Ultimate Spider-Man | Teen Ink

Ultimate Spider-Man

By CrystalShardsDiamond GOLD, Carson, California
CrystalShardsDiamond GOLD, Carson, California

"The two most important days in your life are the day you were born, and the day you find out why."

-Mark Twain

It was the first day of summer, the wind was still and the water from the beach grew in waves. “This is the life, am I right?”, asked Peter (Spider-Man) as he let out a sigh.

“Yeah, I guess you could say that,” Ben replied. Peter and Ben were on their way to meet the rest of the gang (Web Warriors) at the new diner that was opening by the beach.

A few minutes later, they arrived at the diner.

“The Pearl Diner,it looks kind of full. Hope we get a seat,” Peter stated

“ Alright, let’s eat!” Flash Thompson (Agent Venom) blurted out as he was making his way inside the diner. Everyone enters the diner and takes a seat. Not a minute later, a waitress(Around their age, cute, and nice personality) comes to take their drink order.

“Hi, I’m Crystal and i’ll be your waitress this afternoon. Can I get you guys anything to drink?” she asked. Ben glanced at her real quick then looked back at his menu. Peter, Cho(Iron Spider), Flash, and Miles(Kid Arachnid) finished ordering their drinks, then the waitress looked at Ben. Crystal tucked her falling hair back, and blushed a little.

“I’ll take a soda,” Ben said.

As she walked away, Peter asked Ben, “So… What was that about?”

“What are you talking about?” Ben asked.

“Aw come on Ben, you are so not good at hiding your feelings. I doubt you ever met a girl before.” Flash stated.

“Of course i have, I met MJ” Ben replied.

“She may look like a girl on the outside but inside, she’s a monster” Peter said playfully.

MJ slaps Peter on the arm, “You are so dead when we get to your house” MJ replied while talking through her teeth.

Everyone laughed and soon after the waiter came with their drinks. “Wow, that was fast,” Peter stated. After they finished their drinks, there was an explosion within the next two blocks.

“We’re going to need this check to go!” Miles exclaimed. Then the Web Warriors changed into their suits and fought the new mysterious villain.

After they defeated the enemy, they changed out of their costumes and they continued to hang out. (Since Doc Ock now works at Stark Industries, there aren’t really any powerful villains except the villain that they defeated today.) All that time, all Ben could think about was Crystal.

*Ben* Why Crystal? What’s so special about her?

Not long after, Ben caught sight of Crystal walking about 30 feet away from the guys, walking her puppy.

“Go talk to her,” Peter said, being a little pushy. Ben went ahead to satisfy Peter’s sanity; the others went home while he made his way to Crystal.

Once he got there, he tried to act as cool as possible and said, “Hey, it’s Crystal, right?”

“Oh, um yeah it is…. glad you remembered.”Crystal replied with cheeks that were turning red.

“So… um… is this your dog?” Ben asked.

“Uh.. yeah! I just got him, haven’t named him yet…. you know, I don’t think i got your name. What was it?” Crystal responded.

“It’s Ben. Ben Reilly.”

“Well it’s really nice to see you again, Ben. Uh…. i mean it’s nice to meet you.” Crystal responded flustered.

Ben blushed a little before he asked her, “Would you maybe… like to um… go out tomorrow night. I-it’s ok if you can’t or don’t want to… I mean” Ben started to stammer until Crystal replied with a giggle “Yes. I’d love to. What time will you pick me up?”

“Uh… maybe around 6:00, I was hoping we could watch a movie if that’s ok with you?” Ben asked.

“Sure, that would be great. Here’s my number.” Crystal replied.

After Ben had left, he couldn’t help but smile. On the way back to S.H.I.E.L.D Academy, he couldn’t stop thinking about her. The girl that lit a fire in his heart. *beep beep* Ben’s phone chimed, and he read {Can’t wait for tomorrow! :)} Just then he let out a smile, and he said under his breath, “Can’t wait for tomorrow too.”