You & Me | Teen Ink

You & Me

By bluemagnet22 PLATINUM, Dearborn Hts, Michigan
bluemagnet22 PLATINUM, Dearborn Hts, Michigan

You were born an origanal why die a copy?The secret to success is the consistency to pursue.To the world you may be one person,but to one person you may be the world.To receive the right answer,you must ask the right question.Don't worry be happy! :)

I saw you today,
But you're not as I remember.
Your eyes no longer sparkle,
You've changed since last September.

You were so full of life,
Yet now you are so cold.
Your personality has tarnished,
When you once had a heart of gold.

You fell out of my life,
Just like leaves in the fall.
We were so very close,
Now you're not here at all.

You saw me today,
I'm the same as you remember.
My eyes still sparkle,
I've not changed since last September.

Isn't it so sad when you see an old friend and their whole personality and outlook on life has changed...and not for the good. Well that's what inspired me for this poem...I hope you enjoyed it

Sliva23 BRONZE said...
on Jul. 4 2010 at 8:44 am
Sliva23 BRONZE, Melbourne, Other

Love to faults is always blind, always is to joy inclined. Lawless, winged, and unconfined, and breaks all chains from every mind.

That reminded me of a really close friend of mine and now we're growning apart

Elizabeth_Pipko SILVER, New York, New York

Adversity causes some to break, others to break records.

That was really beautiful. I have had the same thing happen to me and you reaqlly were able to describe the exact way that i felt. You were able to describe true feeling, within just a few words, THAT my friend is a true poet

Love_with_no_Heart BRONZE, San Antonio, Texas
i love this sooo much. it touched me. it really did. i had just wrote a poem about the exact same thing. A good friend of mine changed after a we didnt talk for a while, but it was just that he was hurting as much as i was and he changed. but fortunately it all fell back together again. i hope it does the samewith you and your friend

Liz891 PLATINUM, Endwell, New York

I don't know what to write here. :D
P.S. I'm really hyper!!!!!!!!!!

That is just too true. I love the poem!!! It's amazing!!!

on Jun. 23 2010 at 11:03 am

Thank you so much:)

on Jun. 22 2010 at 10:08 am
yellow22 BRONZE, Fair Lawn, New Jersey
This is amazing and very relatable!

on Jun. 21 2010 at 11:16 am

Thank you and yes I will def check out your work!

on Jun. 21 2010 at 11:14 am

thanx:):):)

on Jun. 21 2010 at 11:13 am

Sadly too many people relate to this poem...I just wish people would learn to stay true to themself and not conform into someone else. I'm glad you liked my poem tho...and I'll def check out your work:)

on Jun. 21 2010 at 11:09 am

Thank you:):)

on Jun. 21 2010 at 11:09 am

Thank you:) In writing I always hope to be relatable...lol

on Jun. 21 2010 at 11:07 am

Thank you:)

I'm sorry that you're having to go through this also...it's never fun to see someone change right in front of your eyes and not knowing what to do about it.

Oh I'm sure your sonnet is as good and prolly better:) Don't sell yourself short I bet you're an amazing writer;)

ShenelleCrystal SILVER, M, New York

Laugh your heart out dance in the rain cherish the memories ignore the pain love + learn forget and forgive because remember you only have [one life to live] ♥

That was so good !  Don't ever stop  writing :)

Please come and check out my poems [comment or rate] Thank u

love2run GOLD said...
love2run GOLD, Star Valley, Wyoming

"I failed my way to success." Thomas Edison
"What kind of crazy nut would spend two or three hours a day just running?" Pre
"A ship in harbor is safe, but that's not what ships are built for." John Shedd

great job!!

Striker GOLD said...
Striker GOLD, Wichita, Kansas

"Life is too short to wake up with regrets. So love the people who care about you and forget about those who don't."

I know how you feel to have an old friend change for the worse. Very sad. I love the poem. Read my stuff?

DaiJanai2013 BRONZE, San Bernardino, California

"When you meet a new person the first thing they know about is your name …. and the first thing they’ll remember about you is how you carried it"- Dai janai Yarber

Its Beautiful !!! :-)

LaughingGirl GOLD, Ocala, Florida

Play the music not the instrument. -Author Unknown

I like this poem a lot because it is so relatable. I love it, and it is so unique yet, as said before, relateable

Alice_in_Wonderland GOLD, San Clemente, California

“I could give up, I could stay stuck, or I could move on, So I put one foot front of the other, No no no nothing’s gonna break my stride, “ –David Archuleta (The Other Side of Down)

You're sooooo welcome!

RosyOptimism DIAMOND, Coronado, California
Wow, this is really great. It really applies to my friend and I; she has changed so much (not for the better). Anyway, you are inspiring (I am writing a sonnet at the moment, but it is not half as good as yours.

on Jun. 2 2010 at 11:16 am

Thank you sooooooooo very much:)