Miles to Go by Miley Cyrus This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Miles to Go took me on a road trip through the life of a girl I thought I already knew everything about. Boy, was I wrong. With every sentence, I felt like Miley was talking to me, having a sister-to-sister chat. She wrote this book with her heart, and that is why it is so meaningful.

Miley is not a cookie-cutter celebrity, like many say. She knows where she came from and won’t forget it. She lives by her values and holds onto her strong faith.

Miley’s family is always her top priority. While she may be famous and live in L.A., who she is hasn’t changed. If her little sister, Noah, wants her to stay home and watch a movie, Miley will. Even if Miley gets invited to a celebrity party, it’s clear that she will choose her family first.

My favorite part of the book was when she talks about Vanessa, a girl who was, as Miley puts it, “the sister God forgot to give me.” Vanessa was a 9-year-old suffering from cystic fibrosis. Miley met her at a hospital and they became instant friends. Miley kept in contact with her family and often visited Vanessa at the hospital or called when she was on tour. One day Miley called only to find out that Vanessa’s time on Earth had ended. Miley was devastated. She immediately got off the tour bus and lay down in a frozen field. This was when Miley realized how much she had needed Vanessa, and how important it is to love every day and not take it for granted. This was just one of Miley’s many beautiful stories.

Somewhere between introducing us to Pappy Cyrus, who changed so many lives, learning to accept her “cankles,” and sharing her love for eating eggs with syrup, Miley connects with readers. For someone so young, Miley is one of the most brilliant people I have ever seen. Her fame hasn’t changed her; she stays grounded with the help of her family and her faith.

When this book came out, I became Miley’s number-one fan all over again. In reading Miles to Go, I felt like a part of the family.

cbear said...
any one could easily make themselves look good by publishing a book about themselves...including miley cyrus

cFoxx replied...
Andrnick, I sort of agree. If someone can write well about their feelings, they could make themselves sound like a super nice person or super mean person, which was probably what Miley's done. Jst reading her book is not the same as getting to know her.

bennyB said...
Nov. 22, 2009 at 8:34 am
first of all pop muic is not good. and mily cyrus is just awfull,her mussic and ehr show.

Melonn replied...
true that american pop music does suck and that miley is not my favorite but i think that she is still a child and needs love and effection

bennyB replied...
evryone need lovce and affection

Hannahnanna replied...
Dec. 16, 2009 at 1:25 am
Is there a point to your rudeness? If you don't like Miley Cyrus then why would you read a review about her, and then take the time to make a comment. Is it necessary? Not at all. You're obviously just looking for attention.

Andrnick replied...
Well, humans are naturally curious so we teens or college students would look at anything that could consume time effectivly.
We're protestors against her because I've seen her act (the other characters are funny) but miley ruins it.

shabam34 said...
Nov. 6, 2009 at 1:36 am
That review was really good. Christmas is coming up. You're review just convinced me to add that book to my list. It was really good. Im new on this site so can u answer a question? How long does it usually take an editor to get back to u on ur writing?

TaylorSwiftMusic4Life This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thanks! I'm glad I convinced you to buy it haha but it truly is an amazing read! You really see a different Miley than the Miley that everyone thinks they know. Um, as for your question, are you talking about how long it takes for editors to post your article on teenink after you submit it, or how long it takes an editor to reply to a question that you sent? If it's submitting an article, it could take up to a week, maybe more. I know that they get a lot of submissions, so it can take ... (more »)

liyah sharee replied...
Im noth the biggest fan of mileys but i like her book alot im really looking forward too reading this,all of my friends and family love her

Andrnick replied...
I've submitted 2 weeks ago and they've never responded.
Week by week slowly passes by, dead leaves fall on the ground, adventure springs at your nose, clouds turn white and black with a sight of heavan or destruction.

StarSister7 said...
hmmm, maybe i WILL read this book.

Nikkiboo said...
Hey in the book did it say anything about her latest obsession with "inapropiate" pictures??? I didn't think so, this book is just to glamourize her. All it says is good things, not true things.

epcelia replied...
Nov. 25, 2009 at 12:20 am
PSHHH TRUUE THATTTTT!

thea22 replied...
omgg ur right. miley is nothing but a spoiled teenager who doesn't have common sense

cFoxx replied...
Nikkiboo, you couldn't hae said it better. Halfway through this book, I suddenly realized that all it does it glamorize her...that was when I closed it with a BANG and chuked it in the dumpster...JUST KIDDING!

Abbey said...
Nice job! I'm totally going to borrow the book from you as soon as we have time away from homework.☺

SilverAngel replied...
Oct. 11, 2009 at 11:15 am
I'm so sad about Vanessa:( That is heart-breaking!

omgg said...
TeenInk.com/reviews/book_reviews/article/118208/miles-to-go/
this person totally plagiarized you, or the other way around!

Oh my goodness! Thank you so much for notifying me about this. I commented on the girl's article, warning her that I would let TeenInk know that she plagiarized me if she didn't take it off the site. This article is mine, I would never plagiarize. I have all the handwritten edits and revises that I made to it before putting it online and it was published in the magazine before this other girl even put it on here. She copied my article and pasted her name on it. Thank you for letting me... (more »)

Madi J. said...
hey well first off i want to say congrats because we read this in language arts today. so thts pretty cool to have a teacher share that with their class and then have us write a page about it. So props to u girlie! anyways i thought it was fantastic in language arts and now. yes i agree with people saying that maybe she isn't what she says she is but i know that if she were like that we would be hearing A LOT more about her.
When i read this book backstage during a performance for th... (more »)