Miles to Go by Miley Cyrus This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Miles to Go took me on a road trip through the life of a girl I thought I already knew everything about. Boy, was I wrong. With every sentence, I felt like Miley was talking to me, having a sister-to-sister chat. She wrote this book with her heart, and that is why it is so meaningful.

Miley is not a cookie-cutter celebrity, like many say. She knows where she came from and won’t forget it. She lives by her values and holds onto her strong faith.

Miley’s family is always her top priority. While she may be famous and live in L.A., who she is hasn’t changed. If her little sister, Noah, wants her to stay home and watch a movie, Miley will. Even if Miley gets invited to a celebrity party, it’s clear that she will choose her family first.

My favorite part of the book was when she talks about Vanessa, a girl who was, as Miley puts it, “the sister God forgot to give me.” Vanessa was a 9-year-old suffering from cystic fibrosis. Miley met her at a hospital and they became instant friends. Miley kept in contact with her family and often visited Vanessa at the hospital or called when she was on tour. One day Miley called only to find out that Vanessa’s time on Earth had ended. Miley was devastated. She immediately got off the tour bus and lay down in a frozen field. This was when Miley realized how much she had needed Vanessa, and how important it is to love every day and not take it for granted. This was just one of Miley’s many beautiful stories.

Somewhere between introducing us to Pappy Cyrus, who changed so many lives, learning to accept her “cankles,” and sharing her love for eating eggs with syrup, Miley connects with readers. For someone so young, Miley is one of the most brilliant people I have ever seen. Her fame hasn’t changed her; she stays grounded with the help of her family and her faith.

When this book came out, I became Miley’s number-one fan all over again. In reading Miles to Go, I felt like a part of the family.

hanna said...
i loved that review soo much i think it is heart warming

DiamondsIntheGrass This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 23, 2010 at 8:07 am:
very persuasive, but even if miley cyrus herself did write it, shes got people working behind the scenes that don't get any credit.  they edit her work and make sure she sounds amazing. but maybe ill borrow it and take a look at it.

Msrbl@Bst replied...
Oct. 1, 2010 at 8:27 pm :
I heard that! It was a great review :) Persuasive, but i don't think I'll ever read it only b/c I really can't stand Miley.

Blue4 said...

Nice review!

But... it is kind of difficult to judge whether a celbrity is "good" or "bad". Anybody would write a book about themselves saying what a great person he/she is. Then again, anybody would gossip about a celebrity saying what a terrible person he/she is.

blah100 said...
lol thats what i'm sayin. I mean most famous people like her paint a picture of how "nice" they are, or how "worried" they are of the earth. but to tell you the truth that is not the real Miley Cyrus. not saying that she is a completely revolting person that noone should like, i'm just sayin the book she wrote is only explaining half of her real life the rest is made-up stuff.

hotpinkcleats97 said...

i dont think thats nice

i wont to read the book now

ashbadash said...
haha I've never read this book, actually I've never heard about this book, but now I wanna go out and find it and read it!!! thx bunches

Amanda21 said...
Jul. 24, 2010 at 3:41 pm:
Your review is very persuasive!  If I hadn't already read this book I would want to run out to the bookstore at this very moment and buy the first copy i saw! But, Unfortunately I find Miley's book to be badly written and very superficial.  She says she loves god and wants everyone to be in touch with Jesus, but she doesn't recognize that her fans are all different races and religions.  She wrote this book with "closed eyes" in my opinion.

WritingLoverForever said...
Jul. 22, 2010 at 12:50 pm:
I totally agree with you. Miles to Go is an AMAZING book and Miley Cyrus is an AMAZING girl. Ever since the day her television show premiered (when I was in sixth grade) she has been my #1 celebrity. Just like you, I thought I knew everything about her but I was surprised several times throughout the book with things I never knew. She's such an influencel girl, and I'll always remain a faithful fan to her. :)

KandyMay said...
Jul. 21, 2010 at 7:35 pm:
Nice job on the review. It made me interested in reading this. =)

niesh13 said...
Jul. 2, 2010 at 7:34 pm:
Good Work :) . I Wanna Read The Book Nw.!!

lovetowriteandwatchTV said...
Jul. 2, 2010 at 11:45 am:
i haven't read the whole book, but you're right, now she's changing on the outside, but i'm sure her connection with her family will never leave her

ciarra. replied...
Jul. 2, 2010 at 2:27 pm :

can you read the book online

IAmMyself said...
Jun. 18, 2010 at 4:30 pm:
IVE ALWAYS THOUGHT OF HER AS A COOKIE CUTTER CELEB BUT THIS HAS INSPIRED ME TO READ THE BOOK

Diana101 said...
Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:02 pm:

I read this book for the first time last year. I was completly shocked at some of the things she went through as a girl!! I was also realized that she is a girl just like you and me:)

Great review!

hanna replied...
Aug. 26, 2010 at 7:35 pm :
i love miley cyrus she is a great person i want her to be my sister i love her she is cool sometimes when shes not doing bad stuff or being mean to other stars thats when i hate her the most cause shes not the only star i like i like other stars to like tylor swift and t pain and 50% and justin beaiber anyways i want to get her book soooooooooo bad i read that reveiw i loved it .

Ninja_Writer This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 2, 2010 at 6:02 pm:
I had never heard of this book until now... this rave review of it is inspiring! (Keep writing and reviewing- you're awesome at it!!!!!)

TaylorSwiftMusic4Life This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 2, 2010 at 6:39 pm :
Thank you so much!! Haha "rave review"!! You made my day!

hopesdreamspizza said...
May 29, 2010 at 8:50 am:
I lov this book!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

HOPEMVP said...
May 28, 2010 at 8:56 am:
cooool article