The last members of the age of the humans | Teen Ink

The last members of the age of the humans

March 11, 2014
By Purlfluff GOLD, Colfax, California
Purlfluff GOLD, Colfax, California
17 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
When you're drowning, you don't say 'I would be incredibly pleased if someone would have the foresight to notice me drowning and come and help me,' you just scream.
-John Lennon


The cockroach squeezed out from the sharp piece of metal covering it. It looks up above to see a destroyed world, building in pieces sprawled all around the ground, everything singed by fire from the atomic bomb, and the surprising science of the city of New York. They killed each other, when they could have helped each other survive. It scurried up, looking for food or anything, but was very unsuccessful. The world was destroyed, every person, every object, every memory was gone, and it appeared that this cockroach was the only thing that was left.
This cockroach has lived in his fair share of human house, he just happened to be in a world war two bomb shelter snacking on some old survival books, it was pure luck how he survived.

A rat, appeared from behind a large piece of stone, it was weak, all scraggly and beatty, but it was also hungry it saw the tiny insect and started to run straight at the little guy. The cockroach ran, it dogged pass pieces of bone and burned flesh, the cockroach came to a skull, that he could seem to pass, it then he jumped in the thing and hid. The rat eventually came by, it was as if he automatically knew where the cockroach was, then he poked his head in one of the eye-holes. The cockroach then lunged out the other eyehole and headed straight for the road.
He was doing good, then he took a left he ran into fire. The cockroach had two choices, he could run through the fire and damage himself, or turn around and die by the rat. The Cockroach turned around, but then he say the rat coming towards him, so then he ran through the fire, it damaged his legs but he could still limp away. Then the rat ran right through and at him.
The rat died shortly after, along with the rest of the planet, but unknown to everybody, primary succession was taking place. The rat and cockroach mark the end to all things humans, maybe in the future the new beings will find humans bones and call this age “the age of the human.” Probably not though.