoner is loose? “Exclaimed the guards. I then heard a beeping noise get louder and louder. I looked towards the King who was on his hands and knees. I knew we had to get out of there but we could not go back to the Queen’s room we surely would get caught and if we stayed there they soon would find us. I then had an idea. “Follow me King, I have an idea", I said. The king did not even try to object he simply followed me on his hands and knees." Try to feel for something metal ", I said.
After we had crawled for a long while I finally felt the metal thing I was looking for. I then grabbed the Queen’s key, and started to feel for the keys hole.
“He what!” I could hear the queen yell, from the bedroom side of the tunnel. “Well then I will just have to take care of him like I do with all of my prisoners. Now let me get my key so we can catch him, the only other way is through this tunnel. Now get the guards on both sides!" yelled the queen. We then heard the stomps of guards’ feet on both sides of the tunnel. My heart started to beat louder and louder. I then finally found the key hole.
“Hut to three four, hut two three four, charge!" yelled Knight. I had finally turned the key and saw the metal door push in and go to the left, to a room with light. “Come on King let's get out of here", I said. I first help the king down and quickly took the key and jumped down myself.
I then felt myself fall down to a floor, by the king. I saw a room that wasn't much of a room it was a closet full of what we needed exactly, the guards armor. I looked at the king and gave a big grin, as he gave me.
After about five minutes we both were in armor. I then opened the only door and peeked out. The room was the hallway close to the room I had first met the Queen. I then saw three familiar faces, Mad, Chase, and White. I signaled them to come over to me. I had the helmet on so that they could not tell who I was. “Yes sir", said the three all at once. “Please be quiet and come into the closet", I
Ordered. They slowly came into the closet with questioning faces, but as soon as I lifted up my helmet their faces lit up. “She found him", said Mad. The other two looked at him and said, “What do you mean Mad?". As soon as they said it the King raised his helmet p, hello my friends. “King", the three said quietly while all going up to hug him. “Okay I know this is a happy moment but could we please get out before we have to end it badly. They looked at me with an I am ready now attitude." Okay you three I have got a plan, would you please put some armor on and let’s go try to find the King." I said with a smile.

The five were in line with the rest of the guards, trying to blend in. The poor King looked as if he had been hurt in battle as he limped and tried to keep up the act at the same time.
" You five go towards the forest and look for the prisoner, you five go towards the front of the castle, and the rest of you don't let a single inch around the castle be escapable!" yelled Knight. The five of us where sent to guard the front of the castle. This was not what I would have liked to have been part of, so plan B had to take place. The five of us could not move from our posts so we need a distraction, and we had just the Mad Man to do it.
We all huddled together so that Mad could try to get out of his guard attire, but we were told to stay in poison. Great plan C, still use Mad, but not as I thought. “Mad, ants", I said in a whisper. Then suddenly a shriek from the mouth of Mad. Everyone tilled their heads. Then they heard the word ants, they all started to jump up and down and scream. The entire army started to scream yelling ants and stopping on the ground. They all scattered everywhere.
The five us scattered to the woods in another direction of the other guards, so they had no idea where we were or could hear us. “Okay now that we are out of there, someone please tell me where we need to go?" I asked with deep breaths. The King pointed towards the north. “Follow me please", said the King with an exhausted voice. "Please forgive me King, but should we take off the guard uniforms so that we can walk better?" I questioned. The King nodded, we then all took off out guard uniforms and found a place to hide them.
We had been walking for hours and the King was getting so week he was tumbling as he walked. " Excuse me your majesty, but I see a cave looking thing over there ,do you think we should stop there so that you can rest, you need more strength", I stated. “Why you certainly are the True, my Maddy", stated King as his direction was pointing towards the cave. I kept to myself, but I felt a little bit worried of how this King I never met nor heard of was calling me his Maddy. “I will get firewood ", said Chase.” I will look for some type of food and water", stated White. “I will dance, while making a cozy home", said Mad with a happy attitude. “I will help the king, if that is alright with you your majesty, I am not much help as far as that", I stated. The King gave me a corky smile and said," My Queen you just saved me from the Queen of Hearts, I think you are capable of a lot more then tending to help me sit down." said the King with a surprised look on his face. “Well I thank you for your kindness King, but I am nothing special, but I do think you have got to get some rest. The King then stared into my eyes as I did his, then he said," You are so beautiful and you can't even see it.
We had all been asleep for about 8 hours, the sun was rising and I could hear the sounds of the wild fill the air. I went outside of the cave and found a big rock to climb up on so that I was about 4 feet off the ground. I then sat on the rock watching the sun rise, while the air flew from the north, making my hair sway to the south.
“Excuse me, my dear my I join you? “Said a voice from behind me. I looked around to see it was the King. “Sure, do you need help up? “I asked. “No, I think I might manage this time, Maddy”, said the King in response.
