No Matter What Chapter 11 | Teen Ink

No Matter What Chapter 11

By Muziksoul29 PLATINUM, Paris, Tennessee
Muziksoul29 PLATINUM, Paris, Tennessee

Dont ever look to th epast, cause you see things you already know. Look to the future to see things come at you like a fast ball.
-Me:)

I lay down on the mound of pillows on the bed and let my mind wander to places unknown. I know loving Xander could cost me my life but I just can't imagine my life without him. His smile makes my heart thunder. His laugh makes my mind explode with thoughts of him. And he makes me happy when I don't want to spend another day on earth.
"I have to tell him." I whispered to myself.
I stood up and marched to the door, as I opened the door Jezzi walked in.
"Mommy Maia!" She squealed.
"Hey Jezzi." I said, picking her up. I took notice of her light blue night gown.
"Are you mad at daddy?" She asked quietly.
"No honey. I love your daddy. I was just upset over something." I replied looking at her.
"But daddy said you were mad at him and that you were really scared!" She answered with a puckered brow.
"Jezzi, I love your daddy. He just did something that scared me. Don't worry. I'm going to talk to him now." I cooed her until she fell asleep in my arms.
"Do you really love me?" Xander whispered in my ear causing a shiver to run down my spine.
"Y-yes. I really love you." I replied hesitantly.
"Then, let's put Jezzi in her room so we can talk about things." He whispered from behind me. I simply nodded my head in fear that my words would give me away.
We walked in silence and soon reached a door that had a large "J" painted on it. This must be her room. Xander took the sleeping girl from my arms and told me to wait out in the hall while he put her to sleep.
He came out a moment later with a frown on his face.
"Whats wrong, Xander?" I asked worriedly.
"Jezzi is having a bad dream, but she can't wake up until it's over." He replied in a frightened tone.
"She'll be fine." I replied while placing a hand lightly on his arm. He shook ot off and walked back to our room. I had to run to catch up with him.
He pushed the door open and waltzed in. i followed silently until he turned and looked at me.
"Why did you get so scared. Why did you get mad at me?" He asked with a look of pure misery on his face.
"Because I wasn't ready to hear it. What would you say if I told you I was a demon or something? Wouldn't you be scared if you were human?"
"Of course but I wouldn't run." He replied angrily
"You say that now, but what would happen if I really told you that? You would be scared. You would run away. Just like I did." I looked at he floor.
Xander put his hand under my chin and made me look at him," Maia, I would stand beside you no matter what happened. I love you with all my heart and soul. You know that in your heart you love me too. Tell me your not afraid."
"I can't. But i do love you Xander. I love you so much." I rpelied as tears formed in my eyes.
"Tell me those three words and all will be forgotten." He commanded.
"I can't!" I shouted.
"You can!" He screamed back. "You just don't want to." He walked out the door and locked it form the outside.
Great! Now I'm stuck in this room with noone.