MY SMILE | Teen Ink

MY SMILE

June 2, 2022
By 3lickel BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
3lickel BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

TW: murder, violence

“So tell us [REDACTED]. The cops found everything. Start with the first murder.”

It was the first time I killed a person - it was a dreary November night. I was up in upper Michigan, the first snowfall was supposed to be very soon, I had to act fast. I parked my truck far into the woods so no one would see it. I walked out of the woods and proceeded to walk down road NF -1360. Putting out my thumb for someone to pick me up; I was being a hitchhiker. Little did they know I had a sharp hunting knife made for cutting deer stuffed in my coat. Many cars passed, but unfortunately, for one helpless lady, she stopped for me. My smile grew from ear to ear.

 She was in her mid 20's. I had asked her, “‘Ello, where you headed to?” in a polite manner. She replied saying she was going to Land O’ Lakes. “That’s lovely! That's exactly where I’m headin’!” She began to trust me and then told me to hop in. That was my chance. I walked around the car pretending to walk towards the passenger seat. I heard the door, *click* the sound of mechanical pins removing. With nothing preventing me from getting to her, the grin on my face grew. 

I swung her door open. I took her from her seat and flung her onto the ground. I made sure to wear double gloves so as to not leave a hint of evidence. I then undid my coat and used the blunt end of my hunting knife and knocked the wind out of her by hitting her esophagus and chest. All you could hear was the short gasps for air. I took her keys out of her car and drove her car carefully through the trees, just far enough to not see it while passing. I walked back then dragged her into the woods, making sure not to leave footprints or obvious passages to lead the cops to her. She began to fight back, although very weak, I overpowered her easily. She kicked and screamed. I let her let out her lungs. I didn’t stop her. We went further and further into the woods, no one would hear her. I then made it to my pre-tarped area near a river. I tied her to the tree, her crying and screaming for her life. I then plunged the knife into her chest.

My smile grew a little bit bigger that day.


The author's comments:

This piece is not real. It is all made up.

This story is meant to be a psychotic serial killer getting caught after years of murder. The police caught him red handed and he is telling his story.