After the king had gotten up on the rock with me I looked at him with a questioning face. “You have questions don't you my dear?" the King asked. “I do and I haven't been able to get a straight answer from anyone", I stated. “Well my Queen you are smart, don't you think you can figure it out?” he questioned with a knowing look. “How many times do I have to explain myself, I am useless, I am not smart, and I am certainly no Queen", I said with an irritated tone. "Oh I do wish I could tell you my Queen, but this is something you must figure out yourself my dear. You are the answer, but you do not see it. You are the question, but you do not answer. You have the words inside, but your mouth will not open. You have what is right, but you choose to overlook the truth. I am sorry, but for now that is all I can say my dear. But know this my Queen, you will learn from yourself to what and who True is, but I can tell you now, you are not True", said the King. “Thank you, finally someone believes me; I knew I wasn't this True, I just knew it. I am imagined this True to be brave, wise, beautiful, and kind. I am none of those things", I said with a sound of relief. “True is all those things, and we need her more than ever, since you are not True, could you help us find her?" asked the King with a hopeful look in his eyes. “I would be delighted to help, there is not much I can do, but I will do my best", I stated with a smile. The King then took my hand and kissed it very softly and said," Thank you my Queen".
We had started walking and had walked for 12 hours, taking breaks in between. The King then said as the night was falling," We are here". We all looked to see a great big castle that was 8 stories high and three times as big as the Queen of hearts.
We arrived at the gate of the castle when a guard spotted us. “Oh my king, you have been saved, you are alive!" shouted the guard. I then saw more and more guards gather around to see such a thing. They are delighted to see the King back in castle." This must be the True, it is pleaser to meet you my Queen", said the guard. "Oh I am sorry you have me mistaken, I am nothing but an ugly girl who just happened to be here", I said with a half-smile. “Oh well I am sorry, Miss. I just did not expect other women to be here with the king unless it was the True, please forgive me". “Quite alright, I... Did you call me your Queen?" I asked. Before the guard could answer a man came out of the gates that had blond hair and brown eyes. His clothing was in very fancy attire. With a butler looking outfit but in completely white. Behind the man was what looked like servants? “oh my king, you are safe please you and your party must come and clean up, you must have had a long journey", said the man.
Before I knew it I had women servants preparing a bath and asking for my clothing to clean, because of all the dirt and mud. It was an hour before I was completely clean and my hair was in a French braid that then had a big white bow in it that my hair went from there to the bottom was straight. My dress was clean as well as my shoes. I felt like a queen, being pampered. I then was sent to a room where I was to stay. When I walked in I could not believe my eyes. Everything was white as could be. If it wasn’t crystal is was diamond, if it wasn't diamond it was lace. It was absolutely beautiful. The room was high ceilings with white marble. To the ceiling, to the walls to the floor was all white marble. On the was a bed was silk white sheets and 3 pillows that was embroidered with a T, another with a Q, and another with an M. My mind rapped around the letters T, Q, M. But my mind was easily detracted by the rest of the room. There was a white see through canopy over the bed. Then there was a makeup table that was complexly marble with a crystal mirror. On the other side facing the bed was a window that was as big as the wall and as high as the ceiling. There were silk drapes and silk curtains. I went over to the large window and pulled the curtains to each side. And there was what I had wanted to see as soon as I got there, the entire view of this beautiful land. “Beautiful isn't it? “Asked a voice behind me. “My goodness you have a way of sneaking up on me, King". But I could hardly believe what the King looked like. He had been all cleaned up and was rather handsome and dashing. He gave a smile that sparkled and said, “Well my Queen have you figured anything out?" I gave him a mysterious look and answered," The letters on those pillows stand for True, Queen, and Maddy, don't they"? The King smiled again and said," I told you my Queen you are smart, but now this brings even more questions doesn't it"? I nodded. “Well you may go to the library my Queen and see if you can find anything on this True person, my assistant Lace will show you", the King said. Then the man dressed in all white appeared. And directed me to the library.
The room was filled with books beyond books, beyond books. The room was even bigger then my room and had a fire place and two chairs made of white fabric facing the fire, with small round marble tables by each one.
I looked at the shelves of books and after about 10 minutes I found a book of interest; I looked at a book that was titled" The Prophecies of True's Appearance". I picked up the book and went and sat down in the chair.
After a while of reading my head was filled with even more questions. But the sentence I read was enough to tell me who True really was.

The book read", No reflection she will see of her". I looked up from the book in shock of what I read and then to see the King looking right at me. “Now you may ask questions my Queen". “Who is True then, I can't be True, I am not pretty, I am not smart, I am not courageous, and I am not True!" I yelled. “Then I can no longer answer your questions, only am I to talk to True", said the King in a calm voice. I looked at him with an evil eye and shut the book and stomped out of the room.
