To the ears that never heard. | Teen Ink

To the ears that never heard.

By Abi-street GOLD, Birmingham, Other
Abi-street GOLD, Birmingham, Other

Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud. - Maya Angelou

Drip.Drop.Drip.Drop. Silence filled the empty, dead room.  Tear after tear, the room began to fill, silently shivering, the lonely soul emptied her heart. The empty room was filled by pain. All alone, she helplessly sat.
Her vacant, dark eyes searched the empty room for life. All she could find was the never ending river of useless tears she had uncontrollably shared. Her room flooded; her mind drowned.
The rain is still pounding on her cold, damp window. Drip.Drop.Drip.Drop. There’s a leak. The sound is familiar. Drip.Drop.Drip.Drop. the window is leaking like her eyes do. Those tired and dead eyes still manage to leak a meaningless liquid. Amazing.
With each tear that falls, all of her strength is drained. Gripping onto the blanket; holding onto her life.  Fingers clenched around the soft delicate blanket, her mind is somewhere else. In her mind she’s holding on to a cliff…
Her fingers are weakening, her body dangling lifeless, her energy slowly evaporating; her tired eyes weeping; her heart pounding; her fingers losing grip. The cold air is brushing against her fragile body as gravity claims her. Gone.
She didn't flinch. No muscle in her body even twitched. Blank eyes, no facial expression, lifelessly sitting as her tears rolled off her beautiful face. Her soul finally left her fragile body. No pain was felt; finally she looked at peace. Lying helplessly on her bed, the horrid world was too much. The long, hard, never-ending battle finally found its end. Quietly she left. Her silence was her loudest cry. No one heard.