Stop The Violence | Teen Ink

Stop The Violence MAG

Drugs all over under the ground.
Guns, people crying, putting each otherdown.
People every day do crazy things.
Buying fancy cars and a lot ofrings.
You have nothing to show for yourself.
You're dying on the inside,and you have bad health.
I wonder what the community can do.
I have noidea, not even a clue.
I look in the paper and I see someone dead.
They layon the stretcher like it was a bed.
The mothers stand in silence.
Peopleshould think TO STOP THE VIOLENCE!!!

on Jun. 9 2011 at 11:09 am
Very good, keep it up

on Jun. 9 2011 at 9:49 am
RanaHewezi1998 SILVER, Ames, Iowa

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I've ended up where I needed to be."
-Douglas Adams

awwww :( that truly makes me wnt to do a difference

gleek1234 GOLD said...
on Jun. 9 2011 at 9:24 am
gleek1234 GOLD, Burlington, Vermont

You did let me go you left me broken and heartless, crying out for help, with no one to answer my calls-Shilpa Pierpont-Hale ( poem) Love hurts

This is a really good poem i wrote one just kind of like it. yeah what ever hapend tot he world? they call this the land of the free?

on Jun. 9 2011 at 8:09 am
K.M.S.Shear BRONZE, Cherokee, Iowa

"Some people think writing is a waist of their time. For me it’s a way to draw an image of myself through the painting of words."

i agree nice wording

on Jun. 9 2011 at 12:11 am
Shabaka11 BRONZE, Tucson, Arizona
thank you so much for saying that! I like the idea, though it's been somewhat beaten to death, but it seems so juvenile! C'mon, teenink, I understand we support everyone but this really isn't up to snuff.

reblep GOLD said...
reblep GOLD, Chester, Connecticut

the sun through my window, warming my skin...

this is so true. sad. but true. i really liked it

on May. 18 2011 at 11:08 am
samisback SILVER, Rock Hill, Missouri

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.
I can sleep when I'm dead.
Are you an Air Force brat?

i completely agree with you, poems like this seem to pop up and rise to the top.

this is a great poem and i really believe u have potential to be a posotive writer and thanks for your input.

dnm ! said...
soooo truee

inspir3d GOLD said...
on Apr. 26 2011 at 8:03 am
inspir3d GOLD, Norcross, Georgia

We're all just looking for attention, to be discovered overnight. We're all frustrated by the popular ones that claim the limelight before they fall to pieces. So many of us are stuck under the radar--what makes me different? You decide!

great message, and that's a cause that I'm very interested in personally. but i'm a little frustrated that poems like this can rise to the top so quickly just because the topic is a hot button in society. Quality oughta be the hot button on this site.

ilovedayna BRONZE, Story, Wyoming

i love you

i have heard all of this several times, and i don't get why people think it's so great. i'm pretty sure you have heard all of this several times, in more or less words. the writing sounds mixed up and the words don't flow. i am thinking people are mostly just rating on what they agree with as far as the high rating goes.

ilovedayna BRONZE, Story, Wyoming

i love you

i think you're headed the right direction with your writing, just bring it closer, describe more about what's going on. put yourself in it more. it sounds like you needed to jump into the situation more. Show your feelings and exaggerate some, too.

Pickles-29 said...
Pickles-29, Boise, Idaho
This poem could use some work but keep trying.

Lahari GOLD said...
Lahari GOLD, Edison, New Jersey

\\\\\\\"Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That\\\\\\\'s why its called the present.\\\\\\\"
— Eleanor Roosevelt

\\\\\\\"When life gives you lemons, make grape juice. Then sit back and watch as the world wonders how you did it.\\\\\\\'

This is poorly written, not sure why its in the Mag. The rhyming is just there. It doesn't add to the poem, it takes away from it. 

But. . keep trying though. :)

on Apr. 4 2011 at 11:30 am
Anasunny SILVER, Florissant, Missouri

Ours is not to reason why, ours is but to do or die.
~ Charge of the Light Brigade, Alfred Lord Tennyson

This was obviously a first draft, no offense, but improve the grammar and rhyme and I think it would be okay

on Apr. 4 2011 at 11:30 am
RideTheWave BRONZE, South Riding, Virginia

I agree with Liveinthemoment...

It was okay but i dont like it too much. something so serious should be portrayed seriously as well

FeelTheRomance18, Tucson, Arizona

love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind, and therefore is winged cupid painted blind. -Lysander, A Midsummer Night's Dream

its OK... but I agree with LiveInTheMoment

rubyrainstorm SILVER, Closter, New Jersey

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
-Buddha.

I personally don't love this poem. It reminds me of something somebody would do the morning the assignment was due. I also felt that the topic was serious, but the way it was delivered was childish. I felt as if you were mocking the subject.

Sabrina.Nichole SILVER, Pineville, Kentucky

"Live your life as you wish, its like possessing a coin, you may spend it however you please; but you can only spend it once, so spend it wisely" - Thomas Kinworth

The message was great, but the rhyme scheme was only there to make the poem rhyme. That in my opinion takes away from the message, because of the low level diction and the incorrect word usage, just to make the poem rhyme. This poem has no emotion in it, it reminds me of a 6th grade essay or something. Im sorry but whoever wrote this really needs to search their heart and write about things that actually mean something to them so that the reader can feel passion from their work!

ellie315 GOLD said...
on Feb. 19 2011 at 1:20 am
ellie315 GOLD, South Pasadena, California

"And this, our life, exempt from public haunt, finds tongues in trees, books in the running brooks, sermons in stones, and good in everything." -- William Shakespeare

Well, if they meant it to be that way it's ineffective. Not to be rude, but I do not like this poem. The concept is important and we should all think about it but still; the rhyming - what does it add? The words sound illfitting and like they were only used because they rhymed. Personally, I think the poem doesn't do the issue justice. It sounds juvenille.