The Face of Boe's Last Breath | Teen Ink

The Face of Boe's Last Breath

November 29, 2009
By LiteratureWriter PLATINUM, Seattle, Washington
LiteratureWriter PLATINUM, Seattle, Washington
33 articles 7 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
'It's lacking the one thing that keeps us alive. It's lacking people. Stupid, oridinairy, brilliant people!'


‘Doctor…’ The Face of Boe whispered.

‘Yes, what is it?’ The Doctor answered.

‘I am dieing…’

‘No! No! No! You can’t die on me now!’ The Doctor interrupted.

‘Everyone dies, doctor.’ The Face of Boe answered. ‘But, before I go, I shall tell you of a former lover of mine, one who is long gone.’

‘His eyes shown like the bright blue sea. His skin was as smooth as marble and his touch was soft as silk. His lips were as delicate as clouds and his kisses felt like heaven. His coffee was as glorious as the universe itself, and his heart was as pure as gold. He opened my eyes to the world around me and taught me the true meaning of love, his name was Ianto Jones.’ A tear trickled down the Timelord’s face, the statement had clearly broke his heart in two.

‘’Don’t Forget Me’ he said, a promise I never broke. And I will get to see him soon now, join him, see him after all this time, my long lost lover.’

‘You are not alone’. The Face of Boe said, with his final breath. He could see his friends and family; Alice, Steven, Grey, mum and dad, Owen, Tosh, Gwen, Rhys, their son, Martha, The Doctor, and Ianto, his beloved Ianto, all bathed in white light. And he, himself, changed back in his beloved human form as he stepped forward, taking Ianto’s hand and walking into the light.

The author's comments:
I was inspired to write this piece because I believe that The Face of Boe's death scene should have gone differently.