Rememberance | Teen Ink

Rememberance

August 8, 2011
By MiNdLeSsLuVeRgIrL BRONZE, Kenly, North Carolina
MiNdLeSsLuVeRgIrL BRONZE, Kenly, North Carolina
4 articles 0 photos 120 comments

Favorite Quote:
If you love something let it go, if it comes back its yours if it doesn't, it never was!


My name is Mandi Petrov I am twenty-six, I have a ten year old daughter named Victoria Petrov, and I am married to the most wonderful guy in the world.His name is Shawn Smith.He is not the first guy I ever loved, no the first guy I ever loved was Victor Valentino. He was smart, funny and very cute. I dated him when I was fifteen and he was sixteen.We met in Geometry class (I was a year ahead in math) we were assigned a project together.At first we hated each other.Then when the group of mean girls were picking on me because I was poor he stood up and told them off!After that we instantly became best-friends.We would go down to the beach to feed seagulls and just hang out or just hang out when we were to lazy to go anywhere.It was almost like we were dating, of course I wanted to date him but I wasn't sure if he felt the same way I did.Then one day we were at the beach and we were throwing the football.He had caught it so I tackled him.I was laying on top of him, both of us laughing, the next thing I knew he kissed me.I took me a moment to realize what he was doing but when I did I kissed him back.That night he told me that he had always liked me before we became friends but he tried to hide it but now that we became close he had fell in love with me.I told him that I felt the same way.He was walked me home one night about a year later (which was safer because my neighborhood was full of gang-bangers).When we got to my house he gave me a kiss goodbye and whispered I love you in my ear.I said I love you too.We had been dating a long time so we already ya' know?Anyways I took a test and it came out positive, I cried for a little while but I knew he would help me with this baby if it was the last thing he would do.So I called him and told him,so he told me he was headed over to my house to talk about this.He told me he was about a block away from my house (and at a stop sign) when I heard gunshots in the background then silence.I called 9-1-1 and raced to where he was at.When I got there I realized that he was dead from a shot in the head.I just dropped into the mud sobbing.For six months I mourned but I couldn't mourn any longer because one night I woke up with sharp pains and realized the baby was coming!I woke my grandmother (who I was living with at that time) and told her to take me to the hospital.I had my daughter Victoria Petrov that night, three months early.I named her Victoria to remember Victor because he was a good guy and would've been a great father.I met my husband two years later.I am in love with him but I will always love and remember Victor.


The author's comments:
This is not a true story it is entirely made up! Tell me what you think!