Best Way to React to a Scary Movie | Teen Ink

Best Way to React to a Scary Movie

By GledisG GOLD, Tirana, Other
GledisG GOLD, Tirana, Other

After a long and tiring day at school, I went to Mr. Smith’s room where my phone was.

“Hello Gledis,” said Mr. Smith

“Hi Mr. Smith.” I replied

I took my phone and left. While I was checking my messages, I saw that I had 4 missed call from Kristian and 5 Instagram messages. When I first saw all those missed calls, I knew he just wanted to ask me if I would want to go with him to watch a movie. Since the bus was waiting for me, I thought it would be better to call him back when I get home.

When I got home, I changed my clothes and called him. When I called him he told me that he wanted to go and watch Annabelle: Creation and he was asking me if I wanted to go with him. I immediately said no due to my enormous fear from horror movie. After two hours of arguing I said:

“Fine I am coming,”

“Alright,” replied Kristian, “book the seats for tomorrow at 8:30 P.M.”

He hung up and I went and booked the seats. I did my homework and I went to sleep.

The next day, both me and Kristian were at TEG by 7 P.M.

“You ready for this?” Kristian asked

“Of course not,” I responded.

We went and bought the tickets. Then we just waited until it was 8:25 P.M to get the snacks and go into the movie.

When we got inside, the cinema was full and the movie was about to start. Kristian and I got to our seats immediately.

“I am going to regret this decision,” I said to Kristian.

“You always regret your decisions,” Kristian told me while looking at his phone.

The movie started. The beginning, of course, wasn’t scary but there were some mini jumpscares that weren’t scary at all.

“Why was I scared to watch this? This movie isn’t scary at all!” I thought to myself.

“This movie isn’t scary,” said Kristian.

“Bruh, I was just thinking about that,” I responded immediately.

After the first ten minutes of the movie, it actually started to get scarier. Annabelle itself started showing more and started possessing people. I started to get really, really scared. The movie was full of jumpscares and Annabelle was in every scene of the movie. The possessed girl was carrying Annabelle with her and she had a mad face all the time. Annabelle had her creepy, smiling, emotionless look on her face. When the girls went to the room of the woman who was keeping them in their house, they found her ripped in half and hanged by the ceiling. That made everyone in the cinema scream, but mostly me. I looked to my left and saw Kristian being scared too. I looked to the right and saw a really fat man laying in the seat like it was a bed and he was sleeping. I closed my eyes but that didn’t help at all. In fact it made the movie scarier since I was hearing everyone scream. Near the end of the movie, which was also the climax of the movie, a scarecrow, that throughout the movie made scary appearances in weird places where it didn’t belong, was being ripped by inside until the devil came out of it. The scene was so scary, it made me and Kristian leave. In order not to look like we were scared, I pretended like someone called me and we got up and walked away.

When me and Kristian got out, I was trembling in fear. Me and Kristian looked at each other like ‘What did we just watch’. Kristian’s driver came to pick us up. The time was around 10 P.M. When he picked us up, he realized immediately that we were really scared. When he asked us what happened, we told him about the movie. Then, he went and told us that we shouldn’t be scared because the things we saw on the screen were not real, which didn’t help us at all.

When I got home, everyone was there.

‘At least I’m not home alone!’ I thought.

They asked me what movie I watched. Since I told them I wasn’t going to watch a horror movie, I told them I went to watch ‘The Hitman’s Bodyguard’. Since I was really tired, I thought to myself that I would just do my math homework in school during the break.

When I went to sleep, I was a little scared but still managed to fall asleep fast. I woke up and found myself in a weird and different house. I started to hear weird noises. I started to scream ‘MOM!’ but I got no reply. I got out of the weird black room I was in. There I saw a door. I was curious to see what was in there so I opened it. There I saw a creepy doll with bleeding eyes. It was Annabelle. I started to run really fast so I could find the exit of the house. I finally found the exit. I opened the door. Right behind the door there was a scarecrow. ‘NO!’ I tried to scream but I couldn’t. The same scene from the movie happened. The devil was coming out of the scarecrow.

Then, I woke up. All of it was just a dream. I checked the time and it was around 4 A.M. I texted Kristian immediately to tell him that I saw a dream with Annabelle. He told me that he wasn't even able to sleep. We both agreed that we would never, ever go and watch another horror movie. Two weeks later me and Kristian find ourselves watching ‘IT’ with no one else but us in the largest cinema of Cineplexx.

“How did we get here Gled?” Kristian asked.

“I have no clue.”