The Beast Within | Teen Ink

The Beast Within

By SomethingCalledTerra SILVER, Budd Lake, New Jersey
SomethingCalledTerra SILVER, Budd Lake, New Jersey

"Pain is temporary, quitting lasts forever"

-Lance Armstrong

-

I wake up every morning like you. I tumble out of bed, take a shower, eat, brush my teeth, and go to school. But, beneath my long black hair, and my skinny jeans, and my raucous t-shirts is something much, much worse. Something that rumbles in my soul and begs to be let free. It tugs at my skin and crawls into my mind. It whispered to me. It told me it is my secret to power, and with just one moment of it in control it would show me what I was capable of. So you know what I did? I let it loose. Then they started finding the bodies. Bodies of people, ripped to shreds. News spreads fast in this technological world we live in. Every town in the county feared the Ripper would come for them next, and they still do. Now, I have fought against the thing within me…and I have suppressed it. It yearns to be set free again, sometimes I can feel it drawing it's ethereal claws against my very consciousness. I live in complete fear that it will someday tear itself from my body and unleash it's power onto the world. So I soldier through the pain, and keep throwing it back down to the blackest depths of my spirit. But when the time is right…I will unleash it again. I will reign terror on this world, for it has done no good to me. Why should I give it any favors? I won't. So…to answer you're question. Am I like you? Most certainly not, I am something greater. And you better hope that you are old and crippled when I set this thing free.

Because you might be a victim.

I wrote this piece on an impulse. I think it's pretty scary. But I want you guys' input!

AllaynaRajkumar SILVER, Cape Town, Other

You Were Born an Original, Don't Die a Copy♥

Nice maxwell...LOL