Who's the Monster | Teen Ink

Who's the Monster

By xxMsUnPoPuLaRxx GOLD, Schaumburg, Illinois
xxMsUnPoPuLaRxx GOLD, Schaumburg, Illinois

She was a girl who knew how to be happy even when she was sad. And that's important. -Marilyn Monroe

Last night was one of the most terrifying nights of my life. I witnessed a phenomenon. My mind was replete with this memory which scarred my mind with terror. I was skeptical at first trying to debunk it as if it were my mind playing tricks but it seemed the other way around this sick trick was playing a game with my mind. Being credible with my in stinks I decided to tell you this story. It may seem implausible to you but I know what I saw that night.

It was about three am, also known as the witching hour. Where evil lurks in the shadows casting fear in our eyes. Closing my eyes I heard a sound. It sounded as if a child were crying. A substantial amount of crying filled my ears. I opened my eyes to see a child's hand place on the outside of my window. Being me I crept over silently peaking out the window. Forming a conjecture that it was just my imagination and seeing it as if it was fraudulent I decided to take a closer look at this "thing". That's when it all happened. I saw a child but the eyes had seemed to be missing leaving blackness which devoured my soul piece by piece. I tried to elude it's stare but it took me in deeper and deeper. After a moment I realized this wasn't any window it was a mirror. This monster was me. At one point I stopped checking for monsters under the bed after realizing these monsters were simply in my head.