The sun in our minds | Teen Ink

The sun in our minds

By Lauraortiz BRONZE, Pasadena, Texas
Lauraortiz BRONZE, Pasadena, Texas

On a Friday at 3:30pm Sunno, Sunny, and I decided to fly out for a party in California. Of course, I was kind of tense because it was our first-time flying solo, so we didn’t know what to expect. After we landed, we went to check-in into our 5-star hotel. The hotel was expensive, but it was worth all the money. When we walked in our room we were greeted by this enormous spectacular window. We had 2 gigantic king size bed on the left side of the room and a luxurious bathroom on the right side of the room. After we brought up all our stuff on the hotel, we decided how we were going to plan out our plan for tomorrow.

It was 7:00am when we begin our plan. You’ll be asking how we normal people got invited to an important event. We got in thanks to Sunny. She has been working with this designer for over 3 months. So, he invited us to go to this glamours party that everyone is going to attend. We decided to look what we were going to wear. We step into the massive mansion; people were staring at us with glowing eyes. I was wearing a big purple gown with little butterflies on the waist of the gown. Sunny was wearing a shiny yellow tight dress while Sunoo was wearing a bright green tuxedo with his name printed on the back of the Tuxedo. I said “Omg. Sunoo you look like a cricket “Sunny said “Hahaha you actually do” Sunoo exclaimed “At least everyone will remember me as the guy with a bright green tuxedo”. “Solar, butterflies threw up on you who used butterflies to look nice around people and Sunny, you look like a bright yellow light bulb, the ones that shines when people are around you and your shine turns off when you are in a very difficult situation”.

That was my last straw. I turned around and left him there standing like a dumb cricket he is. I was enraging with anger until I saw Aelia. She is one of the greatest scientist that I ever known about. She is the meaning of perfection. She’s been my idol since I was young. I was walking up to talk to Aelia until I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turn around and it was Sunoo. What did this highlighter want now? He opens his mouth but someone from the crowd interrupted by yelling “Everyone turn on the tv and change it on the news”. I turned around looking for the remote and when I found it, I did as he said. The news anchor said the following “we had really bad news, the sun is shrinking in a rapid speed so in 48 hours from now the sun is going to be no longer here. Everyone was shocked from this unexpected news. Aelia stood up and said, “For everyone’s safety, the party is going to be cancelled for today”.” Please go on the right of the main hallway and straight to find your exit”. She turned around and left. “Great” I said to my self-feeling heartbroken. This was maybe my first and last opportunity to talk to her. We were quiet as we went to the hotel.

We went back to the hotel defeated. There wasn’t anything else to do. At this time, I already forgive Sunoo for what he said at the party. We all had a sleep over to watch conspiracy theories about why the Sun is shrinking. There were tons of videos where people were saying that the own government to get “rid” of people because the world is overpopulated, and others say that aliens want to take the sun because it round and shiny which they love shiny things.

At the end we ended up sleeping. Sunday 8:00am, we had woken up by the so called “the creators” which are a group of people who think that the government is going to create another galaxy so that why the sun is shrinking the sun. That’s why they are doing “protests” to stop the government from taking the sun. But I highly consider that the alien theory is more believable than what “the creators” say.      

At 4:00pm the “protests” had calm down so Sunoo, Sunny and I decided to go to the beach to have some fun. So, we just were walking down the beach. At 6:00pm, as we were walking to the hotel, chaos erupts. “The creators” were chanting some random so we decided to sleep with music on to ignore the outside world. BANG! They knock down our hotel room. It made us jump from our beds.  There were 5 men dressed in black. Before Sunoo could react, one of them put a shot with unknown substance into Sunoo’s neck making him faint. I tried to fight back but I felt some sharp pain and I saw blackness. I woke up in a very white room that it even made my eyes hurt from how white clean it was. Next to me was Sunoo and Sunny still sleeping. A woman with sunglasses and with a black thigh dress came in. She took off her glasses and I was shocked. It was Aelia. I was speech. We both waited without saying a word for Sunoo and Sunny to wake up. Finally, they both woke up. The women told us that we don’t need to worry because we were safe. She said, “I’m an international spy so I’m here to keep you all safe because the government is going to eliminate the bad people by taking out the sun for a few weeks”. “So please wait here patiently, until we had eliminated the bad influence” I said “Yes, what every you say, we’ll do”

Of course, I totally trust her. She then left us there on the room alone. Sunoo stand up infront of me and said, “I don’t know Solar, I have a bad vibe on Aelia”. “Here he goes again” I said with in my breath. I turn around to ask Sunny about her opinion but Sunny was staring at the ground with a blank face.  Then Sunoo stood up and he decided to see the little peep wole on the wall. He put his eyes on the hole. He said, “We should go now”. I said “but- “. He interrupted me “please just trust me it’s the best for us”. The three of us were searching where we can escape. Then Sunny took and ID card out of her pocket she said, “I took this off from a man in black when they were taking us, before we had passed out”. I said, “great job Sunny,”. Sunoo took the card to scan it for the door to open and we left the white room. As we were walking Sunoo said” Everything is fake. Aelia and these people are faking everything about the Sun about “the creators” and the chaos.  I was so confused. I ask, “and what did you saw on that window”.  He stops in the middle of the hallway and didn’t said nothing. I turn to Sunny to ask her, but she didn’t want to make eye contact. So, I decided to not ask any questions for now. We turn in a corner and saw Aelia and the famous designer who invited Sunny to the party.  So, we decided to eavesdrop. Aelia said “thank you for inviting those dumb people, here is your money” and they both laugh and left. Sunoo gasped and whispered, “I finally put the dots together”. “So, what I saw on the hole was that there the people of the party were in this big glass container which I think they might be experimenting something”. “But I don’t know what”. We heard something behinds. It was Aelia. She said “you foolish kids I this was my plan all along. I had plan it more than 20 years so I’m not going to let you ruin it” She turns to my direction and said” Oh, and it was easy to fool you the most”. As she was going to call the men in black. Sunoo whispered to us “run “and threw something on the floor. It made an explosion. Sunoo was running right behind us. We found an exit door. We were on a tunnel which was dark. We open the lid of the tunnel. Then were saw light. We got out of the tunnel and there were buildings, cars and most importantly people. As we enter to a store, we saw a tv news saying that there was a fire in an underground experiment building. Apparently, they had kidnap more than 500 victims before us. That everyone on that building died. But how did Aelia got many people to act crazy?  We goggled and we point all the dots of Aelia invited us to be on her trap and made some fake news then hire actors thinking that they’ll might be hire for a role. All of the other things are real Aelia, the fashion designer, and the men in black. A few months has passed but then we saw her again. Aelia. Maybe she survived the fire, and the police didn’t know. After we saw her, we knew that we are not going to be safe, so we decided to change our names and our appearance, so she doesn’t track us again. We haven’t seen her for a few years, and we hope that it stays that way.