Fear Is A Powerful Ally | Teen Ink

Fear Is A Powerful Ally

Tom…
I roll quickly out of the way as another barrage of pellets breaks the brush where I just was. I gladly repay the intrusion with a burst from my own pistol. [Bad Idea gave away my position, another barrage they missed.] They come to the bush …to see their victim…I see them…Goodbye.

Allen…
“Darn,” I back away, my friend is hit.
I fire another barrage into the bush. Slight movement to my right… now to my left… a rain of gunfire falls at me. I jump into a trench returning fire. “Where’s my support” I yell as pellets hit the ground around me.
“I’m here,” my friend yells as he jump’s into the trench.

Tom…
He’s got support now. He’s going to need it; my crosshair is lined up with his head. The scope suddenly goes black I look up to see an enemy looking at my location. He doesn’t see me in my camouflage, so he looks away. I shift my weight; he looks back and notices me, HEADSHOT.

Allen…
“What was that?” I yell as an ally hits the ground ahead of me.
In a bush where my ally was, I see the sunlight gleaming off something…a scope. I’m ready to fire when noise from behind me has me look away. An enemy squad has jumped into the trench and open fired on my friend and I. We take them out but my friend gets shot too. I turn towards the bush, gun at the ready, and notice no one’s there.

Tom…
I think he has seen me; oh well; that distraction has helped. There’s still firing in the distance I notice. Sixth Graders: no structure at all. The firing ceases; then, from behind a bush, I hear the click of a gun being loaded. I look carefully, pistol at the ready. Three sixth graders in the open, playing with their guns. I rustle the brush to get them to look; they do. I shoot one; one drops his gun; the other fires which would of taken me out. Too bad the safety was on. I shoot him, The last one shoots and misses, I break out of the bush and shoot him at point blank… he’s out. Sixth graders have no structure at all.

Allen…
I heard firing close by; a couple of kids walk out wearing a red flag, which meant that they were out. They say ten men ambushed them, but they say they took out seven of them. For some reason I don’t believe them. I look towards the trees and see a sniper watching me; I blink and he’s gone. I swear my heart’s going to stop. I fire into the air, There is a burst of air; then my gun falls to the floor. He is watching me; I grab my gun and walk forward.

Tom…
Where did he go? He’s probably searching for me. No more firing; I guess we are the last men standing. I climb down the tree and a pellet barely misses me. I turn to see an enemy fire at me. Lets just say I make him “MIA.” I turn and go to the final fight.

Allen…
Fear is gripping me I hear more firing. I turn and look: nothing there. I think I’m being hunted. I break into a run. I come to a clearing just the place for a fight. Wait, I hear something. I turn around, guns a blazin; no one’s there. I’m running low on ammo. A bush rustles behind me.
I turn to look, and someone rushes at me from behind, But how. The next thing I know, the cold barrel of a pistol is in my back…just great I’m out.

Yoela PLATINUM said...
Yoela PLATINUM, Seattle, Washington

"My powers stretch over the horizon and work even when my eyes are closed"

I love how the point of view changes!! Cool story!!

Dragonscribe BRONZE, West Lafayette, Indiana

"A Person's a Person no Matter how Small"
and
"A Rose by Any Other Name Would Smell as Sweet"
and
"God helps those who help themselves"

Oh, right. I guess that's obvious... I'm not much of an airsoft person! But yeah, that's pretty cool.

kc10 said...
on Jan. 2 2011 at 8:28 am
I think the author is describing an airsoft game. Airsoft guns have plastic pellets. There was teams and if you got hit, you were out. The team that took out the other team wins.

and
and
"God helps those who help themselves"

Cool! Is this like a game you play at school (with sixth graders) or is it a real-life war story? I liked it, but to me it was a little confusing. Could you please check out my work? It's been posted a while but no one's commented on it. Thanks!