You & Me | Teen Ink

You & Me

By bluemagnet22 PLATINUM, Dearborn Hts, Michigan
bluemagnet22 PLATINUM, Dearborn Hts, Michigan

You were born an origanal why die a copy?The secret to success is the consistency to pursue.To the world you may be one person,but to one person you may be the world.To receive the right answer,you must ask the right question.Don't worry be happy! :)

I saw you today,
But you're not as I remember.
Your eyes no longer sparkle,
You've changed since last September.

You were so full of life,
Yet now you are so cold.
Your personality has tarnished,
When you once had a heart of gold.

You fell out of my life,
Just like leaves in the fall.
We were so very close,
Now you're not here at all.

You saw me today,
I'm the same as you remember.
My eyes still sparkle,
I've not changed since last September.

Isn't it so sad when you see an old friend and their whole personality and outlook on life has changed...and not for the good. Well that's what inspired me for this poem...I hope you enjoyed it

Aliah said...
on Sep. 30 2010 at 8:45 am
hmmm.... it hurts so much when a loved one changes so much that they no longer seem to be the same person.... :(

Dragonscribe BRONZE, West Lafayette, Indiana

"A Person's a Person no Matter how Small"
and
"A Rose by Any Other Name Would Smell as Sweet"
and
"God helps those who help themselves"

This is one of the best poems I've ever read. Well, maybe that's an exaggeration, but it is wonderful! It is strange when you meet up with people you haven't seen in years and the things you valued you them for no longer exist.

karan said...
on Sep. 26 2010 at 2:21 am
ya....dis is so true...........people so mean........

CammyLashay SILVER, Java, Virginia

Failure is not for me.

This makes me think of an person in my life who also walked away now he just seem so dead to this world

silence-is-loud GOLD, Chicago, Illinois

FLOAT LIKE A BUTTERFLY, STING LIKE A BEE- MUHAMMID ALI

this poem is unbelievably relatable....

JaRenee333 said...
on Sep. 13 2010 at 7:44 am
I can truly relate to this poem because i have had family members and friends turn on me for the worst, and just like you felt i felt the same way. It really hurts to see someone you love or actually care about as a person change on you and you don't even know why. This was a really good poem. I loved the flow of it too.

Well, I'm sorry that you can relate, too many of us have this happen in our life at one point or another whether it's by a family member, friend, or lover.

Yes, ofcoarse I'll read your stuff lol n I'll comment too!:)

Thank you:) I truly appreciate the comment!

I have a poem that relates to that also and it is called Lost In Love, you might enjoy that one too

It's always horrible when someone changes but I truly believe it's worse when they alter themself to please of simply boy/girl that will never care about them as much as the family and friends they forsake to date "this special someone." I'm sorry that you have experienced this alos.

It's like they are blinded by their own lie. Thank you so much, I am so glad that you enjoyed my poem

Unfortunatly too many people understand this poem...I just wish people would only change for the good

People changing is really just a part of maturing, the real thing that matters is whether it was for the good or for the bad. I'm glad you enjoyed it:) Thank u:)

syed954 BRONZE said...
syed954 BRONZE, Coral Springs, Florida
I can relate to this poem a lot. There are so many people I used to be friends with that I just feel sorry for now. lol. Can you read some of my stuff?

Crispy said...
on Sep. 8 2010 at 7:56 am
Crispy, Spotsylvania, Virginia
I really enjoyed this poem because people can relate to it and understand what you are feeling and writing about.

on Sep. 8 2010 at 7:13 am
the_real_reggie_rocket BRONZE, Spostylvania, Virginia

"I like to move it, move it."-Anonymous

Sometimes I wish I had my old friend back. They started dating someone who was completely wrong for them, and since then she has changed forever.

SamandChloe said...
I to have had people in my life change for the worse, but the sad part is that they never realize that they have changed at all. I love how you put your feelings into such a strong poem. 

nancyyy BRONZE said...
on Sep. 1 2010 at 7:53 am
nancyyy BRONZE, Spotsylvania, Virginia

"The bigger the dreams, the smaller the competition"

I understand this poem and how someone you used to be close with fades away and then the next time you see them they are a totally different person. And you wonder what happened.

wow, this really made me think about how everyone has changed these past few years. great poem, i enjoyed it. you're a great writer.

on Aug. 20 2010 at 11:20 am
Unknown_listener PLATINUM, Lehi, Utah

Love me and the world is mine <3
I don't heart you I circle you because circles last forever!
"I can get hearing aids, but you'll always be an idiot !" by: Grandma

for a couple yrs now and im still not that great but i love writing so i learn how to do better and keep it up! :D