Already With Him | Teen Ink

Already With Him

July 26, 2010
By xFallenAngelx BRONZE, Canoga Park, California
xFallenAngelx BRONZE, Canoga Park, California
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Vivir con el corazon abierto


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Eric was sitting at the table with his youngest daughter. He was reading the paper and his daughter Jane was drawing. Eric looked at his daughter and was amazed at how much she looked like his love Layla.

She was on a business trip in New York and was needed there for the next two weeks. Eric was left to take care of his two kids and make sure they don’t kill each other.

Kevin was the other child they had. His features seemed to be a reflection of both of them. He was upstairs playing with his new toys they had gotten him for his birthday.

While Jane was coloring he got up and washed the mug that was filled with coffee.
Eric suddenly heard a loud bang from upstairs and figured it was Kevin. He ran upstairs and saw that Kevin had dropped the vase at the end of the hallway. He hated that vase anyway, but Layla loved it so he kept it.

“Kevin what happened,” Eric questioned him.

Kevin looked down feeling guilty because he broke his mother’s favorite vase. He automatically started crying. “I’m sorry dad, I didn’t mean to break it I –“, he was cut off by his father.

Eric sighed,”It’s alright it was just an accident, but your mom is going to kill me you know that right.” Eric said.

“Yea I know,” he said as Eric started picking up the broken glass from the floor. Kevin ran to get a bag to put the broken glass pieces and ran to dispose of them.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
While the incident was happening Jane saw a man dressed in black walking a dog. She was amused by the dog and ran outside to see it. As she ran out she ran up to the man.

“Excuse me mister can I pet your dog,” she asked politely.

The man dressed in black smirked at the little girl and decided to have a little fun.
“Sure you can, but you have to come with me into my car,” he said as he bent down to her level.

“Ok then,” she said and offered him her hand. He took it and dragged her to the black van parked at the curb of the block. He picked her up and threw her into the back of the van. Jane had always been afraid of the dark, but for some reason she was okay with being in the dark and felt safe.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
After Eric had finally cleaned up the mess he ran downstairs and saw that Jane wasn’t there coloring. He figured she must of ran to the restroom. But he didn’t’ see her at all to check, but she wasn’t there either.

This started to worry Eric so he ran back into the house and called Kevin down. He could see the panic in his father’s eyes.

“What’s wrong dad,” he asked confused at his dad’s strange behavior

“When you ran to get the bag was Jane sitting here coloring,” he asked.

“Yea why,” Kevin asked even more confused.

“Do you know where she went,” he asked almost yelling at him.

“N-no,” Kevin stuttered since he was scared at the way his father was acting. He ran up the stairs not wanting to be questioned anymore and was terrified at the behavior of his father.

He walked around the house calling her name, but no response. He went outside
Eric was debating on whether to call Layla and tell her that Jane went missing. He didn’t want to worry her while at work since she could probably lose her job. He decided to wait a little to see if she would show up and everything would be ok.

Hours had passed and still no sign of Jane. This worried Eric so he went around the neighborhood and to the local parks, and still no sign of Jane he checked the whole town and she wasn’t anywhere.

Eric went home and thought maybe she went home while he was looking for her. Walking into the house he checked every square inch of the house and out in the front and back yard, she still wasn’t anywhere.

He prayed to god that she was safe and that nothing would happen to her. Walking into the kitchen he saw the picture she was drawing. It was a picture of the four of them. Under the picture it said:

Happy Family