The Vampire Detective-Part Two | Teen Ink

The Vampire Detective-Part Two

September 23, 2009
By Ceneteros2804 PLATINUM, Griffith, Other
Ceneteros2804 PLATINUM, Griffith, Other
20 articles 0 photos 52 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds.' Albert Einstein

'Why write about reality, we all know how that story ends' Me


Lycaeon laughed as he thought about how easily the Great Vampire Detective had gone down and been captured. He strolled into his home in upstate New York and almost screamed.

“Hello” Lucas Revenant called warmly. Lycaeon turned and ran for the door. The vampire was too fast and kicked him across the room then locked the door.

“How…did…you…” stuttered Lycaeon.

“I…used…this” mocked Revenant, holding up a cocked revolver.

“Oh shi…” Lycaeon began to mutter. He was cut off as the detective caught him by the throat.

“No profanities please…there is a child in the room” muttered Revenant.

“Hey” protested his female associate.

“Jonathon Lycaeon I’m placing you under arrest until the authorities get here” he pulled a mobile phone and dialled 9-1-1-1-1. The private number for the Consul Regent, leader of the Board, the group of Judges who controlled the affairs of the secret world that some would call magical.

“Two ones difference…that’s just stupid” the girl muttered.

“Says you” retorted the detective. They neglected to notice Lycaeon tap a button on the side of the table. Before he could do anything else he was grabbed by the wrist by Revenant, who twisted and broke it.

“Rrrr” Lycaeon growled.

“What did you do!” shouted Revenant.

“You’ll see soon” laughed Lycaeon mockingly. Several small pigeons flew down from upstairs cooing.

“Cute” muttered Melody, one of the pigeons landed on here arm and bit her with piranha-like teeth. “Ow you little…” Revenant ripped it off her arm.

“Stymphalian birds!!” Revenant roared. Lycaeon laughed and ripped his arm from Revenant’s grip and ran for a window.

“Ta Ta” Lycaeon mocked. Revenant pulled his silenced pistol for his jacket and shot Lycaeon in the leg. He shrieked, his voice hitting tones usually considered feminine as the bullet hit him.

“Call off the pigeons you God damn b…” Melody began, but was cut off as Revenant said.

“Language Melody!”

“You got to shoot him! Why can’t I swear at him!” Melody growled as she and Revenant fought off the Stymphalian birds. Lycaeon reached for the window and was rewarded by being shot in his shoulder.

“Aaaaahhhh!!!!” he shrieked.

“Don’t move Lycaemoron!” Melody shouted at him.

“Quiet you!” Lycaeon shouted and drew a steak knife from a knife block. He limped towards her, until Revenant put a bullet through his foot. “Yaaoooow!!!” Lycaeon shrieked.

“Hello? Hello?” called a voice from the phone.

“Melody upstairs now!” Revenant ordered. Melody stiffened and was about to reply when Revenant grabbed her arm and sent her flying up the stairs.

“What are you…!” Lycaeon only had time to shout as Revenant stuck a handkerchief in a bottle two hundred year old wine and then set it on fire.

“Bye bye crazy guy!” Revenant giggled like a school girl and dropped the bottle from the top of the stairs.

“OH SH…” Lycaeon was cut off as the bottle exploded.


The author's comments:
Lucas Revenant was threatening legal action if I didn't continue. I swear some lawyers are bigger blood suckers than vampires.