Grendel Goes Down | Teen Ink

Grendel Goes Down

By emoryfriend BRONZE, New Orleans, Louisiana
emoryfriend BRONZE, New Orleans, Louisiana

Grendel Goes Down

The time has finally come. I finally get to meet this beast of evil in battle. For many days I have anticipated and planned for this battle. I am fully prepared to take down this chaos maker, Grendel. I pride myself in the fact that all of my men are fully prepared to better the lives of King Hrothgar's terrified people. This cold-hearted murderer's killings have gotten out of hand and need to be put to an end. My men and I plan to hide in Herot, Grendel's favorite place to kill, and attack when he least expects.

My men and I have arrived in Herot and are waiting for the night lurking creature to make an appearance. My men are ready with their swords, but I will not be fighting with a weapon. My bare hands are powerful enough to defeat Herot's most unwelcomed guest. As the night draws near, Grendel enters Herot. The heartless monstrosity immediately eats one of my men who is unable to defend himself. Grendel then comes for me. I know it’s now my time to shine. I put my trust in God and begin to fight Grendel. As we fight, I can sense Grendel wanting to give up. He has never been challenged by his prey. The intensity of this battle causes all of Herot to shake, but does not crumble. My outstanding strength begins to injure Grendel, and I am able to rip his arm off at the shoulder. I have defeated Grendel without being injured and, I am now praised by so many more. 

It is a narrative of the account of Grendel and Beowulf fighting