Anxiety Attack | Teen Ink

Anxiety Attack

By Luiz. GOLD, Tirana, Other
Luiz. GOLD, Tirana, Other

Fake Snake uuhh, Fake Snake Yahh- Lil Gega

My friend Endri owns a apartment in Vlore, a place 3 hours away from Tirana. Endri had an idea that we go to his house there and sleep for a night because we wanted to have some fun. We had a plan, we would stay up all night. I agreed to his plan and hours later we were on our way to Vlore. After arriving, Endri sent me to a restaurant that his dad owns and we had lunch there. Later, he wanted to show me around the city and we were driving and he was showing me all of the places around Vlore.

After we hung out for the whole day, we went to his house and we started playing videogames on his Playstation. After his dad went to sleep we went to the living room and we were staying on our phones and talking about everyone that we know. After a few hours of chatting I started to get very sleepy and decided to close my eyes for a second and I ended up falling asleep. But my friend didn’t know that I was asleep but when he realized he woke me up and told me that we should move to the bedroom and get some sleep. I agreed and we both went in the room. My friend passed out instantly while I wasn’t really as sleepy as before.
When I first saw a horror movie, I got really scared of it and it was stuck in my head for a while.  I started getting a real phobia to the things that I had seen in the movie. There were demons in the movie that were stuck on my mind and couldn’t get out. At that time I always slept with the light on, because I felt as if all of the demons rose from darkness and light would keep them away. But my friend turned off the lights of the room and right there, my body just shook for a second. I didn’t want to say anything to Endri because I felt as if he would make fun of me and then the others would know of my silly fear. So I just stood there and started shaking rapidly. So much was going on through in my mind and all of the scenes from the horror movie roes back. I was so frightened, it was the most stressful moment in my life. It was the only time in my life where I thought I was actually going to die. The movie had left such a deep scar in my mind that I couldn’t stand. At that time, I started crying, but I was trying to suck it up so that Endri won’t wake up and so he doesn’t see me. I eventually came up with an excuse of turning the lights on because I wanted to stay on my phone and not sleep. But Endri refused and I didn’t want to argue with him at that time so I just turned on my phone and started watching a funny youtube video game video so that it could change my mood.

But after 4 or 5 videos on the recommended page, there was a video about a haunted insane asylum that two guys went to visit and recorded the whole thing. They were reading comments by people on the place that said that the asylum was really haunted. But the two guys were making fun of the asylum as they walked through it and they were making fun of the ghosts as well to prove that there aren’t any ghosts  because they aren’t coming out. That’s when I realized that I shouldn’t be scared of such things as well. But that night all of my anxiety stopped and I slept very well. Then when I got back home, I didn’t have any anxiety and ever since then I’ve been fine with watching horror movies.