I went into my room again to find White looking around my room. “Oh there you are Maddy, I was wondering if you would like to go for a walk again?" asked White. “Sure why not", I answered. White then directed the path to a big room that was white marble from ceiling to floor as the whole castle seemed to be, there then was two French doors that lead to a huge gorgeous balcony. I walked over to the French doors and the servants then opened the doors. I said thank you and then walked on the marble balcony floor. The front of it had a railing like pillars that went all around the balcony that were also made from white marble.
I stepped out to the railing and saw the night sky and the shining moon give light to all the land. It was beautiful, I felt as if I was someone else for just the moment. I felt that I was all those things that True was, but I couldn't be True. I kept thinking about how the King kept calling me "Queen", how the pillows had T, Q, and M on them. Wondering how they knew my name before I got here. So many questions aroused in my head. Then White looked up at me with a puzzling face. I looked at him with that red outfit of his and smiled. “Why are you smiling?" asked White. “Because your red outfit just looked so good with your white hair", I said with a little giggle. “What do you mean red outfit, this outfit is black, what is red?" asked White. “What do you mean your outfit is not red and what do you mean what is red?" I asked with a worried voice. Then Chase walked up. “Chase isn't white's outfit red?" I asked. “No it is black, what is red?", said Chase in response. “Then what color is grass and leaves on trees? “I asked with a confident voice, the answer I knew. “Well the grass is white and leaves are black and white", said Chase with a puzzled look. Then I took White by the hand and had him come with me to my room. “Please look in the mirror, White”, I said. When he did, I did not see a 10 year old boy, I saw a 50 year old man that was Heavy set and bald at the top. “What is going on here?" I bellowed.
My head was spinning with even more questions. I then looked at myself in the mirror to see nothing. I was not even there; I could not see my reflection. This had to be a dream nothing was making any since.
Poor White had a terrified look on his face. “Oh I am so sorry White, I... I didn't mean to be so pushy... I am just kind of not feeling good right now...please forgive me", I said with a worried voice. “Oh my child, I understand, being fifty I know how not feeling good feels", he said walking away with a smile of sympathy. I then looked back to the mirror.
“It is hard to believe my Queen", said a voice behind me. I looked back to see the king looking straight at me. I then looked at the mirror to see nothing. My mouth dropped open to see that the King did not have a reflection himself.
“My Queen have you figured it out yet?" asked the King. “Why do you and I have no reflection, but others do... Yet they are not as I see them?" I asked with a quiet voice. “My Queen, why do you think True is called True, the True sees what a person truly is on the inside, not for what they look like on the outside", said the king. “But why can't I see you then?" I asked. “Why do you think I keep calling you my Queen?" he asked with a smile. I sat down on my bed and felt as I was going to faint", you mean that I am your Queen... As in “your" Queen"? The King nodded his head. I could feel the answer in my head trying to connect with all my questions. “My dear I would like to show you why we can't see our reflections, come with me", The King said while reaching his hand out to me. I grabbed his hand and he pulled me up off the bed. I then followed him.
Upon arriving at the library once again he had me sit in one of the white chairs. He then sat at the one across from me. “My queen doesn’t need to be worried, you will be just fine", he said with a simple smile. I looked over at him puzzled, but before I knew it the chair's arms opened up and reviled white marble clasps that secured my wrists. While something secured my ankles. I then saw the fireplace move to the right. The chair then started to move forward. I could feel myself wanting to scream, but curiosity didn't let me.
I then could see a room that was nothing but darkness as the chairs collided together and formed a love set with 2 arm rests between us. The chair then went into the dark room, while the fireplace door closed shut.
The floor kept moving us in our chairs, forwards, but I could not see a single thing. But then I felt the chairs come to a halt. Then a fire started and lights turned on. “Welcome to my private library, my Queen... This is where all your questions will be answered. Only if you are True, my True, my Queen...my Maddy", said the King with a big smile.

I started to fiddle with my fingers after the marble cuffs had gone back into the chair's arms. The king kept staring at me, waiting for an answer to his question. “Look at me in my eyes, my Queen and tell me who you are", said the King as he grabbed my hand softly and held it in his. “I ... I still don't know who I am, King, I feel that I am a nobody", I said with a sad voice. The King looked at me and then took my hand that he was holding and softly kissed it. I could feel the warmth of his lips touch my pale white skin. “Oh my Queen, if only you knew who you really are", said the King with sorry eyes. My head fell towards the floor as my hands cupped my eyes. I then felt tears making my hands wet with sadness. “Oh my Queen please don't cry, please", the King said trying to comfort me. “I am sorry but... But I just don't know. I haven't been able to find out who I am or why I am here. I don't even know where here is", I said as I was crying. “Well my dear I can at least tell you where you are at. You are in Land of Truth, but since the Queen of Hearts, it has been Land of Lies", said the King. I slowly rose my head up and felt the tears stop. “The land of Truth and the Land of Lies...lies", I said thinking about the note that I had read in the room I fell into that said, “The one we seek, is one that is mild and meek. Her heart is nothing but pure. She is the one who will give us the cure. Her beauty will find its way to our heart and endeavor the mirror of truth and right. The only beauty we can see from sight. Her image will only be seen in the place called True of Heart and Soul. While the queens heart is made of coal. Please be ours to trueness that is in disguise. Please help us from these lies.” “Lies!" I shouted. The King got a peculiar face as I kept saying lies over and over again. “You... You sent me here; I am here to set things straight with the Queen. What I do know is you are the one who sent me here, you know who I am, and you left the dress, the note, the key, and the shoes. It has always been you. You have been the answer all along. You have been showing me who True was. You have been trying to show me who I am. I am True!" I shouted. “Ah my Queen you have figured it out, at last", the King said with a smile.
