The Cursed Labyrinth | Teen Ink

The Cursed Labyrinth

By Lifelight BRONZE, Virar, Other
Lifelight BRONZE, Virar, Other
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

“So many books, so little time..."

I could possibly see everything into the cracked darkness,as the wall opened with a 'Wooshh'!I paused.

I certainly was unable to make up my mind whether to explore the awaiting dark passageway ahead of me or rather step back and scream for help.

There was something in there summoning me in.I wasn't sure why I stepped in but I was certain that I had heared a squeal,a terrible squeal of a girl...perhaps.As I tried redirecting my thoughts and escaping this hideous region,I heard the shriek once again in the distance,but this time a little more deeper and manly.I paused I didn't realise until long that I was shivering from top to bottom.

I mustured up my courage and ambled towards the other end of the unilluminated hallway.It was quite easy to figure that nobody since many decades had visited this bizarre area.Nevertheless,my pupils had started adjusting to the dark now.Currently,I was able to make out what the passageway held in it.Loads of portraits of honoured novelists were hung on the side walls.I spotted Jane Austen,Thomas Hardy,Charles Dickens,Leo Tolstoy,William Shakespeare...of course he had to be there amongst them,and many more whom I presumably didn't know,or recognize ,I guess.

As I strode towards the further end,I detected that I was being watched.But by whom?I was too petrified to turn.My teeth started rattling with fear.Fear of being followed by someone in an unknown passageway.But yet I turned.

My fear drowned away as I saw a girl,a fourteen year old,I suppose.Hang on...What the heck was she doing here?Was she the girl who had screamed?All the fear i had earlier came rushing back and chocked my throat.I wanted answers to my neverending list of questions since I stepped in.What are you doing here?How did you get in here?Why did you scream and many more.

Her deep blue eyes were fixed upon me for a long time,like somebody had glued them and she was unable to move them.After a while she shifted her mesmerizing gaze from me and I willingly followed.I could see nothing more than the dark.

The silence had become tiring now.I took a step towards her."What are you looking at young lady?",I asked.She smiled.Her smile was none like others I had seen.

Being a girl I should have been jealous but I wasn't.Her auburn hair was tied in a plait with a silver ribbon that shone like moonlight.I had become too engrosed in noticing her and forgot about the complication I was stuck up in.

She clapped twice and I could notice figures emerging out of nowhere."We have got forever to discuss.",she replied with a beautiful smirk which did suit her.

At that moment I heard a noise of a heavy rock being moved.I ran towards the exit,breathing heavily.I was puzzeled and panic-stricken at the same time,and wondering that that wall cannot get closed with me stuck in here."No!",I screamed but it was too late.

Being alone in the entire house at night is not so miserable but stumbling against a wall in the middle of the house which suddenly opens to reveal a passegway is.What happens next...