Secret Love | Teen Ink

Secret Love

December 7, 2016
By CarlyyyC BRONZE, Lafayette, Colorado
CarlyyyC BRONZE, Lafayette, Colorado
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

It was hot outside which wasn't unusual in the middle of the summer for Los Angeles. In the weight room inside my home I could feel the warmth radiating off the window. It was the third month of working out with Don and I felt better than ever physically but awful inside. I hated my job, it's hard to not get close to people when you're trying to learn everything possible about them. It just happened I was very good at this and loved the money that came with it.
“Hey Kourt” Don said entering the room, his white teeth contrast beside his dark skin.
“Hey, what are we doing today?”
“Well I’m thinking legs, if you're up to that?..”
“Yes let's do it!”
“Okay let's start on the stair climber for 5 minutes to warm up, then we’ll move onto weighted sumo squats, lunges, hip abductors then donkey kicks, we will do sets of 60, and 3 reps.”
Working out had become my new hobby, one because it feels great afterwards and two because I got to have the most handsome trainor. We also got along so well, it never seemed to be awkward and I could always make him laugh.
“Got any new quotes you wanna share?” Don asked me. Inspirational quotes were our thing to help us stay motivated.
“Well yes, ‘This month's diet and work is next months body’, also ‘stop holding yourself back, if you aren't happy, make a change.” I felt my face getting warm.
“Nice”, he nodded “those are some good ones.”
“Mind if I use your bathroom?”
“Not at all go ahead down the hall, past the kitchen then to the left.”
While walking down the hall I past two offices with a couple computers and other electronics. “Thats strange who needs two offices or even all those electronics?” Don thought.
While Don was gone my boss called from headquarters “Hey, have you found out who he works for?”
“I have a lead, but I’ll have to get back with you!” I hung up.
The next day was a big deal, Don had asked me on a date to Nobu at 7pm. I asked my stylist to come over to put together an outfit with me. I finally decided on a casual tight black dress with bright pink heels. I got another call while doing my hair, it was the boss. “Hey, listen you have one more day, we need to know if he is working for that man!” “Got it, I’ll get back to you as soon as I know.”
I got into Dons Maybach. “Damn, did you rent this car just for me?”
“Hah, you think? Nah this is all mine.”
I spent the whole night with Don, we never stopped laughing and kissing. My feelings had grown so strong for him, I felt so sick to my stomach spying on him. He probably had no idea he was even working for a drug lord.
When morning came I knew I had to tell him what was going on, I couldn't continue any longer knowing we were getting serious. I went downstairs and he had coffee made and a whole meal put together.
“Wow, that's impressive.” I said while I poured syrup on my pancakes.
“What can I say.. So I just have to ask are we together? Like are you looking for something serious or not? I just need to know, I'm not tryna play any games with you.”
I was taken by surprise,
“Yes I do want something serious at this point in my life, are you looking for the same?”
“Yes that is what I want too.” A smile grew across his face. But you need to tell me one thing, why the hell do you have two offices?” he chuckled.
“Well I was going to tell you why this morning anyways, I work for the government and I have to spy on people or the bad guys to bust them. Well we think you may be working for a drug lord.. He is very dangerous and has many criminal charges, we think he decided to disguise and hide from us by becoming an owner of personal training company.”
He sat there quietly, taking it all in. “Well I did wonder how you had so much money.. But did not seem to have a job..”
By the time spring came Don and I were happily engaged and I had finally decided to quit my job as a spy. We moved in together at his house in Calabasas and I was going to school to be a personal trainor.