Miles to Go by Miley Cyrus This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Miles to Go took me on a road trip through the life of a girl I thought I already knew everything about. Boy, was I wrong. With every sentence, I felt like Miley was talking to me, having a sister-to-sister chat. She wrote this book with her heart, and that is why it is so meaningful.

Miley is not a cookie-cutter celebrity, like many say. She knows where she came from and won’t forget it. She lives by her values and holds onto her strong faith.

Miley’s family is always her top priority. While she may be famous and live in L.A., who she is hasn’t changed. If her little sister, Noah, wants her to stay home and watch a movie, Miley will. Even if Miley gets invited to a celebrity party, it’s clear that she will choose her family first.

My favorite part of the book was when she talks about Vanessa, a girl who was, as Miley puts it, “the sister God forgot to give me.” Vanessa was a 9-year-old suffering from cystic fibrosis. Miley met her at a hospital and they became instant friends. Miley kept in contact with her family and often visited Vanessa at the hospital or called when she was on tour. One day Miley called only to find out that Vanessa’s time on Earth had ended. Miley was devastated. She immediately got off the tour bus and lay down in a frozen field. This was when Miley realized how much she had needed Vanessa, and how important it is to love every day and not take it for granted. This was just one of Miley’s many beautiful stories.

Somewhere between introducing us to Pappy Cyrus, who changed so many lives, learning to accept her “cankles,” and sharing her love for eating eggs with syrup, Miley connects with readers. For someone so young, Miley is one of the most brilliant people I have ever seen. Her fame hasn’t changed her; she stays grounded with the help of her family and her faith.

When this book came out, I became Miley’s number-one fan all over again. In reading Miles to Go, I felt like a part of the family.

HOPEMVP said...
May 28, 2010 at 8:56 am
cooool article

HOPEMVP replied...
May 28, 2010 at 8:57 am
awsome cooool

inayat said...
May 27, 2010 at 6:38 am
She is a good writer. she has so many talents- here comes one more. and taylorSwiftmusic4life to writes so well. she inspires me . and u and i share some fav's!!!!!

TaylorSwiftMusic4Life This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oh my goodness, thank you so much! You made my day!! I'm glad I can inspire you (:

cFoxx said...

I thought your review was pretty well written and you gave a very thorough talk about the book, Miles to Go.

Here's my opinion on Miles to go:

I can't say Miley is a very good writer, because to tell the truth, I kinda don't think she is (sorry!) But the photos in the center of the book were pretty well photographed. Also, I did kinda think the book was a little discriminating against atheists. I mean, I'm the same religion as Miley, but I think everyone should be allowed t... (more »)

Thank you for taking your time to comment such a well-thought-out message (: I agree in that some of the stories could be dramatized, but I also think that it is important to grow from past experiences, so I don't think that necessarily forgetting all about your past is a good idea. I'm posting a new article that I wrote about how I now feel about Miley and the decisions she has been making recently. So, once the site "okays" it, it will be up and available to read. That article really... (more »)

cFoxx replied...
i agree. and i'll read your new article, cause you're a good writer.

Thanks (: I really appreciate it!

lol face 1000 said...
May 24, 2010 at 11:27 am
hannah montana died from cocane overdose

me123456 said...
May 12, 2010 at 9:09 am
tis gooooood .no??????

Sumana2 replied...
May 19, 2010 at 6:34 am
Tis very good

inayat replied...
May 27, 2010 at 6:39 am
yup too good :-)

Solnyshko This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

sheesh, people..we're here to discuss writing, not Miley Cyrus's personal life! She's a person, too. I don't think the author of this well-written article should have to defend the fact that she likes miley Cyrus.

A job well done on the article, I really enjoyed it.

P.S. This is coming from someone who is definitely not Miley's biggest  fan.

Thank you (:

inayat replied...
May 27, 2010 at 6:42 am
good thoughts man!

JCMerak This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

I like the review! I liked the book too! It was insightful into her life and I don't think this is something you can fudge. I don't think she wrote the book either, and it shows on the inside title page that the book was written by Hillary Liftin. Miley probably gave extensive input and facts to the writer and the writer made a story from the viewpoint of a teenager, but who's the bigger name? Of course, it's Miley, so respectably, her name came first. Why? This is an official book for h... (more »)

Thank you for your comment. I do disagree with you, however in one aspect. It shows on the title page of Miles to Go that it is "BY: Miley Cyrus, With: Hilary Liftin", not BY: Hilary Liftin. So, yes, Miley had help, but she's already proven her writing talent in her songwriting skills, so it isn't shocking that she wrote a book. I don't see why so many people are dissing her without even reading it. There is so much jealousy and hatred among people that goes along with Miley, but everyone... (more »)

JCMerak This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 28, 2010 at 10:57 am
Yes, I agree. Thank you for amending that.  I'm sure Miley did write the book, I think the thing I was trying to say though was that but that someone else wrote the body of it. Then again, maybe not. Maybe Liftin helped out in the literary aspect and just compiled it?? I don't know, and it really doesn't matter. . . It was a good book and your article was good too! Thanks! -JC

sad_toaster_made_of_glass said...
The review was well written, but I would never read the book. I can't stand Miley Cyrus. Nothing against the writter. It's just not my type of read.

booklover4ever said...
O my GOD. She did NOT write the book, she probably paid somebody to write it! Not to be mean or rude, but i cant believe you actually think she wrote it.

pokerface replied...
I agree. she definitely did not write it. its so obvious.