Anger | Teen Ink

Anger

By Laugh-it-Out PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York, New York
Laugh-it-Out PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York, New York

"Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light" --Dylan Thomas

Though the labyrinth of fear defied you and your head pounded with realization, your jawbone clenched and fingers balled into fists, a sticky mad like sugar-coated happy memories, forever gone in a forest of anger. Loathing every person who crossed your path. Scrambling to the top of the tunnel. Defying the face of angels; your devil horns become known, and an enemy maze is only there. Twisted with the hard realization, so loathsome you cower in shame. Shrouded in a mystery so heated it ceases to be a game. Like the monsters under your bed you come alive. Red and screaming to a world that hates you, forever.

Wallypenguin PLATINUM, Brunswick, Georgia

"Get thee to a nunnery!"
-Hamlet

Powerful. This is the way I feel after math.

Under-the-Rain GOLD, Chicago, Illinois

Are you ready to go to battle with your mind?- Written by me :)
Lost the battle, win the war//Bringing my sinking ship back to the shore- Paramore, Now

Every word of this poem is delicate, and omiting even one word, would make the poem incomplete. Your poem is very true.  My favorite line is, "your devil horns become known, and an enemy maze is only there."  

Under-the-Rain GOLD, Chicago, Illinois

I'm crying now.  This poem that you have made is spatacular!  I love how you ended it, with the word, "forever." I can feel the heated, tension emotion.  This poem is meant to be read fast and in a mad tone, but reading or saying this poem fast doesn't hide the hurt, anger, or anamosity of this poem.

LexusMarie PLATINUM, Las Cruces, New Mexico

The more control you have over yourself, the less control others have over you.

This is really, really strong! Very well written! I love how you used 'labyrinth' to describe how fear is a maze. The ending was great!

readaholic PLATINUM, Tomahawk, Wisconsin

I'd rather fail because I fell on my own face than fall because someone tripped me up
~Jhonen Vasquez

This is really well written.  The analogies and metaphors are powerful.  I'd almost want this to be formatted like a poem, becasue of the short idea-sentences (if that noun makes sense :S)