The Vampire Next Door | Teen Ink

The Vampire Next Door

March 13, 2024
By Anonymous

I heard a crash outside so I went to go check it. I walked outside and saw that my new neighbor dropped his box full of clothes! I went over to help him pick it up and I guess I caught him by surprise because he sure did look shocked. I couldn’t help but notice some sharp things coming out of his mouth. I looked closer and saw that they were fangs!

 I yelped and backed up, a bit frightened by the sight. “What?” He asked, hiding his fangs. “You have-” I was cut off by my own anxiety. “What are those?!” I asked. I sounded a bit rude but didn’t notice it until after it was said. “What are what?” He asked, looking confused. I knew my mind wasn’t playing tricks on me and I knew that he was a vampire! I made up an excuse and ran back inside my apartment. I locked myself in the bathroom because I had mirrors all around me! If the vampire-thing was going to barge in, I wouldn’t be able to see them in the mirror if they were a vampire!


 I waited and waited…But he never came. I was so stupid! Why would I think that a vampire would just break into someone’s home after scaring them?! I got out of the bathroom and sat on my couch, sighing. I felt so dumb..But why?... 

I guess it was just bad luck. I felt my Apple Watch vibrate so I looked at my notification. It was a notification telling me halloween was tomorrow! Why me?! My vampire neighbor would scare me on that day, I know they will! After thinking about it non-stop, I felt myself getting tired… So I went to bed.

 In the middle of my long amazing dream, I felt a weird sensation on my neck… As if someone was poking two big needles into it? I woke up and felt someone behind me. When I looked, it was my vampire neighbor! Seeing that they bit me, I let out a long and loud shriek! He immediately put his hand over my mouth to cover up my scream. As soon as he did that, I stopped. But I then bit his hand! That's what I always did to my brother when he put his hand over my mouth, so why not do it to the vampire guy?