Part four of Orb | Teen Ink

Part four of Orb

By CandieApple PLATINUM, Hartford, Wisconsin
CandieApple PLATINUM, Hartford, Wisconsin

The world is a stage, and we are merely players- Shakespeare (at least it goes something like that!!)

I woke up to the sound of my alarm. I opened my eyes and heard the birds chirping. How ironic. I slid out of the covers and sat up. I yawned as I left the bed. Stephanie was sleeping on the green cushion and Carol was sleeping against it. I smiled. They were so cute when they were sleeping. It was nice because they couldn’t be annoying when they were sleeping.

I felt like someone was watching me so I turned around. Of course, no one was there. I sighed and shook Stephanie and Carol so they would wake up. “Guys, wake up!” I said. “It’s 6:30! We’ve got to get ready!”

“Five more minutes,” Carol groaned.

“Ten more minutes,” Stephanie said putting my pillow over her head. Carol shoved her head into the cushion.

“Guys…!” I yelled. “You have to get up! We’ll be late!”

“Oh, fine,” they both complained giving in. “We’ll get up!” The finally lifted their lazy butts of the cushion and rubbed their eyes.

“Finally…!” I said. “How do you guys ever get up in the morning?”

“Mom,” they both said.

“She shakes me really hard,” Carol said.

“She yells into my ear a million times,” Stephanie said shrugging.

“Geez…,” I said. We all brushed our teeth and changed into new clothes. I took a quick shower and they took one right after me. It was a real hassle to get everything finished in time to be able to walk to school.

Once we were ready, we grabbed our bags, took a muffin off the counter, and walked outside. I took a bite out of my strawberry muffin. “Thanks to me you guys are actually coming to school,” I said.

“We know, we know,” Stephanie said taking a bite out of her blueberry muffin.

“These muffins are really good,” Carol said with her mouth full of her lemon muffin.

“I know,” I said grinning. “My mom makes them before she leaves every morning.”

We kept walking and I kept bragging about the muffins. I always had this weird feeling I was being watched though and it sent a chill up my spine that sent me tingling. I didn’t mention it to Stephanie or Carol because they would just laugh. It was really creepy.

Once the school was in view, I looked around campus. I wonder if it was that kid, Derek, looking at me. But how would he be able to see me from my bedroom? Was he some kind of stalker?

“Oh, look it’s Derek,” Stephanie pointed over to a nearby tree. “He’s looking at you!”

“Don’t point!” I scolded. “It’s rude!”

“You sound like my mom,” Stephanie laughed. “You know you like him!”

“I do not!” I yelled. Derek noticed me and waved, smiling. I waved back casually and forced a smile. Then, he started to walk over. My heart stopped. What would I say? What would I do?

“Hey Madison,” he said.

“Hey, what’s up?” I said casually.

“Did you study for the science test?” he asked me.

“Woops,” Stephanie and Carol said. Derek laughed.

“They wouldn’t study, but I fit in time to,” I said. Stephanie and Carol gave him an innocent smile. “See?” I asked. Derek laughed again.

A girl walked up to Derek and asked him about a worksheet. He pointed out some things and looked at me.

“Well, I’ll see you later, Madison,” he said giving me that heart stopping smile.

“See you,” I said. “And call me Maddie!”

“All right, Maddie,” he smiled and turned away to help that girl. Stephanie winked and I glared at her.

Once we were inside the school, I grabbed my science book and notes. I walked over to Stephanie and Carol.

“Well, I’ll tell you how the test was at lunch,” I said. “I’ll see you guys later!”

“See ya!” they said.

I walked into class and sat down as soon as the teacher walked in. Derek gave me a smile and I felt my face go hot. The girls were still giving me devil like glares. I cringed and Derek looked at the girls and they gave him angel smiles.

“Ok class,” the teacher said getting their attention. “Today is your science test. I hope you studied.” Kids groaned and I sat up straight, pencil in hand. I was totally confident. Derek looked at me and my posture and gave me a smile.

Sorry it took sooooo darn long!

Mangojuice BRONZE, Seoul, Other

Yeah you did, you did a lot.

lol. Thanx. :) Yup, no princess like girls for you and me. XD Oh yeah, I'm so glad to relate to Madison. lol. But I guess there are no Derek Anderson in real life? :'( most guys are jerks... -_-;;; no offense.. again... lol.

on Oct. 2 2010 at 9:26 am

Haha, no offense taken...I don't really like princess-like girls. XD  But, I'm glad you can relate to one of the characters :D

on Oct. 2 2010 at 6:13 am
Mangojuice BRONZE, Seoul, Other

Yeah you did, you did a lot.

Haha... this is so cool. I can totally relate to Madison. (well, not the studying part but...) Some girls really hated me cuz this hot guy was interested in me... -_-;;; obviously he wasn't interested in princess like girls... -_-;;; no offense. Anyways.. wonderful job!!! ><

Late reply!  Haha..., I'm going to send out Part 5 if you're interested...I don't know when it wil come out! XD

Lost-In-Life GOLD, Whitby, Other

It's never to late, if it weren't for the last minute many things would never get done!

Fantastic! You have to comtinue!