Daddy's Womb | Teen Ink

Daddy's Womb MAG

i asked my father if i could swim,
and he said that i would drown.
The Sea would imprison me – he said
if my feet had left the ground.

So i walked out to the water,
and cried out – how ’bout now!
He said, a little bit further, Son,
and then you’ll leave the ground.

i stepped on sand then stone,
from hollow ground to sturdy.
The sky was at my level as I
gazed at the birdie.

The Sea brought me a new idea,
the urge to flee to the high.

i asked my Father if i could fly,
and he said, sure, Son – go try.

i jumped as high as i could.
Still, i landed on the ground.
i saw my Father pull on a chain,
then i knew that i was bound.

HitTheSkyline BRONZE, Tool, Texas

Sometimes you put walls up not to keep people out, but see who cares enough to break the down.

I love it. I think personally, it's beautiful.

BooBoo95 SILVER, Spencer, West Virginia

-I'm probably the coolest dork you'll ever meet.
-I'm 99% sure he doesn't like me, it's that 1% that keeps me hanging on.
-The woman came from a mans rib, not from his feet to be walked on,not from his head to be superior, but from the side to be equal, under the arm to be protected, and next to the heart to be loved

this is a really good poem...

Drizzy BRONZE said...
on May. 31 2010 at 10:36 am
Drizzy BRONZE, Plano, Texas

"There is no such thing as true fear; just lack of sustained hope." -Me

the great thing about this one is that people can really relate to it some way. That's why I liked it at least.

AbbyQ said...
on May. 31 2010 at 3:34 am
I am sorry this poem upset you guys- it is true that t is not a happy poem, but it was never meant to be. Writing is meant to express emotion. Simply because a poem has a more sombre subject or writing style is no reason to dislike the piece.

_Mags_ SILVER said...
_Mags_ SILVER, Somewhere, North Carolina

- I stare danger in the face and giggle
- Never argue with an idiot, people might not know the difference
-R.A.P (Retards Attempting Poetry)
-Tip Cologne ryhmes with alone

will you guys shut up about that one line. Its a great poem don't let one line ruin it for you.

WannaBeWriternumbertwo BRONZE, Brooklyn Park, Minnesota

"If you cannot read this, please ask the flight attendant for assistance."
United Airlines Flight Safety Brochure
_________________________________________________________________________________

Your poem really hit home, and I really think you are awesome. If you could read one of my poems I would be really happy. Thanx alot, and keep writing!

janette93 BRONZE, Bell Canyon, California

treat others the way you would want to be treated

i love this poem

i think its represents how parents hold their kid back

check out some of my poems :D

on May. 29 2010 at 11:19 am
Katie_Bleu_Kaioko BRONZE, Silver Spring, Maryland

That was ridiculously rude you cretenous poetry-hater.

I like the poem personally, I like the analogies and metaphors and such. ^^

jjhah!luvu said...
I found this REALLY cool video and i thought that u should c it sarah12345678! ull like it its soooo funny! lol

Let's all take a moment to realize what WTF means... what... the... F WORD! So sarah12345678 the f word did surface, and God doesn't hold us down. When was the last time you looked at a Bible? And I am not even close to emo... I am actually a very bubbly person, I also do not cut myself because that is stupid and what I like to call Attention Getting Behavior. Who else does Attention Getting Behavior? Three year olds. So, I could take that statement as an insult, however, I don't because God wants us to forgive.

on May. 28 2010 at 8:51 am

i think she could be talking about God too, actually. that God holds her down. but you know, you're stupid. because you are emo. and you cut yourself. and that's dumb.

and if you reread that lovely statement, in no one place does the f word surface. so you need to start reading much more carefully.

I am not emo. However, I write emo writings. I also believe in God. I think that HE could be talking about God because he FLIES (which is psychically impossible for humans)!

I also can't believe that you eat with same mouth that you say the f-word with

You can't say that's the worst line because if you get rid of that, there is no poem.

on May. 27 2010 at 10:34 am
i know, i cried throughout the whole thing. it was miserable. i'm scared to go home. it reminded me of my dad. i'm so sad so sad so sad Would yoU LiKE t

on May. 27 2010 at 10:27 am
and, also, if the person didn't want to hear bad things being said about their poem, they shouldn't have posted it on teen ink

on May. 27 2010 at 10:25 am
you're a girl with a bit of an attitude? every girl has an attitude, and i'm thinkin i have the worst one. and there are rude people everywhere. you're one person, you're not going to make a difference by telling me that i'm rude and probably hurt this writer's feelings. because quite frankly, i don't CARE if i hurt their feelings. if something some random person said about their poem, hurt their feelings. then they need to get out more. because that would be ridiculous. and you need to just be quiet too. because you're probably going to run into many more people like me, so get used to it.

soulofapoet said...
Oh, my God, that's beautiful...it's like something out of my life.

SarahJumps SILVER, Richmond, Virginia

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
-Eleanor Roosevelt

I think, at a child's birth, if a mother could ask a fairy godmother to endow it with the most useful gift, that gift should be curiosity. -E.R

you can just see them walking, father and son through life it seems- and the boy has dreams that dont fit his fathers demanding expectations. its beautiful

Bob Gomez said...
on May. 26 2010 at 9:38 am
Pokemon geeky nerdles

Bob Gomez said...
on May. 26 2010 at 9:34 am
I couldn'd how could u