Miles to Go by Miley Cyrus MAG

By NoRulesJustWrite PLATINUM, Ada, Michigan
NoRulesJustWrite PLATINUM, Ada, Michigan

Stay happy, stay weird, and don't let anyone take away your smile.

Miles to Go took me on a road trip through the life of a girl I thought I already knew everything about. Boy, was I wrong. With every sentence, I felt like Miley was talking to me, having a sister-to-sister chat. She wrote this book with her heart, and that is why it is so meaningful.

Miley is not a cookie-cutter celebrity, like many say. She knows where she came from and won’t forget it. She lives by her values and holds onto her strong faith.

Miley’s family is always her top priority. While she may be famous and live in L.A., who she is hasn’t changed. If her little sister, Noah, wants her to stay home and watch a movie, Miley will. Even if Miley gets invited to a celebrity party, it’s clear that she will choose her family first.

My favorite part of the book was when she talks about Vanessa, a girl who was, as Miley puts it, “the sister God forgot to give me.” Vanessa was a 9-year-old suffering from cystic fibrosis. Miley met her at a hospital and they became instant friends. Miley kept in contact with her family and often visited Vanessa at the hospital or called when she was on tour. One day Miley called only to find out that Vanessa’s time on Earth had ended. Miley was devastated. She immediately got off the tour bus and lay down in a frozen field. This was when Miley realized how much she had needed Vanessa, and how important it is to love every day and not take it for granted. This was just one of Miley’s many beautiful stories.

Somewhere between introducing us to Pappy Cyrus, who changed so many lives, learning to accept her “cankles,” and sharing her love for eating eggs with syrup, Miley connects with readers. For someone so young, Miley is one of the most brilliant people I have ever seen. Her fame hasn’t changed her; she stays grounded with the help of her family and her faith.

When this book came out, I became Miley’s number-one fan all over again. In reading Miles to Go, I felt like a part of the family.

on Nov. 1 2011 at 5:22 pm
NintaiKyouboku BRONZE, Portland, Oregon

"To win you've got to enter first."

I liked this book, and this review was good. However, many celebrities use ghost writers, and it is very likely that Miley Cyrus used one too, so I must take the praise in the review with a grain of salt.

on Oct. 15 2011 at 1:12 pm
Bookworm1998 GOLD, Brampton, Other

Preserve your memories, keep them well; what you forget, you can never retell.

aw thanks :)

on Oct. 15 2011 at 1:12 pm
Bookworm1998 GOLD, Brampton, Other

yupyupyup! i still <3 her soo much!

on Oct. 15 2011 at 12:59 pm

thats nice and sweet comment me if u think bookworm1998 is nice

UR KWL

on Oct. 15 2011 at 12:54 pm
hey guys mileys a great person i luv her so much miles to go was great but sad wen venessa died ya reply if u luv miley

on Oct. 7 2011 at 9:31 am
LexieN14 BRONZE, Sheboygan, Wisconsin

fluffy muffins and bluffing muffins

Good job with this review

on Sep. 7 2011 at 9:11 am
SongAway BRONZE, Burton-Upon-trent, Other

"I need to find me a quote"??

Ghost writer?

on Aug. 22 2011 at 12:09 pm
Bookworm1998 GOLD, Brampton, Other

i really liked her book too! it was a great story to lie in bed with and to share with friends. i feel Miley really is a great person despite what the media is saying about her. even with all the rumours and stories about her flying about, i know that the down-to-earth girl that wrote this wonderful book is still with us.

on Aug. 2 2011 at 11:21 pm
EmptySoul SILVER, Milaca, Minnesota

No one can hurt me as much as I can hurt myself.

Well written, could be a little longer though.

Bambi67 SILVER said...
on Aug. 2 2011 at 11:11 am
Bambi67 SILVER, Chicago, Illinois

remember that the future comes one day at a time.
Dean Acheson

very nice!!

Brooke said...
on Jun. 29 2011 at 8:04 am
Ok this was the best comment i have read so far!!!! Its so true!!! 

on Jun. 25 2011 at 1:26 pm
Alex_Durham GOLD, Vineland, New Jersey

Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

I know that she wrote it because it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever and because that's how I would expect her to write it... haha. 

on Jun. 20 2011 at 3:56 am
WelshSam BRONZE, Caerphilly, Other

There are too many to choose from.

And you know this how...?

on Jun. 19 2011 at 8:25 pm
Alex_Durham GOLD, Vineland, New Jersey

I read the first couple paragraphs at my friends house - she had the book there and I was interested to see how it came out - and I didn't really understand what she was talking about. It made no sense, so I put it down. 

on May. 28 2011 at 9:35 pm
I read this book last year! i loved how Miley connected with the readers and i felt liek i knew her! The book was so well written and I felt as if I truley knew miley. And then she had the whole "PArty in the USA" and "Can't Be Tamed" episode, and I began to wonder how someone who wrote such a powerful personal narrative could double as a wild party girl. I think that Miley has changed alot in the past year, but we can all learn alot of Life Lessons from reading her story. Like To Kill A Mockingbird... :)

kelsee727 said...
on Apr. 27 2011 at 8:09 pm
kelsee727, The Plains, Ohio
I'm currently reading this book because of this review. So far I like her as a person, but I believe that she has not stuck to some things she said in her book. People make mistakes, but she said she keeps herself grounded and such. I kind of find that hard to believe, but other than that I love her story so far. I did not know she had been bullied and it shocks me. I wish she would start going back to make good decisions.

Me12 said...
on Apr. 26 2011 at 2:13 pm
Hey i feel sorry for Miley ya know

on Apr. 20 2011 at 3:57 pm
MyConstRuctd_IdentiTy SILVER, Chardon, Ohio

"One heartbeat."

"Our scars remind us of where we've been; they don't dictate where we're going."
-SSA David Rossi, Criminal Minds

I can judge her because I can. Because I just did. Seriously? Yeah, she did smoke. Yeah, half the people her age do, too, and yeah, they're all stupid. You know the one thing they all have in common because they all smoke? They all have early death wishes. Newsflash: Smoking isn't exactly great for your health. Not to mention, just because she's so famous and sings, doesn't mean I have to like her. You have your opinion, I have mine, don't be criticizing me for what I want to say about her. Judge her your own way if you don't like how I do.

on Apr. 19 2011 at 11:19 pm
lggirl13 BRONZE, Carefree, Arizona

"Be the change you wish to see in the World"-Ghandi
"Wisdom is more precious than rubies.

- Biblical Proverb, Proverbs 3:15

be the change you wish to see in this world- Ghandi

How can you judge someone when you don't even know the full story? So she smoked, so does half of the people her age. 

Sharni12 said...
on Apr. 18 2011 at 10:35 am
Omg Im a big fan of hannah montana/miley cyrus ive got this book im on page 12 at the moment so far the books fabulous and one day i really wanna see her im 12 years old and even when i get older i wont stop been her biggest fan in the whole wide worl i love you hannah montana / miley cyrus xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

SciArc

MacMillan Books

Aspiring Writer? Take Our Online Course!