The Chess Game | Teen Ink

The Chess Game

July 25, 2013
By divisriv BRONZE, Irving, Texas
divisriv BRONZE, Irving, Texas
3 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
I'm selfish, impatient and temperamental . I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as heck don't deserve me at my best.”


Whispers go up and down the school, heading towards each nook and cranny, engulfing rumors and untruths around them. She starts the rumors taking a fact and spiraling it oh so fact, using Her hate and vengeance about Him to starting a tiny little whispers to create such a monster that no one can stop. She is the winner, the one who’s pulling all the shots, the one who who’s so close to calling this chess game to a stop. She has taken all the pawns and players in her control.
He doesn’t understand, at first he was on the other side, how did that change. He was forced to understand the true forces of human nature. He is Her opponent, so close to winning, and continues to play with only a shrivel of dignity left.
Let’s not forget about our They, shall we. They are the instigator, those who force the rumors to grow, to intensify, to become so large that only God knows how to stop them. They are the pawns. The ones that only increase our beloved Her’s power. They slowly and quietly take away from Him, leaving Him with nothing.
And I? I am the Queen, the one with so much power yet no dignity. I hold onto Him, trying to defend, but slowly slip away. I am the one bordering on the gray, not knowing where to go but slowly slipping onto the black.

The question is will this chess game stop. How will it end? Will You, a King, step up and provide the help needed to your Queen? Or will I succumb to the black? Will the pawns stop or will get stronger? Will She stop? Either way this game is coming to a stop, it’s your turn to decide; does something need to be checked or is it so far gone that we’ve reached Checkmate?


The author's comments:
A short on bulliying and the war it's became. Review please.