The Face of Boe's Last Breath | Teen Ink

The Face of Boe's Last Breath

By LiteratureWriter PLATINUM, Seattle, Washington
LiteratureWriter PLATINUM, Seattle, Washington

'It's lacking the one thing that keeps us alive. It's lacking people. Stupid, oridinairy, brilliant people!'

‘Doctor…’ The Face of Boe whispered.

‘Yes, what is it?’ The Doctor answered.

‘I am dieing…’

‘No! No! No! You can’t die on me now!’ The Doctor interrupted.

‘Everyone dies, doctor.’ The Face of Boe answered. ‘But, before I go, I shall tell you of a former lover of mine, one who is long gone.’

‘His eyes shown like the bright blue sea. His skin was as smooth as marble and his touch was soft as silk. His lips were as delicate as clouds and his kisses felt like heaven. His coffee was as glorious as the universe itself, and his heart was as pure as gold. He opened my eyes to the world around me and taught me the true meaning of love, his name was Ianto Jones.’ A tear trickled down the Timelord’s face, the statement had clearly broke his heart in two.

‘’Don’t Forget Me’ he said, a promise I never broke. And I will get to see him soon now, join him, see him after all this time, my long lost lover.’

‘You are not alone’. The Face of Boe said, with his final breath. He could see his friends and family; Alice, Steven, Grey, mum and dad, Owen, Tosh, Gwen, Rhys, their son, Martha, The Doctor, and Ianto, his beloved Ianto, all bathed in white light. And he, himself, changed back in his beloved human form as he stepped forward, taking Ianto’s hand and walking into the light.

I was inspired to write this piece because I believe that The Face of Boe's death scene should have gone differently.

on Jan. 9 2017 at 12:52 pm
KristxAngel BRONZE, St. Louis, Missouri
Especially if you also know Torchwood, this piece is amazingly sad. My hearts hurt, but glob, do I love it

on Jan. 7 2016 at 3:03 am
EmmaMayWang GOLD, Pelham, Alabama

"It is art, and art only, that reveals us to ourselves."
- Oscar Wilde

Wow a very emotional piece, loved it! Doctor Who was one of the few TV shows that I actually love and appreciate. Thanks for sharing.

on Jul. 6 2015 at 12:34 pm
Whovian-Pegasister, Frazier's Bottom, West Virginia

"I am an always will be the optimist, the hoper of far-flung hopes, and the dreamer of improbable dreams."--The Eleventh Doctor, Doctor Who, 'The Almost People'

So sad! Very well written.

on Jan. 22 2015 at 12:36 pm
The_DoctorDonna PLATINUM, Anytown, Iowa

"Nothing is impossible. The word itself says 'I'm Possible'"

Made me want to cry :,( very good.

on Apr. 20 2010 at 12:11 am
fusrodahsaraaa GOLD, Albany, Other
Awwwww that is so sad. I love Doctor Who and this also made my heart break into twO!