"Now if I am here and you’re the King and apparently I am here because the Queen has done something, what is it?" I asked. The King looked at me with a smile", There is my True, already thinking. My Queen now your questions will have answers. As you read in my letter and have seen for yourself the Queen is mean and truly ugly on the inside. But the Queen has done far worse. A long time ago when the Land of True was actually true. It was beautiful, full of color, people were happy. But then the Queen of Hearts was angry of the Queen of Truth. She hated her, she was jealous of the Queen of Truths beauty and her right to rule. So the Queen of Hearts found a way to get rid of the Queen of Truth, but before the Queen was taken away from the Land of Truth she always would say she was not the only True Queen that would ever walk these lands. But when the Queen of Truth left everything was different, the only colors were black and white, people started to look more and more different. This is why White and Chase did not see that his garment was red, they can only see black and white. You see what something once was. Everyone even forgot what colors were. But it was said that two people would see the truth. The one called True and the one called King of Truth. They would see what is true, they would not see their own reflection or anyone else, they would only see people as others would if they were looking at their reflection as you saw with the queen and with White, the True would be a girl that was beautiful, bright, brave, and beautiful on the inside. She would come wearing a white dress and white shoes. The King was to be handsome on the inside and out, brave, and bright. When I found you I needed to have you come, because for the Land of True to become the way it was, it takes both. We must travel to the most distant parts of the Land of Truth where the Place of Truth, Heart and Soul. There is where we must be before the Queen gets there, for she is the only one who can stop us from freeing everyone, the King said. But then the King had one more thing to add," But I did not leave you the note, the key, the shoes, nor the dress. I have been locked in the Queen of Heart's castle for three years and I didn't bring you here".
I began to speak with a questioning voice, “You mean you didn't leave any of that stuff, so if you didn't, who did?" "I am not sure my Queen, but what I am sure of is our next move”, said the King with a grin on his face.
I now was outside of the castle looking up at the night sky. I was wondering what kind of world I was in, if this was a dream, why was I dreaming such a dream, and so many more questions. I then looked over at the pond that was next to the castle, it was pretty, with the white Perl looking rocks that surrounded the edge of the pond. It was absolutely soothing to see the moonlight shine and make the water sparkle. I decided I was going to look at my invisible reflection once again in the water. I had to admit not seeing my reflection was quite hard to get used to. So I looked down at the water to see nothing but darkness, except little bits of white dots, that where stars. I then saw something else that was peculiar. I saw two yellow eyes glowing. I jumped back frightened at the sight, but then my curious mind as always got the better of me. So I slowly looked forward once again to see the yellow eyes had vanished, but something else was now there. The water had flower peddles that were floating in the water, but they were formed in a message. it read", I brought you here True, I know you can save us, please, oh please help me".
I just kept staring at the flower peddle message thinking and wondering how anybody was able to keep flower peddles close enough together to form a message and as fast as 25 seconds. I then also wondered how a reflection of yellow eyes were staring at me, I remembered how I could see only hair color and eye color of someone in a reflection, but yet everything else was black and white. I then looked around to see if anyone was there, but no one in sight. I then looked over at the message once again, to see it was still there. I then heard a voice call my name and then I could hear the hustling of grass move. I turned around to see the King looking straight at me with his beautiful eyes shining in the moon light. I then looked back at the pound to see the message had vanished.

The King and I walked back to the castle as I kept quiet about the message and the yellow eyes. I felt inside that, that message was for me and me only. On the other hand it could be someone trying to scare me out of saving the Land of True.
The King then stopped by a bench in front of the castle, the bench was made out of white marble and when we sat on it I felt the bitter cold from the marble. The King then took my hands and held them tight. “Oh my queen, I beg you please don't leave, we need you", said the King with a soft worried voice. “Why would I leave?" I questioned. “I can see it in your eyes something is bothering you, I figured that you worried something might happen, and that you would want to leave." said the King. “Oh no nothing like that, it is just I still have so many questions that haven't been answered, but in my mind I know them... I know the answer, but I can't seem remember, nor why I know the answer", I said with a questioning voice. " Oh my dear, you do know all your answers, you just don't remember, but you will, my dear...you will", said the King as he arose from the bench and kneeled down do my level and kissed my hand", Good night my Queen, I shall have my twin men come and escort you back to your room.
