The Backwards Fairytale | Teen Ink

The Backwards Fairytale

Once upon a time there lived a boy named Gill Hand. He lived in a kingdom called Britannic with his mother, father and his seven sisters. He was eighteen and ready to find a wife. He was the most handsome boy in the kingdom. With brown shaggy hair and blue eyes all the girls loved him! He was just about six feet tall and was very muscular.

Gill was sure that he was never going to find a girl for him until that day. It was the day that the royal family came through the streets. It usually meant that they had something new to show off.

Gill and his family went into the streets to show their respect. The Princess McShumsple got out of the coach first. She was the most hideous thing. No one new why she was the princess. She had blonde hair and brown eyes. Her nose was too big for her face and her teeth were chipped from all the candy she eats. She was the next to take the throne as soon as she found a husband. She stepped out and smiled all around. Everyone was trying not to gag at the sight of her. As she looked around she stopped her eyes on Gill. Gill backed away as he knew what she was thinking.

Behind Princess McShumpsle was her younger sister Princess Paige. She was the most beautiful thing he had every laid his eyes on. Gill couldn’t keep his eyes off of her. With brown hair and pale blue eyes she was the one he wanted to marry.

He started walking towards her but Mcshumpsle got in the way. How could two sisters not even look any thing alike and have completely different personalities? Mcshumpsle tried to talk to Gill but he just pushed her out of the way and walked to Paige.

“Hello, what is your name?” Gill asked Paige.

“Paige. What is yours?” She smiled at him.

“Gill. How come I have never seen you before?”

“My sister would not let come out of the castle.” She said embarrassed.

“Well, I think you are the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. Would you like to be my wife?” He asked.

“I would love to!” Paige answered with a sincere heart.

So, the farmer boy and the beautiful Princess lived happily ever after. Mcshumpsle on the other hand didn’t…well let’s just leave it at that.