You & Me | Teen Ink

You & Me

By bluemagnet22 PLATINUM, Dearborn Hts, Michigan
bluemagnet22 PLATINUM, Dearborn Hts, Michigan

You were born an origanal why die a copy?The secret to success is the consistency to pursue.To the world you may be one person,but to one person you may be the world.To receive the right answer,you must ask the right question.Don't worry be happy! :)

I saw you today,
But you're not as I remember.
Your eyes no longer sparkle,
You've changed since last September.

You were so full of life,
Yet now you are so cold.
Your personality has tarnished,
When you once had a heart of gold.

You fell out of my life,
Just like leaves in the fall.
We were so very close,
Now you're not here at all.

You saw me today,
I'm the same as you remember.
My eyes still sparkle,
I've not changed since last September.

Isn't it so sad when you see an old friend and their whole personality and outlook on life has changed...and not for the good. Well that's what inspired me for this poem...I hope you enjoyed it

on Aug. 18 2010 at 12:10 am

it's ok...i've come to terms with the fact that we'll never be the way we were and I only hope the best for her life.

Good luck to you and your friends, I truly hope all goes well:)

on Aug. 18 2010 at 12:08 am

Thaaaaaaaaank You sooooooooo much!lol Ya i sometimes think this poem is sadly to relatable...people shouldn't so often change for the worse

on Aug. 18 2010 at 12:07 am

Thanx:) I've never had someone tell me my poem was smartly written before lol

on Aug. 18 2010 at 12:06 am

Thank u:) ya we all change so much through life as we mature and grow...I just wish more of us would change for the better ya kno

cupcake420 BRONZE, Hdj, Texas

THe best thing you can do for the person you love is to let them go .. and if they come back then you know i was ment to be :)

i love this so much it just makes you relize how much people change threw out your life ... love ittt :)

Danny5 BRONZE said...
Danny5 BRONZE, East Norwich, New York

"All things dear disappear."

this is great! so true and smartly written

Amieee said...
on Aug. 17 2010 at 3:07 am
i loooooooovveeeeeeeeeeeeeee this~~~~~  ><  i feel the same with some of my old friends

J.C.Evans GOLD said...
J.C.Evans GOLD, Westland, Michigan
I very much agree with u sweet.tart!

DaydreamBeliever GOLD, Lockport, Other

If you live to be one hundred, I want to live to be one hundred minus one day, so that I'll never have to live without you. -Winnie the Pooh

oh, im sorry:( that was like my best friend too. she had a lot of family problems, and i was always there. but then last september she realized that she could fit in with people cooler than me. she still came to me when she needed me, but never any other time. we used to call each other sisters, too, but now i describe her the way you just described this girl. i understand, im sorry :(

That stinks two at once huh. well, maybe they turn their life around together since that's the way they seem to do it.  For me, it was a best friend. She lived with me for 3months while her mom was in hospice with cancer. We became like sisters(possible closer) but when her mom was miraculously cured from cancer, the girl grew distant. We stayed friends for a few more months yet it wasn't the same. Before i knew it, she was a whole new person, hateful, selfish, and opposite from the girl i called my sister. 5 years later and we still don't talk, an occassional hello when we cross paths but besides that she's just cold...

Thaaaank you sooooooooo much! lol

DaydreamBeliever GOLD, Lockport, Other

yeah... well for me it was an ex boyfriend and a best friend who hated each other, but were so much alike. They weren't great people before, but they were just lovable, you know? now they're both still so much alike, but completely different than what they were.

DaydreamBeliever GOLD, Lockport, Other

yeah... well for me it was an ex boyfriend and a best friend who hated each other, but were so much alike. They weren't great people before, but they were just lovable, you know? know they're both still so much alike, but completely different than what they were.

Zachattack said...
Looooove the poem!

sweet.tart said...

What an inspiring poem!

I believe that the underlying message is that no matter how your friends change or tarnish away you can remain true to yourself!

Bluemagnet, I don't know if that is what you were trying to say or if you were simply longing for your friend, but I do know that you are wonderful for empowering teenagers to not follow what the crowd or their best friend is fading into!

Mandii891 said...

What a true poem...

I love how it was written!

Thank you:)

Ya it is so amazing how a person can do a complete 180 in a matter of a year or sometimes even less...it's amazing how much u change thro your life...I just wish pple would change for the better rather than the worse(which seems to be the majority)

on Aug. 13 2010 at 11:57 am
DaydreamBeliever GOLD, Lockport, Other

i love it! this was written very well and about something many people can relate to. ive been going through this with the two people who meant more to me than anything a year ago.

Goooooooooooo Michigan!!!!! lol

Well, thank you so much!

I'm glad you appreciate the simplicity of my poem. I have tried in the past to use fancy words but I just feel like I lose me when I do...I guess I'm just not eloquent...lol..but hooray to everyone who is!lol