Two men then came up that looked as exactly alike, the men where tall, with dark brown hair, and beautiful hazel eyes. The thing that shocked me is they reminded me of my twin brothers, yet my brothers never liked wearing white pants, I giggle at the thought.
"Hello my name is Toat and this is my twin brother Lee", said the first twin. They looked to be about 22 as were my twin brothers. “We shall be your body guards your Trueness", said the Lee. I started to giggle and they both gave a confused look at me then at each other.
“Do you think we can't protect you your Trueness", said both of them at the same time. “No, that is not it at all, you two just remind me of two people I really miss back home and love very much", I said with a smile. “Well in that case your Trueness right this way", they both said as they got on each side of me and held out their hand. I smiled and had them take me to my room.
"I will see you in the morning my Queen", said the King as we walked away. I gave him a smile and then walked into the castle, but as I walked into the castle I saw mirror at the entrance, and there I saw yellow glowing eyes staring right at me.
Frightened at the sight I saw in the mirror I stopped, while the twins where still walking. They then stopped as my feet did not move and they were hooked by my arms. They then looked at me and stared, yet I did nothing back, didn’t even look at them.
I could see in the corner of my eyes that they were confused as to my stopping with really no explanation. I thought to myself what I should do. If I should say anything or rather keep quiet and make up an excuse as to my abrupt stop. I decided to go with the second one. “I am so sorry, I just had thought I saw something, I must be tired", I said while I had a fake grin on my face.
The twins both looked at me and then shrugged their shoulders. “Most likely", they both said as they kept walking and grabbing my hands. we then walked to my room finally, they both stopped in front of my door and then Toat stayed with me at the door while Lee went into my room to apparently check to see if anyone was hiding in there. I sort of felt special I had to admit. The fact I had a beautiful room, body guards, and a handsome King. It was kind of nice even if it was probably a dream. But I figured at least the dream would be nice, rather than a nightmare.
Lee then came back to my bed room entrance and had me walk into my room. They both kissed my hand; Lee kissed my right as Toat kissed my left. They both then said goodnight as well as I, then I shut the door.
I went over to change into a night gown that the servants had put inside the wardrobe. I then went and sat at the makeup table and looked at the mirror to see my invisible reflection.
I picked up the hair brush that had been left for me; I undid my hair out of its French braid and then brushed out all the tangles. I laid my hair brush down and looked at the mirror, waiting for yellow eyes to stare back at me, but this time there was something else of interest, a face. The glowing yellow eyes now had a face to go with it. I looked at the face to see it had color rather than just the eyes. There was a girl with brown eyes and olive skin, and lips pretty pink. I could not tell any more about the face, but what I could tell is that it was a she.
There was knocking at the door, keeping my eyes focused at the face I said come in. But blinked for about 5 seconds and saw that the face had vanished. I then turned to see the King looking at me. “You saw something didn’t you, what did you see my Queen?" asked the King with eagerness.
"Oh King I umm, I am sorry why did you knock?” I questioned trying to steer away from his question. “Well I just was coming to see if you were okay, the twins said you just stopped for no reason when walking in the entrance of the castle”,said the king with concern. "Oh it is nothing, like I told them I am tired and I need some sleep so if you don’t mind I would like to retire to bed please", I said with a sweet but flustered tone, while being pleased he wasn't asking about the mirror thing. “I see, well I am sorry to disturb you I shall leave you to your dreams", said the King with a sad look on his face as he turned to face the door.
Before he shut it behind him I said, “King!". “Yes", the King answered with a happy glow in his voice. “Thanks for worrying about me", I said with a sweet smile on my face. he then looked over at me with a smile", My pleasure my Queen, sweet dreams". I smiled once again as he shut the door. My eyes then fell closed to a deep sleep of dreams.
in my dream I could hear voice calling my name," Maddy...Maddy... oh True Maddy... please save me... please save me", I looked all around to see nothing until I looked above, I could see a light. The light kept getting brighter and brighter until it fell to the floor of what was an empty dream of darkness. The light then went dim to a complete black. I could not even see it anymore. Then I saw the dark image explode with light. A light of an answer I now knew.

I could only stare at the light that turned into a blue flame. The flame then slowly lite my dark dreams into a room that was white. I could not tell the difference from the walls, the ceiling, or the floor. I then saw another light that beamed to reveal a girl. The girl was beautiful in appearance, she was about 5'6, wearing an all-white dress that came to the floor, with long auburn hair that stopped at her thigh that was in a French braid, she had moist red lips, and eyes that glowed yellow. Her olive skin began to brighten and glow as her lips began to move to say these words," I am the first Queen of Truth; my name is unknown to all in the land. Even the new King does not even know. I know you are filled with questions. They will be answered in time. What you do need to know is that I will help you in this journey to freeing all in the land and me. Once I am set free you no longer will worry. The Queen has trapped me inside reflections; this is the only way I can communicate with you and you only. I can talk to you in your dreams, but this is all I can do. You need to be brave oh one called True for time is coming to take my land back, to prevail peace to it. It is I that left the message in the pound, and I who has glowing eyes in the mirror. I shall help you on your journey".
