You & Me | Teen Ink

You & Me

By bluemagnet22 PLATINUM, Dearborn Hts, Michigan
bluemagnet22 PLATINUM, Dearborn Hts, Michigan

You were born an origanal why die a copy?The secret to success is the consistency to pursue.To the world you may be one person,but to one person you may be the world.To receive the right answer,you must ask the right question.Don't worry be happy! :)

I saw you today,
But you're not as I remember.
Your eyes no longer sparkle,
You've changed since last September.

You were so full of life,
Yet now you are so cold.
Your personality has tarnished,
When you once had a heart of gold.

You fell out of my life,
Just like leaves in the fall.
We were so very close,
Now you're not here at all.

You saw me today,
I'm the same as you remember.
My eyes still sparkle,
I've not changed since last September.

Isn't it so sad when you see an old friend and their whole personality and outlook on life has changed...and not for the good. Well that's what inspired me for this poem...I hope you enjoyed it

BabyGurl said...
on Aug. 11 2010 at 3:17 pm
That poem is SO TRUE about  my Ex!

on Aug. 10 2010 at 2:42 pm
docta_rini SILVER, Detroit, Michigan
YUP:) I dnt kno why people be hating on Michigan.

Jacee007 GOLD said...
on Aug. 9 2010 at 6:12 pm
Jacee007 GOLD, Westland, Michigan

Today is the Tomorrow you were worrying about Yesterday. The journey of a lifetime begins with one single step. Negativity is the downfall of dreams. It's not the quantity of friends that matters it's the quality.

It is so nice that you reply to your comments! and they are not just a bunch of simply thank u's

Jacee007 GOLD said...
on Aug. 9 2010 at 6:11 pm
Jacee007 GOLD, Westland, Michigan

Me three lol go Michigan!!!!!!!!!!

Jacee007 GOLD said...
on Aug. 9 2010 at 6:10 pm
Jacee007 GOLD, Westland, Michigan

I year and a half and you r alrdy this good...wow that's true talent!

Jacee007 GOLD said...
on Aug. 9 2010 at 6:08 pm
Jacee007 GOLD, Westland, Michigan

Oh my this is such an amazing poem!!! But I agree I'm not sure it's a sonnet but who says that really even matters lol

Jacee007 GOLD said...
on Aug. 9 2010 at 6:07 pm
Jacee007 GOLD, Westland, Michigan

Oh I so agree! Some of the smaller poems on this site are the best...I think you sometimes lose the magic in a poem with too much length...but this truly is a great poem!

Jacee007 GOLD said...
on Aug. 9 2010 at 6:03 pm
Jacee007 GOLD, Westland, Michigan

It is so nice that you write for the pleasure of others!

Jacee007 GOLD said...
on Aug. 9 2010 at 6:02 pm
Jacee007 GOLD, Westland, Michigan

Wow...most definitly the right word for this poem! Amazingly wonderful!!!!!!!!

on Aug. 9 2010 at 5:59 pm

Wow,this is such a good piece!

The words all blend so well and the rhyme fits just right not too overbearing like some poems can be...

Even tho there isn't any eloquent words the poem isn't at all amature or cheesy. It is very beautifully written! 

Very well done I enjoyed reading your work!

J.C.Evans GOLD said...
on Aug. 9 2010 at 5:43 pm
J.C.Evans GOLD, Westland, Michigan
I love this site and your work lol I'm amazed how many people I've found on here that live in our general area lol guess there's alot of talemt in Michigan...!?! :p

Shweta SILVER said...
on Aug. 7 2010 at 12:43 am
Shweta SILVER, Saharsa, Other
You are welcome

on Aug. 6 2010 at 11:40 am

Thanks JC! Ya it's funny how many pple on here I've made friends with lol

J.C.Evans GOLD said...
on Aug. 5 2010 at 8:39 pm
J.C.Evans GOLD, Westland, Michigan
No matter how many times I read this poem I still find it amazing! I love your work and am so glad we became friends! :)

on Aug. 5 2010 at 12:26 pm

Wow, your comment is so fulfilling! No one has every left a comment like yours! Thank you:)

Alexx452 said...
on Aug. 4 2010 at 4:43 pm
I love this poem. It is so unique in how raw it is...you can feel the writers emotion as these thoughts filled her mind. I believe the first four lines are the best but how the last four mirror the first completes the poem and adds just the right twist. Amazing work bluemagnet22! You will go far!

on Aug. 4 2010 at 4:29 pm

Thank you so much! It thrills me to know my poem touched you...that is the purpose behind my writing. I will def check out your work and u will have to let me know when more are approved!

on Aug. 4 2010 at 4:27 pm

Thank you so much:) I agree capturing the right flow is one of the hardest things...you can have a great idea or inspiration for a poem but if the flow it just doesn't go as well. But I am sure you are just under estamating urself!

Shweta SILVER said...
on Aug. 4 2010 at 9:12 am
Shweta SILVER, Saharsa, Other
I like this very much.Its touched my soul.You really are a very good poet.I wish I could write something as good as this.Can you check my work please.It will mean alot to me if you comment on mine.I've got only one poem right now because many are pending approval.

on Aug. 4 2010 at 3:50 am
lizzie.rose. BRONZE, Lake Tapps, Washington
i really liked your poem, and i can relate very well to it, it flowed and i love how it rhymed .. which i cannot do. well, keep up the good work! its fantastic, (: