Nameless

You ask my name. I don’t recall it. I had a name once…. I remember my mother calling it with that soft flowery voice of hers. I know my number; 14864. So I guess that’s my name. I remember love… but that is a very faint memory. One that is so light, the breeze could easily carry it away. I cling to it as much as I can, but I know it will get lost as my name has. My memory serves nothing to me, for anything I remember no longer exists. Peace, joy, happiness, humanity, even comfort are non-existent. My head is shaved and my pride is lost. I have nothing of who I was with me. I am just a living shell of the human I once was. My calls for help have been drowned out by the waves of hate. I must go, for another day will start soon and yet again I will serve Hitler until my death.

WritingAddict03This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 12 at 1:21 am
Woah! This is absolutely amazing! I love how you managed to capture so much emotion in so little words; it's amazing and something I could NEVER do as beautifully as you did. Waiting until to the last moment to tell where your character is and why they fell the way the do was a phenomenal stylistic choice, and it helped to leave me with a better understanding of the hardships people faced at Hitler's hand by describing the character's thoughts first. This is definitely going on my favorites list... (more »)