I did not say a word, but listened and watched as the girl began to disappear before me. As soon as her lips closed I heard her say," Do not speak a word to anyone about this". Then there was flash of light and I was left in darkness.
I awoke to find it a lovely morning. I got dressed in a white dress and white shoes, and the servant girls fixed my hair once again. I then walked to the dining room to see a long white marble table with two chairs one on one side and one on the other. The twins where waiting by my seat to pull my chair out for me. I looked up at the ceiling to see it was crystal. The sun beamed down and warmed the room and also gave it light.
“Please sit Miss. True", said Lee and Toat at the same time. I smiled and sat in the chair. They then both snapped their fingers as servants came bringing food to the table. The King across from the table smiled at me and said good morning. Then all the servants began to dance and sing for it was the first morning they had their king home for three years. I got up and began to dance with the twins, then Chase, then White, and then Mad, and then the King grabbed my hand to dance with me.
He smiled as he spinned me around. He then began to say something when we all heard a big thud coming from outside. We then heard a voice that was not pleasant to any of our hears. The Queen of Hearts.
The sound of the evil voice creeped down my spine, as electricity that made my heart start to beat exceedingly. The sound of her yell sound vibrant to the walls of the castle. The crystal glass roof seemed to shake.
“Come my Queen we must go through my secret escape route!" the King said in my ear with a worry tone of excitement. The King then grabbed my hand and headed for the hallway. We then turned to the left to another hall, then right to another. We finally arrived at a dead end. All that was there was a large mirror. The king pressed his body against the mirror, and then it pivoted to the right so that there was enough room for the king and me to get through.
"What about the others!" I yelled frightened. “Please my Queen, please trust that they will be okay", the King said calmly to keep me calm. I took a deep breath and nodded. I was afraid to leave the others, but I knew that the King was right; at least I hope he was.
We seemed to walk forever through this dark tunnel. I couldn’t help but feel like there were way too many dark tunnels in the Land of True Beauty. But more so all I could think about was the others. Even though I had not known any of them for very long, I felt close to them, almost as if I had known them my whole life. I felt as if they were my family. I didn’t know what to feel except, frightened, but the thing that kept me from totally collapsing and bursting into tears was the King. The whole time he had held my hand even to this moment. He kept me calm, and safe. I felt as if I knew him too, just as the others, as if I had known them my entire life.
The king looked over at me with a smile, but on the inside I knew he was frightened as well. The king suddenly stopped. I looked around to see we had a dead end of a big bush. The King then pushed the bush to the side and what it revealed was far more beautiful than I had ever seen.

I stepped out to a ray of sunshine. The flowers that surrounded me were full of bright colors that made your eyes lighten with awe. The ground was a deep green of plentiful grass. Felids and felids of flowers covered the grounds. To the right was a water fall. You could see way at the top about 50 feet high was where the water started to fall. You then could see the water fall though the rocks tell it got the bottom that formed a magnificent crystal clear blue pound that streamed out through to form rivers and streams. The sound of the water calmed me even more to where I felt as if I could close my eyes without a worry in the world.
“This water fall connects to ever source of water in the Land of Beauty", said the King with a calm peaceful voice. I looked over at him to see his eyes sparkle with the casting of the sun that glared at the water. “We must get to the top of the waterfall that is where we must save the people ", said the King with now a courageous voice. I gave him a look that gave him the impression of, '' Do I really have to climb all the way up there''. “Don’t worry my Queen we will be fine, we must get there before the Queen does or she will keep us from ever bring beauty back to this land", said the King as he grabbed my hand and started running towards the waterfall.
We finally got the waterfall. I then saw something that I didn’t see there before, a flight of stairs. with every step I took with every breath I had I could feel something about to happen, I wasn’t sure if it was good or bad, what I could feel was that I didn’t know all I needed to.
As the King and I climbed and climbed to get to the top of the 50 foot tall waterfall. But along the way I had questions that needed to be answered. So I finally spoke up," Okay King I need to know what I am doing climbing the stairs, besides getting a good workout I don’t see the point of this". The King stopped for a moment as his slumped over I could tell he was about to reveal what I have been waiting for. “My Queen you and I have a special power to create life to this world as it once was filled with it. This water as I told you is connected to ever water source. This water is duel, not in your eyes but it is in everyone else’s. Our power by jumping inside of this water will create enough power to bring life back, but if the Queen of Hearts jumps first then this world will live in darkness forever", said the King. “But why haven’t you taken me there sooner or why haven't you done it already, why hasn't she jumped before I got here?" my Queen, because there is only one day, one time, one moment that this power can form and that day is today one the full moon rises and you can hear every animal and person sing there song of beauty. That is when we have to jump and that is when we will", said the King. “What about the other queen, the Queen of Truth, if she is trapped then where will she be?" I asked. “Only the Queen knows, not even the Queen of Hearts knows where she is. When the Queen of Hearts kidnapped her she threw her into the waterfall on a very special night, the night of tonight 30 years ago. The Queen then fell to the bottom and disappeared. Before she fell to the bottom she said that 30 years from now at this time will be the day of life", said the King. I was silent, did not know what to say, but now I knew what I had to do, I had to save this world.

