Mrs. Bourne my favorite teacher | Teen Ink

Mrs. Bourne my favorite teacher

January 8, 2015
By VanessaB BRONZE, Coconut Creek, Florida
VanessaB BRONZE, Coconut Creek, Florida
4 articles 6 photos 3 comments

As a student I have encountered four outstand teachers that are all eligible to be awarded educator of the year, except one stands out to me the most. She was my 6th grade pre algebra teacher and my 6th and 7th grade advisor. Her name was Mrs. Bourne. Mrs. Bourne has a kind heart and is always caring to someones needs. She is helpful and a guiding hand that will comfort you if you are worried about an exam or just going in to a new grade. She will always be there for you even if you don't have her class anymore. Mrs. Bourne is the best person for the educator of the year award because she helps you after and during school if you don't understand the material that she is teaching and helps you in the nicest way possible.
When I was in 6th grade I was in Mrs. Bourne’s pre algebra class. She helped me understand the material that she was teaching when I just could not understand it. Some days when I had trouble on a problem and there was just no class time left I would be able to go after school and Mr.Bourne would teach me how to do the math problem. During my 6th and 7th grade years I had Mrs. Bourne as my advisor. She was the best advisor a student could ever encounter. When we had to do work in advisory she would make it fun and not a drag but the best part of advisory were the parties. She always made things fun and in a very creative way. At the beginning of advisory she would always ask everyone how their day was going and if it was not going well she would talk to the student to try to make things better. I am very disappointed and sad that I don't have Mrs. Bourne as an advisor or a teacher any more.
I am now in 8th grade and even though Mrs. Bourne is not my advisor or teacher I still go and see her. When I have know idea what I am supposed to do in geometry she can help me except for proofs. Mrs. Bourne is very easy to talk to which means that my friends and I can go to her and talk to her about issues about school and she cares about it and tries to fix it. If you are stressed out about a test, exam, or you had just really gotten a bad grade on an assignment she will comfort you and as how you as a student can bring up the grade or find a way to not stress out. Mrs. Bourne is one of the best teachers that I had ever had and is so nice too.
I believe that Mrs. Bourne should be nominated to be educator of the year because she is understanding and helps you in the nicest way possible. She is an outstanding teacher, fantastic  advisor, and the best teacher to talk to. Even if I have a hard time doing things in school Mrs. Bourne is here to help me especially math.