You & Me | Teen Ink

You & Me

By bluemagnet22 PLATINUM, Dearborn Hts, Michigan
bluemagnet22 PLATINUM, Dearborn Hts, Michigan

You were born an origanal why die a copy?The secret to success is the consistency to pursue.To the world you may be one person,but to one person you may be the world.To receive the right answer,you must ask the right question.Don't worry be happy! :)

I saw you today,
But you're not as I remember.
Your eyes no longer sparkle,
You've changed since last September.

You were so full of life,
Yet now you are so cold.
Your personality has tarnished,
When you once had a heart of gold.

You fell out of my life,
Just like leaves in the fall.
We were so very close,
Now you're not here at all.

You saw me today,
I'm the same as you remember.
My eyes still sparkle,
I've not changed since last September.

Isn't it so sad when you see an old friend and their whole personality and outlook on life has changed...and not for the good. Well that's what inspired me for this poem...I hope you enjoyed it

I'm so glad...that's the reason why I write 

I love knowing my poems are relatable...thank you!

Thank you :) :) :)

Thanx:) I'm glad you like it

I'm so glad...thank you!

Sad but true:/ this poem was written about my best friend in 7th grade so I guess it's pretty close to ur experience 

Thank you a bunch! :)

It happens too often...doesn't it?

Aw thank you so much:) It touches me to know when someone relates to a poem I've wrote:) thanx again:)

Thank you:) It truly joys me to know when I've touched someone:) I'm so glad you n your friend found your way back to each other:)

Ya it's a sad change that we all face in life. I guess good writers think alike lol

bbygurl21 PLATINUM, Boston, Massachusetts

sticks n stones my brick my bones but words cant

i love this poem so much its amazing

cheytylemae. BRONZE, Sherwood, Arkansas

"Two hopeful hearts, two lands apart. Together there's no end to what our dream can start.”
- Pocahontas

i can relate to this,
and i love it.

Deiyjuan GOLD said...
Deiyjuan GOLD, St. Petersburg, Florida

"Life is poetry, so the different experiences I go through in life are my poems." - Deiyjuan Christie

I love this. I can relate.

SaltwaterRoom PLATINUM, Scottsdale, Arizona

"Everything you do will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it."

LOVE! *****

Hippiechick10 SILVER, One Stoplight Town, Connecticut

Those who deny freedom to others , deserve it not for themselves. (Abe Lincoln)

Really amazing! Very true.

CourtneyLou BRONZE, SLIDELL, Louisiana

Some would rather be miserable then risk being happy ~Robert Anthony

One of my Favorites :)

Someone_Who_Is_Loved GOLD, Mount Forest, Other

This quote is one I made up.....
"You can't climb a mountian without a harness." It means that you can't go where you want to get in life without the help of your friends or family.

I can totally relate to this. Many friends of mine have changed and ditched me. They turned to drugs, and sex. I didn't want any part of that, so in reality, I ditched them.

Angel1932 PLATINUM, Antioch, California

"Love can touch us one time and last for a lifetime" ~ Celine Dion
"If you're going to pray don't worry... if you're going to worry don't pray." ~ Mariah Carey

This poems represents me and an elementary friend, this is so true... but its sad.

ForeverandAlways123 GOLD, Davenport, Florida

thesweetest b**** youll eva meet

I love this poem its amazing! :) <3