I could see a blue sky while the sun glared in my eyes as it was falling. The King then started to look around the rocks looking for something I wasn’t sure what, but I had a pretty good feeling was an entrance. I looked around to see a rock with a symbol that looked like it was water. “Hey King could you help me move this rock?" I said with a loud voice. The King then came over and helped me move the rock over. We then could see yet another dark tunnel, but this one looked like a slide. I jumped down first. The King tried to hold me back so I wouldn’t get hurt but I decided I wanted to be adventurous for the day. If I was going to try to save the world then I was going to do it with adventure.
At that moment I felt what I have never felt. The since of adventure, the feeling of rush, the feeling mystery, the feeling of being important. It was such a strong feeling that I had to close my eyes for that moment to see if it was real, and when I opened I was still there.
When we got to the bottom of the slide tunnel I saw a room that was all rock caves except the pool of water that then seemed to fall into the starting of the waterfall. Above us was a hole that I could see the moon coming over it.
“Well, if it isn’t our prisoner and the ugly girl", said the voice of non-other than the evil Queen of Hearts. The King and I turned to see the Queen had been following us while her guards had Chase, White, Mad, Toat, and Lee chained up along with them. “Don’t mind your friends they will die along with the rest of you, but my King I will give you one last chance. Come with me and rule this kingdom with me" said the evil Queen. “Never will I turn my back on this land for what you call truth, what you are is a lie, a big fat ugly lie", said the King with the most serious face I had ever seen on him.
The Queen chained the King and Me up so that we could not jump into the water. She then was standing right to the foot of the edge of the pool of water waiting for that right moment to jump. I closed my eyes trying to find an answer to get out of the chains, but had nothing. I then saw the same women in the reflection of the water. I then could see what I didn’t see before. My hands felt strong, my brain felt power, my legs felt strong, but most of all myself, I felt me, the true me. I stood up from the corner that the Queen had shoved us into. The Queen gave me a curious look and said," Why are you standing you ugly child, the only reason you are still alive is that I want you all to witness the day the darkness came to stay. You are such a pathetic, ugly, worthless girl. I don’t even understand why you are True, you are nothing special". I took a deep breath and then my mouth opened," See that is where you are wrong Queen of Hearts. See I look like all those things that you just told me, I even agree with you, but you have no power at all". “Oh you silly ugly girl I am way more powerful then you are", said the Queen with a laughing voice. I then spoke again," True you have more power, but it is the wrong kind. The Queen of Hearts guards, what does the Queen do for you"? The guards then looked around and then shrugged their shoulders. “Exactly, this Queen makes you do everything for her, but she does nothing for you. I bet she has never once said thank you that she never has asked nicely to you, that she never even asked how you were doing, "'I said with a questioning voice. The guards seemed to look puzzled; they then all looked at one another. They then went over to the Queen and grabbed her, then other guards unlocked the others and I from the chains.
“Wait I don’t understand why are you letting them go, let go of me you ugly worthless things" yelled the Queen? “See the thing is Queen of Hearts is real power is the power of truth, the power of what is right. You have never told the truth, because of this your own lies; your own people now will turn against you. The truth is the only power needed to rule. “No, no", yelled the Queen!
The King and I then both came to the edge of the pool of water and looked up. “Now "I asked? “Now" he said as we held each other’s hand and plunged into the water.
The water then lite up ,the King let go of my hand as the water picked me up. The water then formed a person. All I could see was the person I had seen in my dreams and in reflections. Then the reflection started to speak," I am the Queen of the Land of True and I have been waiting so long to be free from reflection. I now can be free from being locked away inside”. The Queen then rose up and became a real person that stood on the cave ground.
I looked up at the Queen and she looked at me. She then spoke the words I did not think would come out of her mouth," Oh my True I have been in you, I have been hidden inside of you, because I am you. I am the courage that you have locked away. You are the Queen you always have been. You fell in that pool 30 years ago, you left all those clues, you foretold what would happen, because when you fell you fell into another world and forgot who you are. You forgot the girl you truly are. You are the Queen of Truth. What has been locked up here was your memory, your courage, you truth.
I could feel her words fill m brain with memories. I could remember when the Queen pushed me into the water. I could even fill the water fill my lungs where I could not breathe. I remembered the darkness that came upon me. I remembered making those notes for me to find. It was all me. I did this; I was the Queen of Truth. I then got out of the pool of water and then touched the image; I could see the figure of me turn into a light that I seemed to absorb. I then closed my eyes as I stepped into the pool of water. The energy I absorbed filled the water. The entire pool lite up, then every little bit of water seemed to get brighter and brighter until we could not see anything but light. Then the light turned to a glow.
