The Boy and the Ragdoll | Teen Ink

The Boy and the Ragdoll

November 26, 2009
By Kasperitus BRONZE, Ottawa, Other
Kasperitus BRONZE, Ottawa, Other
3 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Imagination rules the world.
-Napoleon Bonaparte


It was late at night when I heard the music. It was soft, scary, and startled me out of bed. I looked out the window of my bedroom, and saw something walking outside my country house. It was taller than dad and skinny like a pole. It was wearing a bathrobe like mom’s with lines glowing a creepy light. The music that woke me up coming off of it, but it did not have a something to play music with: the music was coming off of it’s body. It must’ve known I was looking at it, because it stopped, turned and looked at me. It’s face was covered by a mask. The mask looked like a creepy smiley face and it also glowed the same light as the lines on the bathrobe. I tried to hide from it, but I couldn’t move. It was like the thing had frozen Me where I stood. It lifted a long, sharp-looking finger to the mask’s mouth and hissed “shhhhhh”. I nodded and the person continued its walk. Once it disappeared, I jumped back into bed and pulled the covers over my head. The thing was gone but I could still hear the creepy music.

}{--0--}{><}{--0--}{><}{--0--}{


The LeaderShip has been kind to Ragdoll, exile much better than being locked up. Exile lets Ragdoll be free, lets Ragdoll do as Ragdoll pleases. But Leadership could have put Ragdoll somewhere better; too far from city, too far from playthings. Ragdoll crazy, but Ragdoll also smart. Ragdoll find plaything home, and where there is home there is road, and road leads to city, and city leads to plenty of playthings for Ragdoll to play with. There is no light, so playthings not awake, not able to see Ragdoll walk near home, but Ragdoll sense differently, and Ragdoll has good senses. Ragdoll sense plaything watching Ragdoll through window, so Ragdoll turn to face watching-plaything, to see what playthings of this world look like. Ragdoll may have no eyes, but Ragdoll can see that Playthings are meat-covered sticks, lots of fun to play with. Ragdoll also sees that watching-plaything is child, is scared of Ragdoll. Watching-plaything-child must have been awakened by Ragdoll’s beautiful, mind-music, which also freeze child-plaything. Ragdoll knows that watching-plaything-child will tell other playthings of Ragdoll, draw attention to Ragdoll. So Ragdoll raise one of tool-fingers to word-hole and say “Shhhhhh”. Watching-plaything-child nod head at Ragdoll, Telling Ragdoll that watching-plaything-child won’t tell other playthings. Ragdoll then walk away, knowing that Ragdoll still secret and stay secret until Ragdoll ready to play.