Teacher of a Lifetime | Teen Ink

Teacher of a Lifetime

May 14, 2008
By Anonymous

When I think back on all the teachers that I had elementary through grade school only one teacher really stands out in my mind Coach Edwards. He was my eighth grade science teacher and boy was I lucky to have him. Eighth grade was probably my most difficult year but having him as one of my mentors helped me a lot. He made me so nervous on my first day of school. He came off as a big bad mean teacher that if you didn’t please him you were in for a world of hurt. I think he was just trying to intimidate us into actually behaving. He was one of my best friends, anytime that I had an issue either with a teacher or a friend he would sit down and talk to me about it and help me figure out what to do. He was one of my friends but it was not beyond him to get me in trouble if I deserved it. I was talking “excessively” in class one day and he took me out in the hall and handed me a typed paragraph, which talked about behaving and not to talk in class, and made me copy it ten times as a punishment. If I ad not had him as one of my teachers I would not have been inspired to actually learn. He helped me get to where I am today and I thank him to this day!