Cupcake | Teen Ink

Cupcake

Cupcake
By: Rachel Cohn

A 17 year old girl named Cupcake moved to NYC to get a better education. She was living in SF and moved because of family problems. There she left her true love named Shrimp. Cupcake is in love with Cappuccinos, every day she has to have one from Starbucks or else she has a bad day. Cupcake is a junior at a HS.
Cupcake and her friends always talk about Shrimp and why had Cupcake left him so far away. Every time she complains and gets mad at her self because she left him. Cupcake and her friends are always at the cafeteria after school just to chat and to have a cappuccino and all the talk is about Shrimp. Cupcake thinks that her dad left home because of her. Mom blames her for that also.
In this book the author described how hard it is leaving someone special behind. The character has suffered a lot to be were she is.
“I think the saying is ‘Home is where the heart is.”
“There's too many fish in the sea.”
“Absence makes the heart grow fonder.”
This author did very well on describing the feelings of Cupcake. The few flashbacks he described thought out the story. The ending was ok, but you have to read it too to find out your opinion. This book has the same meaning as this book I read in 6th grade. It has the same theme and the same ending. The feelings about this book were really good because this story was better than others, just didn't like the ending because it was not what it was expected. This book is for teen girls how like to read love stories that are hard to forget. Also girl that are interested in girly books, here's one.

Rating: 4.5