You & Me | Teen Ink

You & Me

By bluemagnet22 PLATINUM, Dearborn Hts, Michigan
bluemagnet22 PLATINUM, Dearborn Hts, Michigan

You were born an origanal why die a copy?The secret to success is the consistency to pursue.To the world you may be one person,but to one person you may be the world.To receive the right answer,you must ask the right question.Don't worry be happy! :)

I saw you today,
But you're not as I remember.
Your eyes no longer sparkle,
You've changed since last September.

You were so full of life,
Yet now you are so cold.
Your personality has tarnished,
When you once had a heart of gold.

You fell out of my life,
Just like leaves in the fall.
We were so very close,
Now you're not here at all.

You saw me today,
I'm the same as you remember.
My eyes still sparkle,
I've not changed since last September.

Isn't it so sad when you see an old friend and their whole personality and outlook on life has changed...and not for the good. Well that's what inspired me for this poem...I hope you enjoyed it

on May. 30 2010 at 7:43 pm
Alice_in_Wonderland GOLD, San Clemente, California

“I could give up, I could stay stuck, or I could move on, So I put one foot front of the other, No no no nothing’s gonna break my stride, “ –David Archuleta (The Other Side of Down)

I agree! It's so annoying how people will act one way and act like they like you then say they don't and act like a jerk!

J.C.Evans GOLD said...
on May. 29 2010 at 3:58 pm
J.C.Evans GOLD, Westland, Michigan
Oh how I do love this poem...it's so true and has such nice rhyme and flow! 

on May. 29 2010 at 3:42 pm

Aw I'm sorry that you don't like it...but thank you for your opinion...n ya maybe you might wana check out the rest of my work lol

on May. 29 2010 at 3:38 pm

Dreamer, my love and passion is writing. It gives me the opportunity to put my past experiences into poetry which my one day encourage others. It fulfills me to know that something I wrote touched someone's life. I do like the compliments, yet i honestly do enjoy the constructive criticism because it helps me to build upon my original piece which leads to an improved poem. I do not want my butt kissed, my ear tickled, or to be glorified. I'm not writing for my own pleasure...I write for others and I do love knowing when someone's life has touched. So normally I would thank you for your opinion, but there was nothing constructive about your words, they were simply filled with hate. I am sorry that you feel that, yet next time I would appreciate something constructive rather than empty words...

on May. 29 2010 at 3:23 pm

Thank you so much...it isn't the criticism that bothers me you know it's those mean uncalled for words...becuase i honestly do enjoy constructive criticism because then I can build upon it and improve...So thank you so much for defending me:) Know i have ur back also:)

on May. 29 2010 at 3:16 pm

What's the title of ur poem...i wana read it lol n thanx

on May. 29 2010 at 11:14 am
SarClark BRONZE, NC, Connecticut
Yes, but what you first said was not criticism. It wasn't exactly spite, but there was absolutely no need to say 'I threw up' or 'there's probably a reason they haven't seen you since last September'. You know? I'm glad you're honest, since that irks me too, but that was not a needed comment.

on May. 28 2010 at 9:53 pm
Ink_Stained_Fingers BRONZE, Coeur D&#39Alene, Idaho

If love isn't a game, how come all I'm seeing are players?

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I'm not.

Micheal, close your mouth! We are not a codfish!
~Mary Popp

wow, i really can relate to this: especially since i wrote a poem very similar.

its very simple, but it conveys all that pain of knowing someone will never be the same, and wishing you could go back in time.

so sad...

on May. 28 2010 at 4:18 pm
avidDreamwriter BRONZE, Ridgeville, South Carolina

"Not all those who wander are lost"- J.R.R. Tolkein's Lord of The Rings

I wouldn't like it if someone called my work bad, but I would like it because it's criticism, not the butt kissing you find everywhere. It also lets me know that I need to work on the piece. :)

on May. 27 2010 at 4:12 pm
SarClark BRONZE, NC, Connecticut

Amazing, and my congratulations. But please, think about how you make this writer feel. Why would you leave a comment like that? 

I'm sorry I called you that, it's just so disrespectful to leave comments down. She must have really taken a blow from that. 

I'm positive you wouldn't like it if someone declared your work bad. 

on May. 26 2010 at 5:01 pm

Hey, I'm trying to get a piece on the site. I joined a few days ago, and I have to say, I write, but I haven't tried to put anything on the site until recently. Besides, it has to go throug the editors first. And yes, I've got talent because I'm in an arts program for Creative Writing. So, until I have approval from the editors, I won't have anything up.

on May. 26 2010 at 4:51 pm
SarClark BRONZE, NC, Connecticut

Blue, I really know how that feels. Please know that your writing is brilliant and it really touched my heart. Be proud that you have critics. Unfair critisism means jealousy... and that's how good you are. I don't know what came over these awful people, but I'm sure they can't write like you can. 

This poem is relatable, and it's far from garbage. Please continue writing. 

on May. 26 2010 at 11:00 am

Thank you misswindsor :)

on May. 26 2010 at 10:58 am

Thank you...wow I've never had haters before n it rly hurts...writing is my love n passion n it sucks to see my love being shredded by hateful words...i know not everyone will enjoy my poetry but at least they could refrain from saying such mean things...

on May. 26 2010 at 10:53 am

Thanx:) I'm glad u like it:)

on May. 26 2010 at 10:52 am

Thank you very much:)

on May. 26 2010 at 10:52 am

Thanx:) Yep michigan's my home:) 

on May. 26 2010 at 10:51 am

Aw thank you so much:) I was actually feeling quite down about some of the others comments...I've never had any haters before...but thank u so much for your encouragement I needed it:)

ace212 BRONZE said...
on May. 25 2010 at 1:24 pm
ace212 BRONZE, Fredonia, Arizona
This poem, well to sum it up, is amazing! keep up the good work and don't let what others have to say get you down. They are just jealous they can't write as good as you.

lillypop said...
on May. 24 2010 at 8:17 pm
lillypop, Pleasant Hill, California

"your only as tall as your heart will let you be, and your only as small as the world will make you seem." -on the brightside by nevershoutnever/christofer drew

that was beautiful <3