Lira and Dark Face | Teen Ink

Lira and Dark Face

October 29, 2012
By papage329 SILVER, Windsor, Connecticut
papage329 SILVER, Windsor, Connecticut
5 articles 0 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
A single spore holds such grim power that you may die within the hour- The Grim Grotto

scio me nihil scire or scio me nescire (I know one thing, that I know nothing) -Socrates


Lira

I was just about to pounce when I saw a movement not far off. I peeked around the reeds at the side of the small watering hole and saw another lion bounding towards me. My prey scampered away but I didn’t mind, another lion in my territory was much more important. I hid behind the reeds as he approached the watering hole, he couldn’t scent me because I was downwind. He was small but full grown with a brownish black mane. He had many wounds, some old and some still fresh, probably from a battle for territory. He greedily lapped up water; I took it as a signal to emerge. I stepped out growling loudly and he looked up in fright and cowered. I was bigger than most male lions and much bigger him. I cocked my head still remembering to show my dominance. He understood my question but I saw hesitation.

Dark Face

She asked me why I was here! What should I say? “I had nowhere else to go.” Partially the truth. She nodded then flicked her ear in a gesture to come. I followed and we came to a small stream at the base of a cliff. I eyed her carefully she was large and muscular; it seemed as if she was a loner but it was strange. Surely such a desirable female would never be abandoned from a pride. I’d do anything for her to be my mate. But she didn’t seem happy to see me…