Miles to Go by Miley Cyrus This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Miles to Go took me on a road trip through the life of a girl I thought I already knew everything about. Boy, was I wrong. With every sentence, I felt like Miley was talking to me, having a sister-to-sister chat. She wrote this book with her heart, and that is why it is so meaningful.

Miley is not a cookie-cutter celebrity, like many say. She knows where she came from and won’t forget it. She lives by her values and holds onto her strong faith.

Miley’s family is always her top priority. While she may be famous and live in L.A., who she is hasn’t changed. If her little sister, Noah, wants her to stay home and watch a movie, Miley will. Even if Miley gets invited to a celebrity party, it’s clear that she will choose her family first.

My favorite part of the book was when she talks about Vanessa, a girl who was, as Miley puts it, “the sister God forgot to give me.” Vanessa was a 9-year-old suffering from cystic fibrosis. Miley met her at a hospital and they became instant friends. Miley kept in contact with her family and often visited Vanessa at the hospital or called when she was on tour. One day Miley called only to find out that Vanessa’s time on Earth had ended. Miley was devastated. She immediately got off the tour bus and lay down in a frozen field. This was when Miley realized how much she had needed Vanessa, and how important it is to love every day and not take it for granted. This was just one of Miley’s many beautiful stories.

Somewhere between introducing us to Pappy Cyrus, who changed so many lives, learning to accept her “cankles,” and sharing her love for eating eggs with syrup, Miley connects with readers. For someone so young, Miley is one of the most brilliant people I have ever seen. Her fame hasn’t changed her; she stays grounded with the help of her family and her faith.

When this book came out, I became Miley’s number-one fan all over again. In reading Miles to Go, I felt like a part of the family.

beauty76k said...
Jul. 26, 2009 at 11:58 pm:
this is awesome wrote it really well at first it sounded like miley as well!!!!! check what i have writtin!

Melinda L. said...
Jul. 24, 2009 at 12:45 am:
I really REALLY want to read this book now. Thanks for a great review! :D

mybffismiley said...
Jul. 10, 2009 at 5:15 pm:
I loved you article.It is very well written.I might get this book for my birthday,but,we'll see.

♥D|annaa♥ said...
Jul. 4, 2009 at 6:59 pm:
Very nice article, wonderfully written, and it respects everyone's opinions while giving your own point of view. I love Miley, and I think that she should be respected more then she is.

Lilly343 said...
Jun. 30, 2009 at 1:30 pm:
I loved your article it was really nice i didn't know that miley cyrus wrote a book but now i do.I'll have to get it.

Valkyrie_123This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 22, 2009 at 1:40 pm:
ME TWO I HAVE TO READ IT AS WELL AND MILEY INSPIRES ME not that your artical didnt it was WONDERFUL!!!

HOPEMVP said...
May 4, 2009 at 4:36 pm:
I LOVED THIS REVIEW! I HAVE TOO READ THE BOOK AS WELL!