Which Do You Choose? Life or Death? | Teen Ink

Which Do You Choose? Life or Death?

By EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia
EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

Bullying is part of our society now, and I wish it wasn't. I wish the people who are bullying or being mean could see, that it hurts more than it looks and that it's part of death.

Bullying often leads to stress; stress to depression; and depression often leading to so much hurt. To cutting or thinking about suicide or almost, committing suicide or to something that they think that can drown out the pain.

Either one, it all leads to hurt.

Hurt, hurt, hurt. I know it seems the hurt is big, but pain doesn't and will not last forever, unless you let it. Pain doesn't stay, unless you allow it too.

Whether you even speak, your actions speak too. Do you laugh, when you see someone hurt? Do take a part of it? Do you say you agree with the people, even though you don't agree in the inside?

Or do you stand by and watch it happen? Thinking that you can't do anything? Because the thing is, you can.

You don't have to speak up using your words, if you don't want too, but you can use your actions to speak.

You can do small things. Even though it may seem small, sometimes the small things lead to big things and you never know that it may seem big to someone else.

Saying a hello or smiling to someone, isn't a small thing. Helping someone isn't a small thing, either. You have the power to bring life.

When you help someone pick their stuff, you're bringing life. When you say hello to someone. When you spend time with someone who's alone. When you listen to someone. When you defend someone and stand up for them. When you believe in that person, even if they don't. When you say something nice. There are so much more that I can list, but I think ya'll know what I'm leading it up too: all goodness that we do or bring or give, leads too life and makes an impact.

So what do you choose? Do you choose to bring and give life and healing? Or do you choose to destroy and add to the sorrow and hurt and fear that is already in our world and bring and give death? Our world is afraid and hurting; our world is like a child who is lost.

What do you choose? Life or death? You have the power to choose, either one.

(A SIDE NOTE:  If someone says that you are ugly or dumb or something, they're wrong. They are absolutely wrong. You are a wonderful and amazing person, who does matters. People love you and care for you, whether you like it or don't know it. You are a beautiful and wonderful and amazing. You are you; and you being you is absolutely, amazing and beautiful and wonderful and powerful. You are talented and powerful; you have greatness in you, in all of you. You matter.)

Bullying is part of our society. We all have done it a little; whether we admit or not. Almost, everyone one of us have done it a little. Bullying is something that we can stop and change; we can. Are you willing to try to help me? 

Preferences
§
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
0
-
=
Backspace

Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]

Return

capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\

shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
,
.
/
shift

English

alt
alt

Preferences

on Oct. 12 2014 at 10:35 am

I'm so glad, you love it, Liv.Harris! :) There were a few tiny mistakes in it, haha, but I'm so glad you got the message and loved it. And I agree, with you. Bullying does need to stop; bullying hurts people more than they know. I'm glad you're a survivor, and I'm glad and honored to have met and to have such a brave and wonderful freind. :) Thank you for sharing your thoughts. :)

Olivia-Atlet ELITE, Dardenne Prairie, Missouri

"To these the past hath its phantoms,
More real than solid earth;
And to these death does not mean decay,
But only another birth"
- Isabella Banks

So Bold and amazing! I loved this so so so so so so so so so os os so so MUCH!!!!! Bullying really needs to stop, and that's coming from an almost dead survivor. Unite against bullying :)

on Oct. 1 2014 at 10:49 am

Thahnk you, iveltac. :) Thank you, so much. I agree. 

iveltac BRONZE said...
on Sep. 30 2014 at 10:37 am
iveltac BRONZE, Columbus, Kansas

To Eat Or Not To Eat

good story and your right bullying is a horrible thing which had ruined our schools

Thank you so, so much. Your comments have hlped me, a lot. :) Thank you again. ^_^

Hanban12 ELITE said...
Hanban12 ELITE, Lake Worth, Florida

"If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put foundations under them."
Henry David Thoreau

"I fell in love the way you fall asleep; slowly, and then all at once."
John Green

Very beautiful, and and very inspiring!  

on Sep. 29 2014 at 8:51 am

Oh. Thank you so much, guard-girl. I'm so glad that you loved it. Thank you so much, again. :)

guard-girl GOLD, Clover, South Carolina

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take."
Proverbs 3:5-6

Wow. That was very powerful, especially your side comments. I agree that actions can speak louder than words, and that no one will really know how much we impact each others lives. i loved it! :)