Gone and Lost | Teen Ink

Gone and Lost

April 11, 2010
By Kitti-Chan PLATINUM, Wichita, Kansas
Kitti-Chan PLATINUM, Wichita, Kansas
22 articles 0 photos 12 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Accept what you can't change. Change what you can't accept."


You can never describe the feeling of utter hopelessness. Like theres water all around you and you can't swim to the top fast enough. Your heart races but your breathing won't come. Your eyes go and stay wide and blood courses your veins so fast it hurts your head. Your mind goes into instincual mode, and the first thing that comes to your mind is to get away. I can't describe perfectly and I never would have thought it was possible to feel all this at once... Then again I kept thinking what has become of me, would never happen. You hear about it all the time and you always think 'That will never be me', and next thing you know, it is.
I've lost track of the days since I've been here, I can't when all you see if the cold dark room that you are jailed to. I keep thinking he'll kill me today, in just a few hours. He never does just comes in and I close my eyes and let my mind go far away. I never imagined I would be this girl. The one who ended up kidnapped, call in police forces and detectives and profilers, the girl on the TV with "Kidnapped" above her picture. I'm never going to see the crying faces on the screen again, I was sure. My parents always warned me about this.
What was the last thing I had said to my mom, was it four, five days ago? It felt like a decade. What had I said to her? "I hate you, I never want to see you again!" Yeah that was it. Then she saw me get grabbed right at the end of our driveway.
I'm never going home and that's fact, I can hope he will just kill me and not torture me any longer. He keeps a TV in the room, the only light. He kept it running on the news station. He whispered in my ear "See what you did? Asking for this?" I wouldn't reply, there was tape that covered my mouth, and a wad of cloth in my mouth.
My hand were tied up above my head, and all I could do was think and cry.
I heard him coming up the stairs, the THUDTHUDTHUD coming up the stairs faster then normal. I was sure I was going to die today. Then the door slammed open and light flooded in.
"POLICE!" a voice yelled.
I made a muffled screaming sound. A woman ran over and untied my hands, she pulled the tape from my mouth gently and yelled at the man behind him for a paramedic. The woman pulled me into her arms and carried me out of the house, with a blanket wrapped around me. She set me on a stretcher and the sounds and lights made my head hurt. Then everything was black.

I awoke several hours later, in the hospital my mom was asleep in the chair next to my bed. Wires and tubes were hooked up to me. One was placed over my heart and it particullary annoyed me, I tugged it off. Bad move. The monitor went dead making a loud long high pitched drone. My moms eyes flew open and she saw me with the wire in my hand as nurses and doctors ran in.
My mom through her arms around me and tears ran down her cheeks. I put my arms around her and for the first time in years, I cried in front of my mother.