These games | Teen Ink

These games

By hannahbee7 DIAMOND, Boca Raton, Florida
hannahbee7 DIAMOND, Boca Raton, Florida

"You know you’re a writer if your friend tells you a heartbreaking story and your first reaction is – wow, that would make an incredible plot for a novel. You know you’re a smart writer if you manage to keep that reaction to yourself."

I think we're all just crazy
stuck playing these tough games
Alive with fear and hatred
and living off of pain

We run and run in ciricles
no one breaking out
we haven't moved a meter
our hearts are fraught with doubt

We run until we're broken
and know we can't survive
our weakend hearts still beating
are keeping us alive

I have lots of feeling in this poem

lovejoyce_ said...
on Oct. 24 2013 at 12:41 am
lovejoyce_, Fremont, California

“I have been a selfish being all my life, in practice, though not in principle. As a child I was taught what was right, but I was not taught to correct my temper. I was given good principles, but left to follow them in pride and conceit. Unfortunately an only son (for many years an only child), I was spoilt by my parents, who, though good themselves (my father, particularly, all that was benevolent and amiable), allowed, encouraged, almost taught me to be selfish and overbearing; to care for none beyond my own family circle; to think meanly of all the rest of the world; to wish at least to think meanly of their sense and worth compared with my own. Such I was, from eight to eight and twenty; and such I might still have been but for you, dearest, loveliest Elizabeth! What do I not owe you! You taught me a lesson, hard indeed at first, but most advantageous. By you, I was properly humbled. I came to you without a doubt of my reception. You showed me how insufficient were all my pretensions to please a woman worthy of being pleased.”

this is one of the most beautiful things I have ever read

EllieHeart said...
EllieHeart, Tempe, Arizona

"Pay no attention to what the critics say; no statue has ever been erected to a critic."

~Jean Sibelius

Really loved this! Would you mind checking out my poem Siren Lies? I'd really love your feedback! Thanks!

LearnLoveLaugh SILVER, Spokane, Washington

"I always knew looking back on the tears would make me laugh, but I never knew looking back on the laughs would make me cry." by Unknown

I really liked this(: it's emotion-filled and honest!

arharrison GOLD, Girardville, Pennsylvania

"Friendship is love with out his wings!" "never leave the one you love,for the one you like."

I loved...!

UnderstandMEClearlyNOW PLATINUM, Fayetteville, North Carolina

Imperfection is beauty; Madness is genius. It is better to be absolutely ridiculous then totally boring~~Marlin Monroe

its good but its not a sonnet a sonnet is 14 lines and to make it a sonnet u add a stanza of 2 lines to ur other 3 stanzas of 4 lines. Thats the english sonnet. There is also the italian sonnet and I do believe it is a sonnet divided into 2 lines per stanza. I can't remember then a regular sonnet is 14 lines :) I rly like where u are going with this poem

on Apr. 6 2010 at 4:10 am
Love it, Mate.

AlexandraRose BRONZE, Port Hardy, Other
Wow. That is the only word i can use to describe this poem, wow. So beatiful! So descriptive! Just wow!

Saira Ishtar said...
Oh wow! This is a wonderful poem!

Jersey Girl said...
I give this Sonnet a rating of 5 stars.

hannahbee7 DIAMOND, Boca Raton, Florida

Thank you so much!

cheyb88 SILVER said...
cheyb88 SILVER, Saint Joseph, Missouri

The lunatic, the lover, the poet, are of imagination of all compact. -William Shakespeare

So don't worry, because I am with you. Don't be afraid, because I am your God. I will make you strong and will help you. I will support you with my right hand that saves you.
Isaiah 41:10

"Expectation is the root of all headaches"- William Shakespeare

"Here take my Elmo" -Chloe'

“If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, its yours forever. If it doesn’t, then it was never meant to be.”

Wow! Great poem! Personally i always thought sonets where super hard but great job! Gold star!