A super 'thrilled' adventure | Teen Ink

A super 'thrilled' adventure

By Phuong BRONZE, Vienna, Virginia
Phuong BRONZE, Vienna, Virginia

Never give up

A fiction story of a human being falling into the fantasy world where she is caught and trapped into a lot of troubles. She is so scared and doesn't know what to do. However, in the end she finds herself enjoy it; she lives behind a precious lesson for the people there and a wonderful ending.

Chapter 1: a super 'thrilled' adventure

Once I began to read, I began to exist. After I finished reading, I closed the book and lay down to bed. However, I could not sleep and could not help thinking about the story. I wondered what it felt like to live in a fantasy world. My mind was racing as if there was a message approaching me. I felt dizzy and nervous. I closed my eyes, and suddenly, I saw myself  out of nowhere  gathered by hundreds of  hobbits and dwarves. And here went the story.
Lying on the grass, I tried hard to regain my consciousness. As I opened my eyes, I saw five or six dwarves staring at me like they hadn’t seen a human being before in their life. They murmured to one another: ‘Who is she?’, ‘Why is she here, is she a human?’, ‘She is pretty, but why are her clothes so casual and ugly?’ and so on. At length, I said: “Can you help me stand up?”
One of them replied: “What is your name and why are you here?”
“Emma and you are-”
“Steve, I am a hobbit and also the leader of this village.” –He interrupted.
“Nice to meet you, Steve. I-”
“Don’t you dare to talk to me, you poor human being! Aren’t you coming to our village to steal the treasures? I know all your wicked humans’ dark secrets. Tell me all your plans and I will let you go peacefully, or I will punish you. Now, Emma! Now!”
“Please forgive me, your majesty. I am just a country girl trapped in a dream and I do not even know that I am supposed to be here. Please let me go!”
“How can I believe you, Emma?”
“If you let me go, I will promise to spend the entire day working for you all. Deal?”
“Fine. Dwarves, you introduce her to the village and tell her what to do. However, Emma, if I ever see you sneaking anywhere or anything around here, I will not be merciful. Clear?” –Steve shouted at me.
Angry and humiliated as I was, I did not dare to protest. Three of the dwarves, whose name were Mike, Evans, and Lou, gave me a tour to all places in the village. It was a beautiful, small and full of happiness village. It reminded me of the Smurf village, but here, the people were dwarves and human-like rabbits. They lived as families and groups. There were schools, companies, bakeries, and markets like small versions of a human world. They looked at me strangely because I was tallest and biggest person there. Everything was so small and tiny. Mike and Evans told me what I had to do in the morning, which included laundry, cooking, and preparing for the festival in the afternoon. Lou also taught me how to clean up everything after the festival was done. I had so much to do for only one day; however, I was required to do it in order to be dismissed.
First thing first, I started to go into every tiny house in the village and did the laundry. The house was small and compacted; the laundry place was as tiny as my table at home. Every blanket and pillow was cute, tiny and flowery. As I was doing the laundry, a baby-dwarf came up and asked my name. She was Anna and she liked snow very much. She reminded me of the famous Disney movie, Frozen. I held her up by my shoulder, kissed her on the forehead; in return, Anna set a little rose on my hair. It was as lovely as her heart. Afterwards, I went to the kitchen and prepared breakfast. I was astounded at how little their food was: the bread, milk, butter and also their cups, their plates. When I finished, everyone gathered around me, I bended down for them so that each could grab one. Unfortunately, there was not enough for everyone; nevertheless, the mother gave all her food to her children. They thanked her for her kindness and each kissed her on the chick. The moment was so touching that I almost burst into tears. On and on, I finished the work in every household. In every house, I had a different experience. It was worth a try!
At last, I went to the bakery to make a cake. There was only one baker with a tons of …flying cakes.
“Why are these cakes flying, sir? I have never seen such thing before.” –I asked the bakery.
“Little girl, this is a traditional bakery in our village. We do a challenging task before getting a satisfied cake, which is choosing one cake you want between these flying ones. And then, use that pattern to bake.”
“Why don’t we just make one our own?”
“These are standard cakes that we specially like, the dwarves and human-like rabbits will get angry if they do not get to eat the kinds they like.”
Hearing the bakery, I struggled with those flying cakes and finally got one. I carefully baked it and decorated as the most beautiful cake I had very made. I really hoped the dwarves and everyone liked it. Walking down to the space where the festival would be celebrated, I saw a baby human-like rabbit sitting alone in the corner. I put the cake down on the nearby table and walked slowly towards him. He was crying so hard, his tears were as blue as the sky, his eyes were big and beautiful; he was a baby boy eager to get strong and big. He was full with passion and energy, but why was he crying?
“What is the matter with you, little boy? What is your name?” –I asked him.
“Shane.”
“What a beautiful name! Why are you crying, Shane? Can I help?”
“I am isolated by my friends; they don’t let me play with them because I am ragged.”
“No, you are not. You are a beautiful and lovely boy. Be strong, my dear, don’t let others look down on you, show them that you are pretty, kind and helpful; show them how beautiful your tears and your eyes are. It doesn’t matter what you look like, it is the inside that matters, and you have a warm heart. Come with me and let us celebrate.”
As we turned around, everyone was applauding. In fact, they had heard everything I told the boy. Steve came from the crowd and told me: “Emma, I have misunderstood you. You are kind and warm-hearted. You have taught us a worthwhile lesson in life and we all appreciate it. We thank you for everything you have done to us. It is simple but insightful. Will you accept my apology?”
“Of course I will!” –I replied happily.
Afterwards, we all celebrated the festival, danced, sang and enjoyed the best moment of our life. After all, the village was filled with wonderful and caring people. For me, though that experience was weird and unexpected, it showed me a fantasy world and a beautiful friendship.
I suddenly woke up out of the dream. It was a great dream. I felt jubilant because through last night’s reading, I had a great moment living in a fantasy world.