We then all climbed up to the top of the waterfall through the tunnel slide. What we saw was what the King and I could see all along, but for the others it was like a whole new world.
I looked down to see a puddle of water, but what I saw in it was what I couldn't see before, my reflection. I started to cry, my tears seemed to glow as they fell into the puddle. The King then came over to me to see what the matter was." I am sorry I just I can’t believe that this place is real, that am a Queen, that this is my reflection, and that who I am is something..." I said without finishing. The King then finished for," Truly beautiful". He smiled at me as he then took my hand and held it. We both walked up towards the others and looked out at the horizon to see the beauty, to see the others reaction to what each other really looked like. The king and I both smiled at each other, but then the king leaned over and kissed me on the cheek. I felt my face go to a complete red with a smile that then covered my face.
I then looked over at him and asked," Did you know who I really was and if so how is it that it is 30 years later when I am not even in my thirties"? “Because my Queen you have been gone for 30 years, you came here when you were 12, it has been 30 years here, but in the other world it hasn’t been as long." “But which world is real?" I asked. “You will have to figure that one out yourself my Queen. The only way to get to the other world is by jumping off of this waterfall or you cans stay here. You should know that I will take care of this land and we will be happy to see you when you return". I gave him a great big smile and started to cry," I will miss you my King". I then hugged him tightly not wanting to let go. “Please forgive me, but my brothers are there, I have family I miss so much", I said while crying. Then Chase came up to me and hugged me as well as White and Mad. "We will miss you True", said Chase and White as they hugged me and stepped back. Then Mad came up to me and said," Your mission is complete the words I speak are unique, but our love for you, our True is more precious than all the color in the world. I have a crazy idea lets have one last dance," he then started to dance around happily. I couldn’t help but laugh. “There is our True that happy truth", said Mad. I gave him big huge.
Then Toat and Lee came and hugged me and wouldn’t let go. I hugged them both back as hard as I could not wanting to let go either. Then the King came back to me. “Here true I want you to have this, it was yours when you were here before. You gave it to me to remember you by, but I want you to have it to remember me". The King then gave me a necklace that was sterling silver that in the middle was a metal mirror, inscribed was he words" True Beauty". I smiled as he then put it around my neck. “But how will I come back"? “Only you know my Queen", said the King as he kissed my other cheek. I then gave a big smile and looked over to the edge of the waterfall. Took a deep breathe and jumped.
I awoke curled up in the corner of the library with a book in my lap titled "The Mystery of Alice and Wonderland". I started to giggle at what just happened. I started reading a book and then dreamed about it in my own version. I couldn’t help but smile to think it was actually real. I looked down to see if the necklace was hanging from neck that the King gave me, but it wasn’t there. It made laugh again.
I then put the book back and said bye to the librarian and left the library. I went over by the cafe to have some tea and maybe a sandwich, I felt a little hungry. I mean I did save the entire world in my dream I thought jokingly. I then saw the same mean girls sitting at the outside tables. “Oh look what I found girls, Miss. Ugly", said the main mean girl. I looked over to see that Frank was sitting at another table reading a book. “Well do you have anything to say for yourself fat and ugly", said the main mean girl. “Yes I do, I feel so bad that never even got you and your friends names. Mine is Maddy and yours?" I asked. With a confused look she answered and said, well I am umm Trish, and this is Lucy and Kate". Well it is nice to meet you three", I said. “Why are you being so nice to us", said Trish the main mean girl. " Because if I was mean and rude back I would be just as bad as you, because I may not be beautiful on the outside, but from what I have seen your beauty is rather beautiful, but it is a lie? The inside of you seems to scream for true beauty, but all you do is punishing others for it. My words that I speak are not to make you angry, but to help you see that you yourself is what is making you turn into what is ugly, not me. I may be an American, but I am still human, I still have feelings, and I still have the right to live here. So if you don’t mind I would like to enjoy a peaceful lunch without harsh comments about me being ugly because all you do is weaken your beauty" I said with a very calm and kind voice.
The three girls just sat there speechless, all I could think of was, this was the first. I then walked into the cafe and started to order I then felt a tap on my shoulder. “Excuse me but Maddy you have to be bravest girl I have ever met. Every American girl that comes around these parts end up being broken hearted by those girls out there. But you you’re different. Could I umm, could I buy you lunch?" said Frank. "Sure I guess", I said.
We then both sat outside and began talking about a book we recently read and then he dug something out of his pocket. “Here I just bought this book and there was this necklace that came with it, I have no need for it, but it reminds me of you". He then handed over a necklace with metal mirror and on it said ' True Beauty'. Then Frank looked at me and looked deep into my eyes and said," This is for you my Queen".



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.